Can we get a couple of reasonable, minor changes to some abilities?

Ruufio.1496

I think that these are changes just about every engineer will agree to and are not controversial:

Box of Nails - Reduce cast time from 0.75s to 0.25s. Increase bleed and cripple duration from 2s to 3s.Why? This skill is and has always been used for slowing an opponent down while kiting around the environment. A 0.75s cast time is quite long and leaves you pretty vulnerable for something that just cripples. The increased duration is because so many things exist in game that practically make the cripple a duration of 0s.

Pry Bar - Increase damage by 10%.Why? We lost our 10% damage boost trait a while back and pry bar does not even hit that hard compared to many other skills in the game. Pry bar is one of the very few "burst" skills that engineer has other than grenade barrage.

Grenade Kit - Make the velocity and radius increase baseline.Why? Grenade kit has seen many nerfs over the years and is practically never used competitively anymore because you're forced into explosives for the trait. Even with the trait, it's generally just taken for grenade barrage. The kit is almost entirely useless in large fights because of projectile defenses. Explosives itself is bad and needs an overhaul like warriors tactics traitline received.

Overall, I would say a definitive 'yes' to these changes. Pry bar can indeed use the slight bit of damage. However, the grenade change is the most important to me. As a mostly PvP player, I just get sad that I'm locked out of grenade kit, simply because the trait is required in order to be useful. I would rather like to see a trait that allows a certain playstyle to be just enhanced.

@Antycypator.9874 said:Here's something from me:Make rockets from Mortar Kit travel faster. They're not doing great damage, but try to hit a moving target. It's difficult.

It's a big no to me. Mortar kit is mainly for providing combo fields over a large battlefield. not for a damaging auto attack. Besides, the fact that it moves slowly at the moment, means that the arc is quite large, therefore being able to shoot it on top of elevated places (WvW walls).