Should Anet limit the number of times a skill from different players stacks with itself?

@lare.5129 said:I choose No, but mostly not understand about what is asking. And why it can be abuse ?May be we should keep rule: take keyboard and press any key, and be happy?

The intent of time warp and fmw is probably not to provide perma quickness with no boon duration. It doesn't seem healthy to be stacking any profession five times. Having 50% to 100% be a single profession is too much.

This is meant only for PvE. You can't queue as five of the same in PvP. And in WvW you can have more than 10 people.

Edit: also only one person has voted so far. And I haven't voted. Did you accidentally click Yes?

@lare.5129 said:so if some variation exist why we should ask to eliminate that?As for me I think we should respect people who can do it.

How is stacking five of the exact same build variation? And why would people using one skill off cooldown be deserving of respect?

I drew the line when I saw people running six identical dragon hunters in a raid.

The same skill from separate players should not stack more than 3 times in PvE. Even three dragonhunters and one quickbrand would be an improvement. Since you theoretically get 2 more slots for other professions.

@"Daniel Handler.4816" said:How is stacking five of the exact same build variation?everyone give 20%. 20*5 =100%

And why would people using one skill off cooldown be deserving of respect?Because this is mmo and not stand-alone game. Yet.

I drew the line when I saw people running six identical dragon hunters in a raid.I think you was see this is pro raid team. Best of best paleyrs in Guild Wars2. They have different charr and build for each boss. Sometimes it is same.

The same skill from separate players should not stack more than 3 times in PvE. Even three dragonhunters and one quickbrand would be an improvement. Since you theoretically get 2 more slots for other professions.This is wrong mathematics. We not get "2 more slots", we have more difficult way to create party and "2 LESS slots" and prevent wait more ..

I give you exsample, I go cms+t4. Mostly every day. Sometimes 5 players collect before start can be 1+ hour. Sometimes 10 minutes.

But 1-2 hour waiting if you can't by real life environment join prime time is not big fun..So now you suggest make party collection impossible at all ?

This change might do something about over-the-top compositions like stacking Scourges before Epidemic got nerfed (not that it doesn't still work albeit a little less broken) and maybe some other stuff like Feel My Wrath stacking but it won't fix all balancing issues.What would stop us from using 5 Weavers or any other given best DPS class? Unless you are intending to spread this limitation to all fields and effects, don't allow multiple traps of the same type or condition fields to hit the same enemy. That would certainly keeep us from bringing more than one of each of those builds. But then what about builds which mostly rely on auto attacking?

Time Warp, Feel My Wrath, etc. are just benefits certain DPS classes are able to provide alongside their already good individual damage. People simply took squad compositions to a new level with smart build crafting. They bring as few actual supports as possible while stacking these builds. Something like stacks of Chronos/Mirages or DHs. Are those "class benefits" spread fairly? Not really, I suppose.But then there is stuff like banners on Warriors or spirits on Soulbeasts. Both builds have good damage and rather powerful 10 men buffs. The Warrior benefits in particular are not taken care of by any of the supports which makes them a true must-have while the other builds you are able to stack to get rid of a support spot are not must-haves as their benefits are usually already covered by said supports as most groups will be forced to use that support anyways for their multiple defensive benefits.

All of that just doesn't seem practical. Honestly, if they want to balance those skills then they have to look at them individually like they did with Epidemic. Forcing a general limitation will simply miss the main target and actually hurt everyone else. Not to mention the fact that people might not be too happy if they suddenly won't be able to play a build they like because you aren't supposed to have more than one of them now.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:Since you theoretically get 2 more slots for other professions.

At the cost of ease of composition.

Raids have 10 slots. If a raid group wants to stack 1 class for what ever reason, they will do so. This is not only speed related, there is also the nearly unkillable multi scourge setup which can clear almost any boss without issue rather safe.

As far as quickness is concerned, 1 chrono can currently provide an entire 10 man squad with permanent quickness. The reason Dragonhunters were stacked was due to their top tier damage output and the 10 man alacrity from renegade, not the fact that 1 support could be cut out.

People really need to stop doing this entire: oh there might be more class variety if we place more restrictions!

That's never been the case it it was never healthy for the game mode. The best additions for class variety were always less restrictions and more classes being able to potentially perform a role. Class stacking happens regardless of all that.

@Henry.5713 but neither spirits nor banners stack. You could at least draw it at no more than 5 persistent aoe of the same type in PvE.

@Cyninja.2954 the Seize the Moment build with players maintaining AA while moving near and far from the mesmer is an edge case scenario at best. And please tell me how potentially filling a role helps when Ele has higher dps than Guardian already? Should Ele give quickness on its elite?

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@Cyninja.2954 the Seize the Moment build with players maintaining AA while moving near and far from the mesmer is an edge case scenario. And please tell me how potentially filling a role helps when Ele has higher dps than Guardian already? Should Ele give quickness on its elite?

