Updates from the Systems Team

Shura.4280

I really hope they start nerfing damage and boons to normal standards, and specially removing all broken mechanics and builds from game or nerfing them to have counters. Boons beast, forever dodging thief WHILE dealling damage, stealth and one shots from stealth, one shots from all classes.

Balance should be from individual up to big groups, makes no difference for the big numbers but much more balance on lower numbers.

Interesting if this now means a full split of skill balance between PvE, WvW and sPvP. They are also suggesting that those doing WvW and sPvP balance are people with competitive mindsets, and will only have to consider that mode and not PvE at all, this could actually mean some actual changes to the meta, time will tell, they said they wanted to communicate more as well, we have heard that before however and nothing came of it. However I will give the new guy a chance and see how they do. Communication can start now, however effective balance might take a while with how far down this rabbit hole it has gone, so he might get a good bit of hate for a while as they really do have a mess on their hands.

wow, this is huge. I hope all the op nonsense and up stuff gets fixed.

this is also important:Balance changes for the different game modes are a type of content we feel comfortable discussing with the community before release. As a team, we want to increase our presence on the forums and be more open about upcoming changes to get feedback early. In the future, we’ll also begin calling out specific times when some of us will be present on the forums to collect feedback through targeted threads.

more communication is good I guess. I hope they actually listen to the community in those threads regarding horrible changes. hopefully that's not going to be necessary tho.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:Interesting if this now means a full split of skill balance between PvE, WvW and sPvP. They are also suggesting that those doing WvW and sPvP balance are people with competitive mindsets, and will only have to consider that mode and not PvE at all, this could actually mean some actual changes to the meta, time will tell, they said they wanted to communicate more as well, we have heard that before however and nothing came of it. However I will give the new guy a chance and see how they do. Communication can start now, however effective balance might take a while with how far down this rabbit hole it has gone, so he might get a good bit of hate for a while as they really do have a mess on their hands.

Yeah. I would expect just short of a cluster at first (and be pleasantly surprised if not) with a gradual progression towards significant improvement.

As I said in my (now removed) thread, I hope they will play it more and listen to people in game.

The forums are..... a cluster.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:Interesting if this now means a full split of skill balance between PvE, WvW and sPvP. They are also suggesting that those doing WvW and sPvP balance are people with competitive mindsets, and will only have to consider that mode and not PvE at all, this could actually mean some actual changes to the meta, time will tell, they said they wanted to communicate more as well, we have heard that before however and nothing came of it. However I will give the new guy a chance and see how they do. Communication can start now, however effective balance might take a while with how far down this rabbit hole it has gone, so he might get a good bit of hate for a while as they really do have a mess on their hands.

Yeah. I would expect just short of a cluster at first (and be pleasantly surprised if not) with a gradual progression towards significant improvement.

As I said in my (now removed) thread, I hope they will play it more and listen to people in game.

The forums are..... a cluster.

I see lots of people getting mad about changes (even if necessary) for a while, unless they don't plan on making any changes for a while and try to do everything at once, but that could take months with the current situation. So I see it the same way, maybe some glaring changes in the short term and slower moving as it gets closer to the goal long term.

The forums are a cluster because (if they actually do what they are stating) we have not had real balance or communication in years. I see lots of salt incoming if they really are serious about changes and balance, however worth it if moving in the right direction.

I would like to see a post from them with a general idea of where they want the competitive game modes to go in vs where they are now. More or less, what do THEY see as the issues currently as the modes stand now. That should give us a good idea what mindset they really are in, and that doesn't require them to spell out specific skills or changes they are planning as I am sure that's an on going testing/adjustments stage.

@miguelsil.6324 said:I really hope they start nerfing damage and boons to normal standards, and specially removing all broken mechanics and builds from game or nerfing them to have counters. Boons beast, forever dodging thief WHILE dealling damage, stealth and one shots from stealth, one shots from all classes.

Balance should be from individual up to big groups, makes no difference for the big numbers but much more balance on lower numbers.You know what would happen right?

Anet starts playing stealth thiefAnet sucks at it

Improvements

• All stealth durations increased by 100% except the sneak gyro which now has 240s cd due to purity of purpose.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"miguelsil.6324" said:I really hope they start nerfing damage and boons to normal standards, and specially removing all broken mechanics and builds from game or nerfing them to have counters. Boons beast, forever dodging thief WHILE dealling damage, stealth and one shots from stealth, one shots from all classes.

Balance should be from individual up to big groups, makes no difference for the big numbers but much more balance on lower numbers.You know what would happen right?

Anet starts playing stealth thief
Anet sucks at it

Improvements
  • All stealth durations increased by 100% except the sneak gyro which now has 240s cd due to purity of purpose.

Well, since most Stealth durations (for a Thief) are around 4 seconds, a "100%" increase would mean they would go up to 8 seconds.

@misterman.1530 said:

@"miguelsil.6324" said:I really hope they start nerfing damage and boons to normal standards, and specially removing all broken mechanics and builds from game or nerfing them to have counters. Boons beast, forever dodging thief WHILE dealling damage, stealth and one shots from stealth, one shots from all classes.

Anet sucks at it

Improvements

Well, since most Stealth durations (for a Thief) are around 4 seconds, a "100%" increase would mean they would go up to 8 seconds.

Thiefs can already have perma stealth, and sharing stealth with other thiefs as you see guilds doing it like between 2 and 8 players thieves at same time is just stupid. stealth should not allow damage from stealth or should be accessible during a fight to keep on fighting in and out.

Its perfectly possible for thieves who have all the tools they need not to have stealth aswell and be on pair with all other classes on fights, they have more mobility, more evades and dodges than anyone why should they have also perma stealth or so much access to stealth.

@misterman.1530 said:

Anet sucks at it

Improvements

Great math!

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

I would like to see a post from them with a general idea of where they want the competitive game modes to go in vs where they are now. More or less, what do THEY see as the issues currently as the modes stand now. That should give us a good idea what mindset they really are in, and that doesn't require them to spell out specific skills or changes they are planning as I am sure that's an on going testing/adjustments stage.

This is a good idea. Have them post, here are the things that seem to be off. We also have to remember balance at solo, havoc, zerg levels are not the same thing. What are they balancing it to? If they come from a sPvP experience is it around a group of 4?

@miguelsil.6324 said:

@miguelsil.6324 said:I really hope they start nerfing damage and boons to normal standards, and specially removing all broken mechanics and builds from game or nerfing them to have counters. Boons beast, forever dodging thief WHILE dealling damage, stealth and one shots from stealth, one shots from all classes.

Anet sucks at it

Improvements

Thiefs can already have perma stealth, and sharing stealth with other thiefs as you see guilds doing it like between 2 and 8 players thieves at same time is just stupid. stealth should not allow damage from stealth or should be accessible during a fight to keep on fighting in and out.

Its perfectly possible for thieves who have all the tools they need not to have stealth aswell and be on pair with all other classes on fights, they have more mobility, more evades and dodges than anyone why should they have also perma stealth or so much access to stealth.

+1

It never ends