Dragon Mount

maxan.7836

Been playing Gw since gw1- Now after being ill and to unwell to play- We have a Dragon mount - I have done all requested except one - Stuck at Goemm's Lab- Just past lighting jumps-Done it once- Now back here - So frustrated on time spent on this Before - And now Before I can move on and be done with it - I need to do it again - J/P for Dragon- Well if left behind it's not threw lac of trying - About ready to throw a fab game up unto now- On the scrap heap - As I can only imagine we need a Dragon for the future and to move on with game achievements and such- Only ever seen 4 or 5 people trying when playing - None of us getting anywhere - Just about over it - If you have this prob let it be known- Gw2 is not the be all and end all- Although it would be sad to leave such a fab game after all these years-

A significant amount of JP's can be skipped using mounts and abilities.. Anet have put measures in place to avoid this but there really isn't anything they can do outside of removing mount use on Vanilla maps to stop players from finding a way to skip to the end.

Personally I like the challenge of that equally as much as I enjoy the JP itself and don't consider it a problem when there are often Mesmers porting people to the end anyway.

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:its this JP helpable by mes?

Yes, it is. After opening the chest, pass through the gate. You will find yourself on a ... platform, looking at ... the starting point of the JP. You can port ppl from there.

I hated this JP (it was one of my all times "favorites"). I stubbornly tried to do it. I managed, finally. It was like a flash. The second time i done it without mistakes. I ended doing it when it is at daily - it takes less than 4 events in a random map.

For the OP - I don't advise you do do the same if you don't have a special reason. But in that case you should wait to it do be on daily and to use the Portal from a mesmer. Or, as the other colleagues said, use the "sausage" to lure the Skyscale to you. USe it in the map, at a range smaller than 70 000 units.

There are several ways you can do this easily:

• Mesmers and Thieves can both port you directly to the end.
  • You can use a Teleport to Friend to go directly to the end after someone else has done it. Unlike Mesmer and Thief portals, Teleport to Friend bypasses all known limitations of porting in the game, and you get them from opening birthday presents.
  • On Sandswept Isles (LS4), go to the 2nd heart with the Inquest, the NPC is a Charr, he will sell you an infinite use position rewinder. This is the recommended method since it trivialises all future JPs since you can retry every 30sec.

Also, there are two sets of JPs for Skyscale: One set can be skipped with Skyscale treats bought off the TP.

Are you on NA? If so I have a mesmer parked at the end and can very easily port you up, no charge, you just need to ask while I'm at the computer. Put me on your Friends list and send me a whisper when you see me log in. (Warning: Tuesdays there's a shorter time window than other days, I have about 3 hours left as of now).

@ShadowGryphon.6257 said:

Gw2 is not the be all and end all- Although it would be sad to leave such a fab game after all these years-

why would you leave the game over a mount that you don't really need?extreme reactions do you no good.O_o

he's ill and by the way he writes it must be something that is limiting his playing capabilities.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Extra-Pungent_Skyscale_Treat

Check your character's inventory for an Extra-Pungent Skyscale Treat. You were given one by Gorrik at the start of this step of the collection. If you haven't used it already then you use it now to skip the requirement to complete Goemm's Lab.

If you've already used it or otherwise can't find it you can buy another one from the Trading Post (or craft one yourself if you have the materials and a level 400 chef).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@"jahaan.1405" said:But how do you use it? I keep clicking on it in my inventory standing outside the puzzle, under the puzzle, inside the puzzle. What is the command or whatever to get it to work. It just keeps saying "There's nothing here."

I'm not sure how it works, because I only used one and that was too long ago. But I think the skyscale runs towards you, and you still have to interact with it.Which puzzle do you want to complete? Normally it should work over the whole map, only if there are two on the same, you should need to be closer.