Really? You are going to compare elementalist, which is vastly more difficult, to Guardian? Is that what this argument comes down to? (besides the fact that the statement that ele is higher dps is factually only true on golem). Sure, if you had enough players able to play elementalist in the top 1% as to outperform guardians, you might have an issue.

Elementalist does less damage on say Gorse because DH can burst through certain phases (retal while cc) without consequence while elementalists are dependant on their team. Without getting into any other issues like cc availability on top of ease of play.

Sorry, I'm not seeing it.

As far as solo chrono, we are runnig one in my static. I couln't make an educated guess as to how many PUG groups or lower statics do. It is very well possible though without issue and very doable for players of the caliber of elementalist you are talking about (top 1%).

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Cyninja.2954 the Seize the Moment build with players maintaining AA while moving near and far from the mesmer is an edge case scenario. And please tell me how potentially filling a role helps when Ele has higher dps than Guardian already? Should Ele give quickness on its elite?

Really? You are going to compare elementalist, which is vastly more difficult, to Guardian? Is that what this argument comes down to? (besides the fact that the statement that ele is higher dps is factually only true on golem). Sure, if you had enough players able to play elementalist in the top 1% as to outperform guardians, you might have an issue.

Elementalist does less damage on say Gorse because DH can burst through certain phases (retal while cc) without consequence while elementalists are dependant on their team. Without getting into any other issues like cc availability on top of ease of play.

Then what would be the problem with giving them aoe quickness? Why are dragonhunters and chrono special amongst all power builds? Especially if only 1% could abuse it.

Then what would be the problem with giving them aoe quickness? Why is dragonhunters and chrono special amongst all power builds?

I never said it was a problem. How does that in any way support your original thought though?

I already said that more access to boons and less restrictions is the way to go...

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Then what would be the problem with giving them aoe quickness? Why is dragonhunters and chrono special amongst all power builds?

I never said it was a problem. How does that in any way support your original thought though?

Should all power builds be able to give aoe quickness? Do we even need supports? I'm trying to determine where you are at.

Should all power builds be able to give aoe quickness? I'm trying to determine where you are at.

You are totally off topic by now.

If this is a disguised "my class can't do xyz" thread, then don't mislead readers with suggestions. Just be upfront and say: I want boon xyz for my class.

As to answer the question: no, I do not think all power builds should provide quickness. Similar as I do not think all power builds should provide might, fury or alacrity or any other boon.

With build templates coming along i'd like to see more focus on building for boons and having boon duration (concentration) play more of a role and doing away with the current boon stacking strategy.

I don't like that a Warrior can invest heavily in Boon duration at the cost to his defense and damage and apply the exact same amount of might benefit that a full DPS spec'd warrior can.. the only difference being the duration that might is applied for.

I'd much rather a system where investing into boons for support builds not only enhances the duration of boons but also how effective/powerful they are.Imo that would make creating groups far more interesting and demand for more specialized support builds higher across more professions and once the build templates are in the game it'll be a lot easier for people to keep a support build on backup and swap to at any time thus potentialy increasing their uses in many game modes.

That's just my opinion though, I'll be making more support builds after the templates are in the game and when Anet finally upgrade that system so that a single keybind will be able to change both your equipment and build at the same time I'll finally have a variation of the build swapping mechanic I've been wanting in Gw2.It's going to be great having the ability to break out of combat and swap builds with the push of a button to focus on a different tactic..Swapping from a DPS Archer Ranger into a Druid healer mid event to help keep people alive if the downed toll gets too high.. just one example that comes to mind.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Should all power builds be able to give aoe quickness? I'm trying to determine where you are at.

You are totally off topic by now.

If this is a disguised "my class can't do xyz" thread, then don't mislead readers with suggestions. Just be upfront and say: I want boon xyz for my class.

As to answer the question: no, I do not think all power builds should provide quickness. Similar as I do not think all power builds should provide might, fury or alacrity or any other boon.

Well no. I main mesmer. I asked that about Ele in jest. I didn't think you would agree to give away part of my profession's identity to a third profession. But if you are serious about less restrictions where do you draw the line?

I draw it at seven power chronos in keep construct. If that means only 3 power chronos and a 1 support chrono that doesn't affect me. People don't like playing mesmer in my group anyway.

They already are limited, since 2 years ago:

The duration-based boons Protection, Quickness, Regeneration, Resistance, Retaliation, and Vigor will now only stack up to 5 times instead of 9. (October 18, 2016)Notice, that it's an even greater limitation than what you're talking about, because it also caps multiple applications from different skills, or even from the same skill from the same player.

@Astralporing.1957 said:They already are limited, since 2016.

