I'm garbage at 1v1s while roaming. What low-skill builds would you recommend to learn how to fight?

Fungling.5742

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@anduriell.6280 said:

Even a tank condi thief will do 10k backstabs to tanky target.

Absolute BS. I know you hate thief but that claim is so ridiculous it's not even funny.

4k power 261 crit damage on my thief with 5 vuln hits 5k on a proper tank that knows how to play better than my refrigerator.

I have videos proving otherwise. Your 'proper tank' definition surely includes 100% protection , food -10% damage and rite of the dwarf.

To a 3k armor backstab from a tank condi thief will do 10k.

As I said, you want ez op go thief.

Please do. But bear in mind the entire community can see any foolishness you post.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

Absolute BS. I know you hate thief but that claim is so ridiculous it's not even funny.

4k power 261 crit damage on my thief with 5 vuln hits 5k on a proper tank that knows how to play better than my refrigerator.

I have videos proving otherwise. Your 'proper tank' definition surely includes 100% protection , food -10% damage and rite of the dwarf.

Please do. But bear in mind the entire community can see any foolishness you post.

This dude claiming I ask for Ranger nerfs every chance I get in another thread, yet the only thing I've done in recent times is starting a thread asking for "Sic 'Em!" to be adjusted so core Ranger doesn't get kneecapped in the process of nerfing Soulbeast. And that was an informed request not an overreaction making ridiculous claims.

And then here he is saying you can do 10k backstabs in full condi gear. LOL. Some how I'm not shocked that they'd say something so asinine.

@Jake Orion.2049 said:

@"Fungling.5742" said:Like, I understand that for a game like GW2 (and specifically WvW) there's so much complexity that it's hard to achieve good balance, so I'm not going to complain about getting destroyed by somebody's cheese holo engineer build. That's fine. I'm just looking to get incrementally better and right now it feels like doing that requires simplifying things, or else I'm just going to be trying to learn too much stuff at once.

Just out of curiosity, is it you're typically getting one-shotted because you are not paying attention or you are actively engaged in the fight and they still manage to "blow you up"?

Also, and I know it sucks, but you REALLY have to pay attention of what you are fighting against. Fighting against a competent Mirage or Daredevil can be tough for even experienced players like myself. I still haven't figured out how to beat the clones of a Mirage, but I have been learning to focus on the character that is acting differently from the clones.

I did a litle video with my core guardian one shot build that shows how broken damage is in wvw, its very easy to make a necro pop out of existence most times because all i need is a couple of seconds to get in and its not possible to predict all the time.

Its more rewarding than it should, have a look

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

This dude claiming I ask for Ranger nerfs every chance I get in another thread, yet the only thing I've done in recent times is starting a thread asking for "Sic 'Em!" to be adjusted so core Ranger doesn't get kneecapped in the process of nerfing Soulbeast. And that was an informed request not an overreaction making ridiculous claims.

And then here he is saying you can do 10k backstabs in full condi gear. LOL. Some how I'm not shocked that they'd say something so asinine.

He's somehow managed to convince a lot of soulbeasts it's fine.

I was driven out of threads in the same way in the past by him and a few others when discussing the math behind things.His posts were heavily upvoted and it made me sad that others are so biased.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

He's somehow managed to convince a lot of soulbeasts it's fine.

I was driven out of threads in the same way in the past by him and a few others when discussing the math behind things.His posts were heavily upvoted and it made me sad that others are so biased.

I'm not surprised. Every profession sub forum is full of victims that think their class is the most hated by ANet as well as being the weakest and most underrepresented. Some of those subs are worse than others but the Ranger one seems to be the worst of all. God forbid anyone tries to make legitimate discussion or you'll be labelled a noob that just wants Ranger to be useless. This thread right here is a perfect example of that. Although the original poster of the thread may not have began with any constructive ideas, just simply stating "do you guys thing this should be nerfed?", the responses that followed weren't any more helpful.

Just avoid the Ranger sub if you want to keep your sanity. I'm glad I'm a Necro main because historically, that sub has been relatively constructive. At least people are willing to admit when something needs to be adjusted or will have actual conversation about ways to better the class without making it oppressive ( some exceptions may apply but again, this is the same of every profession sub ).

The best advice is to pick a profession, pick a build that fits a style you like (stealth, melee face smash, ranged etc) and then stick with it. Like actually stick with it. Find out what it can do, what it can't do, what match ups you really must run from. You are not going to be able to win all fights and you will eventually be able to adjust the build to fit your own play style as well.I personally play a hybrid (power/condi) longbow /dagger dagger soulbeast. It sure isn't the best build out there but I have made it work for me and I enjoy playing it. No one expects condi burst from a soulbeast with a longbow :)

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@miguelsil.6324 said:and its not possible to predict all the time.
pops shield and predictably teleports all the time

true, but i can telport before with ring of warding to keep someone in before the aegis pops or even use banish to know them away and then back to sword to teleport in time for the aegis pop on them while blinding them, droping a decent damage symbol and imideatly go for sword3 damage burst reflecting projectiles.

It does not work always of course but it rewarding most of the times, also its a core build it will never be as good as the other elites regarding sustain and survival unfortunately.