Warclaw Lance vs Aegis — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Warclaw Lance vs Aegis

Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

We know its pretty crappy if you are trying to unmount someone, and its getting blocked by its passive Aegis-Generation.

So how about making it unblockable? An easy fix. Its not doing much damage, so it only will have impact on the Aegis-Mounts.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• While I support the idea, I think it's unlikely to happen. We've had the same issue with passive Last Stand preventing gliding warriors from being shot down for years. At least with gliding guardians, you just had to hit them once with a regular shot to remove Aegis before shooting them down.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

DH buddy of mine last night didnt realize his aegis protects him from the first lance lol. We tested it vs another (enemy) and he then found out

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    CLOK Commander and all around nice bro

• L A T I O N.8923L A T I O N.8923 Member ✭✭✭✭

Its gonna take a bit

But Will get changed in the end

The end
    The end

• @Cal Cohen.2358 said:
    I just put in a change to make the Lance unblockable. It won't make it in for the next release, but it's coming in the future.

it also seems people are one shotting with maul. maybe make it unable to crit?

Te lazla otstara.

• How about making Last Stand not work while gliding?

• Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the change and fast response!

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

One day on the job and already getting things done :)

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cal Cohen.2358 said:
    I just put in a change to make the Lance unblockable. It won't make it in for the next release, but it's coming in the future.

Will the Aegis stay after getting hit by the lance?
    Seems kinda silly that this would give an unfair advantage vs. Guardians if it breaks the Aegis.

• Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Cal Cohen.2358 said:

Seems kinda silly that this would give an unfair advantage vs. Guardians if it breaks the Aegis.

What unfair advantage? It's supposed to block one attack, but the attack is unlockable. I don't see any problem.

[NUKE]

• If it's not too much trouble, how about lowering the CD. 30s is too long.

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Cal Cohen.2358 said:

it also seems people are one shotting with maul. maybe make it unable to crit?

One shotting with maul has existed since the launch of warclaw

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Cal Cohen.2358 said:

if its unblockable it wont trigger aegis, because its not being blocked.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Samug.6512 said:

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Cal Cohen.2358 said:

What unfair advantage? It's supposed to block one attack, but the attack is unlockable. I don't see any problem.

Heralds doesnt have their active facets too, while being on the mount. So why let the guards have their aegis?

• @Kovu.7560 said:
    Good idea, but I suspect it'll take Anet aegis to implement this change.

~ Kovu

edit- Yes, I know its pronounced e-jiz, just enjoy the crappy wordplay...

Actually either pronunciation works:
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aegis

• Vegeta.2563Vegeta.2563 Member ✭✭✭

@Kovu.7560 said:
    its pronounced e-jiz

uwu

• Solitude.2097Solitude.2097 Member ✭✭
    edited October 25, 2019

oi!
    f2p accounts need a safe aegis
    just like a protection aura + regen amulet for 100 pvp games or reaching 1500+ rating

edit:nvm they cant get mounts :(

Need some things to sort out , till the start of March
    In Semptember ... i am sorry.... but it will be my last chance to get in Coellege , at my age

• @Cal Cohen.2358 said:

You're good at what you do, Cal. If only you had the power to delete the mount from the game entirely :)

• Slick.7164Slick.7164 Member ✭✭✭

Im glad we making one class nerfed instead of fixing balancing problems. You little snow flakes are genius. Can we have 3 wash rooms instead of two? What of someone wasn't comfortable being xx or xy?

• Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭

Given dura runes proc boons when hit while mounted, it might be worth seeing whether earth runes give you the magnetic aura when hit too. Unblockable lance would fix both problems tho, thanks to Cal for letting us know that's in the works :)

Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

• Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Cal Cohen.2358 said:

Tuesday . . ?

• Unlockable lance in the new release. Excellent.

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 19, 2019

More wasted developer time. Such a shame.

@Mighty Cole.7849 said:
    If it's not too much trouble, how about lowering the CD. 30s is too long.

If it's not too much trouble, how about raising the CD. 30s is too short.

I know, I know you're saying, "there'll always be someone who doesn't like what we do."
    I like what you do, you do it very well, I don't like the decision to do it!

This post contains my opinion.

• L A T I O N.8923L A T I O N.8923 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Slick.7164 said:
    Im glad we making one class nerfed instead of fixing balancing problems. You little snow flakes are genius. Can we have 3 wash rooms instead of two? What of someone wasn't comfortable being xx or xy?

Thats an absolutely ridiculous statement just for the sake of being ridiculous. This is a fix to something that should not be occuring - ie getting boons on a mount that interfere with mount vs mount combat and give one class specifically a massive advantage that no one else gets. It literally is a balance problem. Calling people snowflakes is highly ironic. Imagine if thieves could stealth when dodging on a mount, or the mesmer got clones? It would be the same thing.

I mean yeah the eagis shouldnt be there on the mount in the first place...rune/good effects still uphold with the change to unblockable

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

@Mighty Cole.7849 said:
    If it's not too much trouble, how about lowering the CD. 30s is too long.

It should reset as soon as a player re-mounts.