Hey guys I am having allot of trouble in hot with my revenant need build advice.

Ryou.2398

@"Ryou.2398" said:I have been using the default power build of Assassins and dragon build https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Herald_-_Power_Glint but for some reason it does not seem as effective as before, I do not recall anything about their healing being nerfed but my heals do not seem as effective as before.

Any build advice?

Thanks all.

i recommend dwarf over shiro. It offers a bit less damage, but much more healing, damage reduction(power and condi) and aoe-Damage + access to stability and the chain Breakbar damage

@Virdo.1540 said:

@"Ryou.2398" said:I have been using the default power build of Assassins and dragon build
but for some reason it does not seem as effective as before, I do not recall anything about their healing being nerfed but my heals do not seem as effective as before.

Any build advice?

Thanks all.

i recommend dwarf over shiro. It offers a bit less damage, but much more healing, damage reduction(power and condi) and aoe-Damage + access to stability and the chain Breakbar damage

Thanks I will keep this in mind.

If you’re using Hammer CoR is both worse now at long range (damage nerf) and also bugged and not working properly a lot of the time.

Also I disagree with a few of the trait choices in that build for open world. Losing a little bit of damage for Cleansing Channel is helpful, otherwise you have pretty much 0 condi cleanse. Rising momentum imo is better than the regen trait since faster movement = easier/better positioning and not getting hit when used well which = less damage taken. Draconic Echo is helpful for boon sustain for yourself as well over forceful persistence. And swift termination or brutality instead of assassin’s annihilation will help you eliminate mobs faster.

I personally wouldn’t swap out Shiro since it does help you get around, provides great stunbreaks and dodges and gives extra damage, but Jalis is good as well if you feel you can’t use Shiro effectively

For me, I find that power renegade works better in HoT maps since you can pew pew pew with aoe dazz + Impossible Odds + Citadel Bombardment + shortbow with built-in high crit rate of renegade normal mobs and vets should be dead.

Here is the build gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUxzlxQLMPaj1RaMOKjRSjMCygJ3l2LD-zRIYRUzfKNJBaTEUnCoChgiHA-e. With this build your crit chance will be really high if you can maintain full endurance so keep moving and use sword 3 or Reposting Shadows in Shiro instead of dodge roll.

If you want to have more sustain, in Devastation trait line use Assassin's Annihilation instead of Swift Termination with Jalis/Kalla. For more life siphon, with Kalla, use Soulcleave's Summit and Breakrazor's Bastion. Your HP will be full in 2 secs. In Jalis, use Vengeful Hammers and keep flanking. Applying food that heal on crit can be helpful too cause you will crit a lot with Renegade.

If you really need condi cleanse, feel free to switch to Cleansing Channel in Invocation. It's a small dps loss if you cannot maintain 90% hp throughout the fight.

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Hey OP you don't have Renegade?

If not, Dwarf/Demon is your best bet, all Power gear. Dual Swords /Staff weapon.

Dual sword going to be your Quarterback in all of this. Everything centers around it.

Demon? So I gotta switch to condi gear? kitten that is going to take some time.

I'm guessing we are talking open world here?

I would absolutely stick with power in that case and check out Renegade instead, specifically something like the Build PepperMint posted.

I would make some small adjustments, like taking Rolling Mists over Charged Mists for open world (if not running full Zerker/having to dodge at times), as well as Lasting Legacy over Vindication.Then, if you can acquire it, Diviners is a great option, not only for open world but also if you ever want to transition into endgame content as Alacrigade. Although Berserkers or Marauders work perfectly fine as well, depending on what you want/need.

For Weapons I would recommend Shortbow + Staff, and generally just kite at range Auto Attacking with shortbow, while keeping the Staff handy for breakbars on tougher mobs with Staff 5.

The general Gameplay loop will be you putting down Icerazor's Ire (which alone is enough to kill most normal open world mobs), as well as Darkrazor's Daring, to then swap to Shiro for Impossible Odds (which, with all those things doing individual hits, triggers the extra strike every 1/4 seconds for very high damage), and to then AA with Shortbow.If you are low on Might somehow, press Heroic Command, and Orders from Above between engagements to get your Kalla Spirits back faster.

The build has a very easy time to keep up 25 Might and Vulnerability as well as perma Fury, and works great to nuke down both groups of enemies as well as single targets and has a great amount of CC for both as well.It's a very easy to use and a strudy/ranged build and very comfortable for open world. It can also resustain incredibly quickly with Enchanted Daggers + Breakrazor's Bastion + Soulcleave's Summit + Focused Siphoning, as well as optionally Assassin's Annihilation.

@Ryou.2398 said:

If not, Dwarf/Demon is your best bet, all Power gear. Dual Swords /Staff weapon.

Dual sword going to be your Quarterback in all of this. Everything centers around it.

no. Use power gear.

Demon/Dwarf until you get Renegade and replace dwarf with Renegade legend.Stay with Dual Swords and Staff until you get Renegade and swap out Staff for Shortbow.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

no. Use power gear.

Demon/Dwarf until you get Renegade and replace dwarf with Renegade legend.Stay with Dual Swords and Staff until you get Renegade and swap out Staff for Shortbow.

What does mallyx bring for power build? I can only see its leap to gather mobs but nothing else. Admittedly, it is already quite usefull but not sure I would choose mallyx over shiro or jallis.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

no. Use power gear.

What does mallyx bring for power build? I can only see its leap to gather mobs but nothing else. Admittedly, it is already quite usefull but not sure I would choose mallyx over shiro or jallis.

1) Demon has Support/Condition defense for the group and self

2) Has Leap Finisher with CC, and this chills. This synergize with other CC traits and works well for breakbar and gathering mobs to AoE down.

3) Embrace the Darkness provides a easily applied massive stack of AoE Torment which deals good damage even without Condition Damage gear, and provides Dark Field for Defensive Blind combos from Blast, or Life Steal from Whirl/Projectiles of allies or from your own Sword or Staff as suggested. With Power Renegade, you get even more lifesteal from this when swapped out of Kalla to Demon.