How do you know what to sell and what not to sell? *Warning, Hoarder*

My bank and Inventory is probably a hoarders dream. I never know what to keep or how to use any of it. Do I just keep them because they are pretty?

Bit of detail. I am a super casual player, I love to join in with events and the likes and complete the story. I do not have any profession (I started black smithing but it was too complex for me) and my Bank/inventory is super full. I just dont want to sell everything and start fresh, although its tempting, but I feel that I need to know what some of the stuff is in my grasp. I just wanna know, what the Hell is all this stuff =)

Here is a link to a screenshot of my bank/inventory. Ill be happy to answer questions about the items =) https://imgur.com/a/AWoKtao

You might want to give crafting another chance. :) Even if you don't want to craft your own equipment for some reason, you can still upgrade mats and sell them for a better price. For easier and less confusing levelling, I'd recommend this guide: https://gw2crafts.net/index.html

When I am uncertain what to do with an item and weather or not it's worth keeping, I mostly just check the wiki. If any of the uses or crafting recipes are interesting, I'll likely keep the item.You have a lot of boosters in your bank. I think you can just use them whenever you feel like it. :) They are mostly meant for casual OW and story gameplay, so don't worry too much about saving them.

But all in all, that's pretty much it. Check what you can do with each item, consider if that is relevant for you, and decide based on that, I'd say. Have fun. ^^

I agree that it comes with experience, but there are shortcuts. If I'm not sure what something is or what it's for I look it up on the Wiki to find out.

As for how I decide what to keep and what to get rid of the short answer is when I'm clearing out my bank and inventory I ask myself two questions about each item:1) Why am I keeping this?2) Can I get another one?

I'm pretty free with question 1, for example 'nostalgia - it reminds me of my first year in the game' is a valid answer for some things. But I have to have an answer other than 'maybe it will be useful for something one day'. If I don't have a use for it and I can get another (which is the vast majority of items in the game) I'll sell it, salvage it, use it or maybe just delete it.

Incidentally here's some 'quick wins' I can see looking at your screenshot. Important note: 'sell' always means sell on the Trading Post, unless you're not able to because the item has hit it's minimum value. Except for those items (usually green and blue level 80 equipment) it's always better to use the TP than sell to a merchant.

• Champion boxes/bags & bags of loot - open them, then sell or salvage the contents, they have no other purpose.
  • Bag of Mystic Coins - open it, deposit the coins into Material Storage. (In the unlikely event you have over 250 of them and aren't saving them up you can sell them for a lot of gold.
  • Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore & Empyreal Fragments - You can get items to 'eat' these and turn them into bags of random loot, or you can just delete them because you'll get far, far more than you need unless you're doing a lot of ascended crafting.
  • Boosters - These can be combined into fewer stacks by talking to a Black Lion Trader (Armorsmith). I recommend keeping the karma boosters seperate because you can't select those from the Enchanted Reward Booster but the others could be combined.
  • Box o' Fun (and the Super Adventure Box o' Fun) - Unless you're planning to make The Moot these have no use except to drop them in busy areas for players to use, so you may as well use them up.
  • Black Lion Chests - Unless you're planning on buying or farming some keys to use on them you may as well sell them. Boxes drop far, far more often than the keys.
  • Mini Green Raptor Hatchlings - if you want to keep one to use right click it and add it to your wardrobe. The rest can be sold unless you're collecting them to make the other colours.
  • Anything where the description says "This item only has value as part of a collection" - these will have been added to the collection when you got them and can be safely sold to a merchant.

I usually open all my boxes, I just didnt do that before this screen shot. I apologise. :'(

So what do I do with the equipment? I have unlocked the skins and I can see them in my wardrobe but I dunno if I can just delete/destroy/salvage them and they will always be there.

I can sell the collection stuff? But do I need to keep it until the collection is complete?

What is the spoon, Why is the spoon there. I dunno why I kept it Haha :p /s

@Mymathekiller.2814 said:I usually open all my boxes, I just didnt do that before this screen shot. I apologise. :'(

So what do I do with the equipment? I have unlocked the skins and I can see them in my wardrobe but I dunno if I can just delete/destroy/salvage them and they will always be there.

I can sell the collection stuff? But do I need to keep it until the collection is complete?

What is the spoon, Why is the spoon there. I dunno why I kept it Haha :p /s

If you are just looking for the skin then once it's unlocked you can salvage. The skin will stay.Collection material you can pawn off once you gather it...the collection will note that you unlocked it :)

Exotic gear is so easy to get these days that you can safely merch or salvage stuff that you aren't using.Use the boosters and consumables. Don't just waste them, but if you're in WvW use the xp booster to accelerate the track. Just use the MF booster when you're actively playing. Use the 24 hour birthday boosters. You are allowed save the karma boost until wintersday, and I guess the power/regen ones if you occasionally struggle with solo stuff. Seriously, it will be ok to use most of them.Back items - you will get more than you'll ever need. Ascended ones too. Exotic back items can go.Work on getting better bags - Halloween pail is a 20 slotter, but also an invisible one - put ALTERNATE gear sets (not just random exotics that dropped) and unid gear in it. I like oiled and craftsmans bags to keep things vaguely sorted.

There's so much else in that screenshot...ditch the aetherkeys. is that a foefire amulet and ghostly spineguard? why keep those? Decide if you're crafting the spinal blades backpack or not.