The duration-based boons Protection, Quickness, Regeneration, Resistance, Retaliation, and Vigor will now only stack up to 5 times instead of 9. (October 18, 2016)

Yes. It's more complicated than a base restoration since TW needs to be rotated. FMW can be used off cd for your subgroup

You didn't think about the open-world repercussions of this. What if 20 Guardians put Sword of Justice on the stack of Gerrent? Only 3 would do damage? What about the elemantalists casting Meteor Shower in a very large area? Thieves Daggerstorming? Same with boons. So you used FMW but you already got affected by 3 other Guardians around you so it does nothing to you?

@borgs.6103 said:You didn't think about the open-world repercussions of this. What if 20 Guardians put Sword of Justice on the stack of Gerrent? Only 3 would do damage? What about the elemantalists casting Meteor Shower in a very large area? Thieves Daggerstorming? Same with boons. So you used FMW but you already got affected by 3 other Guardians around you so it does nothing to you?

No I did not. Maybe there are tech work arounds but I doubt it. However while I enjoy playing mesmer. I'm comfortable with diminishing returns in all of PvE. If necros can't bounce epidemic 20 times why should mesmer get 20 gravity wells?

Having 7 on keep construct is too much. Unless they are nerfing mesmer/guardian damage for this edge case (which is a terrible idea), I won't see them ever being unseated.

@"borgs.6103" said:You didn't think about the open-world repercussions of this. What if 20 Guardians put Sword of Justice on the stack of Gerrent? Only 3 would do damage? What about the elemantalists casting Meteor Shower in a very large area? Thieves Daggerstorming? Same with boons. So you used FMW but you already got affected by 3 other Guardians around you so it does nothing to you?

No I did not. Maybe there are tech work arounds but I doubt it. However while I enjoy playing mesmer. I'm comfortable with diminishing returns in all of PvE. If necros can't bounce epidemic 20 times why should mesmer get 20 gravity wells?Oh, but the necros
can
bounce epidemic 20 times, or even more. What they can't really do is bounce
the same condition
over and over again. Skills you are complaining about do not "bounce" the same boons - thy generate new ones. The same way necro can apply more and more condition stacks with each new skill application, and is not limited in this in any way.

Notice, there was a time when you could only apply a limited amount of conditions on targets. Until that limitation got removed, condition builds were pretty much kittened outside small scale PvP. We definitely do not want a return of that.

Having 7 on keep construct is too much.On the contrary - being able to run any dps you might want in each of the dps slots, without worrying about needing a specific class for that last spot is a great thing, and should remain.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"borgs.6103" said:You didn't think about the open-world repercussions of this. What if 20 Guardians put Sword of Justice on the stack of Gerrent? Only 3 would do damage? What about the elemantalists casting Meteor Shower in a very large area? Thieves Daggerstorming? Same with boons. So you used FMW but you already got affected by 3 other Guardians around you so it does nothing to you?

No I did not. Maybe there are tech work arounds but I doubt it. However while I enjoy playing mesmer. I'm comfortable with diminishing returns in all of PvE. If necros can't bounce epidemic 20 times why should mesmer get 20 gravity wells?Oh, but the necros
can
bounce epidemic 20 times, or even more. What they can't really do is bounce
the same condition
over and over again. Skills you are complaining about do not "bounce" the same boons - thy generate new ones. The same way necro can apply more and more condition stacks with each new skill application, and is not limited in this in any way.

Notice, there
was
a time when you could only apply a limited amount of conditions on targets. Until that limitation got removed, condition builds were pretty much kittened outside small scale PvP. We definitely do not want a return of that.

Then give diminishing returns in the same respect as epidemic.

Having 7 on keep construct is too much.On the contrary - being able to run any dps you might want in each of the dps slots, without worrying about needing a specific class for that last spot is a great thing, and should remain.

No one is worrying about the last spot with seven chronos. They are worrying about getting seven people to play chrono. Having it restricted to 3-4 chronos, 3 power, 1 quickness support will alleviate that concern.

No. That is quite honestly ridiculous. If a skill gives a unique buff (and I don't mean boons, something like Frost Spirit) then they shouldn't be able to stack, but this is already the case. I don't see what is wrong with being able to drop a support because your DPS can cover the boons, surely this just adds more comp diversity. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from NOT running this, and you can incredibly easily find pug groups running "normal" comps.

@"Lottie.5370" said:No. That is quite honestly ridiculous. If a skill gives a unique buff (and I don't mean boons, something like Frost Spirit) then they shouldn't be able to stack, but this is already the case. I don't see what is wrong with being able to drop a support because your DPS can cover the boons, surely this just adds more comp diversity. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from NOT running this, and you can incredibly easily find pug groups running "normal" comps.

There is a difference betweeen dps covering a boon and six to seven covering a boon in a way no other profession can compete with.We have two alacrity bots, and two quickness bots. We don't need more just so DH isn't constantly BIS.

Running that many of the same build reduces comp diversity.