What would be Your Cost to Leave GW2

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, all it takes is the Exit to Desktop button for me.

I'd surely try GW3, all we have in GW2 are just cosmetics.

While the lore of GW is purely amazing, the rest of the game really isn't.No point talking about PvP as even the Devs seem to not care that much. PvE content is so tedious, it's only fun doing maps on release.

As for the professions - the E-Specs system literally pulls the game down to hell.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:Actually, all it takes is the Exit to Desktop button for me.

I'd surely try GW3, all we have in GW2 are just cosmetics.

While the lore of GW is purely amazing, the rest of the game really isn't.No point talking about PvP as even the Devs seem to not care that much. PvE content is so tedious, it's only fun doing maps on release.

As for the professions - the E-Specs system literally pulls the game down to hell.

Well said!

@"Asum.4960" said:Templates might be it for me, but either way it won't be a hard "I quit moment".This.

It is a process of transferring more and more of my free time to other games, as well as finding less and less reasons to log in and play this one. And since exactly the same seems to be happening to many of my friends i played this game with (those that didn't leave already, that is), this process is only accelerating. At this point i no longer believe Anet is still capable of doing anything that might hold me back. In fact, it's quite the opposite - they do seem to be vey good at thinking of ways to make my interest in the game drop lower and lower (templates were a real masterpiece as far as this is concerned). Lately, practically every time i thought something might change for th better, Anet went out of their way to persuade me otherwise.

That, of course, means, that i would be quite unlikely to move to a potential GW3 - that would require me trusting (or at least hoping) that the developers will do a good job this time around, and yet i see no basis for this at the moment.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Them shutting down the servers

This... I'm here until they kill they servers and I have no choice. I will likely not play another mmo after gw2.

I play other mmos and other games. I’ve been on a break from one for years. Never really understood the “I’m leaving” sentiment when u you can jump in and out of for free whilst the servers exist.

If they did kill it, I’m sure I’ll find others

If they kill it I won't play another mmo not because I fell something special and unique with gw2 but cause time changed.

7 years ago I had no child and a totally different life style.I could not start another mmo and grinding to where I am now in gw2

Best feature in gw2 is the absence of vertical progression which let those like me to keep on playing . That's all

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:

@Opal.9324 said:I think there are only 3 things that could make me leave GW2 completely:
  • the addition of a gear treadmill
  • the removal of WvW
  • if someone paid me a ton of money to quit

I envisioned a treadmill accessory that you had to walk on while playing in order to generate enough points for new gear. That would be horrific.

Only 100 more miles until I unlock my new ascended weapon! Not sure my heart can take a legendary...

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Them shutting down the servers

This... I'm here until they kill they servers and I have no choice. I will likely not play another mmo after gw2.

Same, i've invest too much in this game, time to get all the rare items, all the endless stuff and more, even money specially at the begining (yep my conscience remain calm after putting 10 bucks in the game every month, not for gems, have enough gold to convert it but to support the game)

Likely, I'll not play another mmo after GW2 (take too much time, some choices to do IRL...) so, Yep, i'll be here till they shut down the light. :/

If gw3 was ever a confirmed thing i think one of the few things that would tempt me to move from gw2 to gw3 with ease would be, being able to carry over my characters assuming the races ((charr)) and classes were still playable.

In any other case the game would just need to reach a state where it was not playable. The most common way this happens is usually a decline in population.The general population in gw2 would need to drop to levels that make the game struggle to work as much content based around the game hinges on the idea that there will be a plethora of additional players playing with you pvp, pve, wvw etc.

While I don't really intend to leave GW2 unless they shut down the servers, I do occasionally take breaks from the daily routine. You don't have to log into the game every single day.

If you're finding yourself getting more and more annoyed at the game every day, just take a small break and find something else to do for a while. Come back when you've worked out what your problems were or when you really start to miss it.

I am not married to any specific franchise including Guildwars. Going to quit when I do not feel like playing anymore. Even a game you invested thousands of hours into (10000+ in my case) is just a game in the end. There are always multiple reasons to quit these games for me. Not going to go crazy over a single feature I dislike or a piece of content not to my liking as long as there is anything else left that I enjoy.

It will cost me emotions. I still play GW1. I do love GW2. I'm a fan. Now in term of money... Like I have seen in several replies before: Close to nothing if I compare the amount of hours this game is entertaining me since years, compared to what I did invest.

I will keep enjoying GW1 and GW2 as long as it goes, and if it's the end some day, I will be sad.

Cost to leave for me would be too much. Ive invested a lot of time, money, made really good friends/fam (which is priceless) and my current main, in case they shut servers down at some point, im looking into a 3d model being made so I will always have gw2. Game helped me get through crazy/stressful times where I first became a parent. GW2...to me....would never leave. If GW3 came out, id get it but i wouln't leave GW2.

What I've already spent on the game? A lot. Divided by how many hours I've played? Cents on the dollar. Multiplied by the relationships I've made? Priceless. (Incidentally, those will follow me even after Guild Wars 2.)

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:If we don't get an expansion or at least elite specs every 1 or 2 Living World Seasons, the game is going to get old.

I never understood why people consider expansions different from Living World seasons. So far, the only thing expansions have added that Living World hasn't is elite specializations.

There's no need to point out the sunken cost fallacy anymore I see; just wanted to add my t̶w̶o̶ ̶c̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ €0 cost.Apparently, my account is worth 31,910g 82s 19c - never checked that before, because I don't care. That's quite some 'real money' in gems as it turns out, but to me it's a bargain for 3108 hours, 56 minutes played (plus uncounted hours of laughs on/over forum threads).