The "No pain, no gain" instability.

Rubby.1694

@"Rubby.1694" said:a) Replace the protection in the list of boons with another like Quickness or Resistanceb) Make the instability true to it's name and add a real "gain" after the pain such as "you deal 5% more damage against boonless foes"c) Remove it.

That's not 3 choices, that's 2. You know that protection is the only boon responsible for the boon remove requirement in high performance groups. Remove it and you might as well remove the instability.

Option B does not change any of the gameplay, since the boons still need to get removed, simply the clear speed. So not sure how this would affect your feel about the class. It just asking for faster loot.

If you dislike dealing with NPNG as renegade, then don't. Have someone else do it. If this is about clear speeds, yeah some instabilities will reduce clear speed. Which is still of no consequence when 99+100CM together take around 20-25 minutes for good groups.

@Rubby.1694 said:

Option B does not change any of the gameplay, since the boons still need to get removed, simply the clear speed. So not sure how this would affect your feel about the class. It just asking for faster loot.

If you dislike dealing with NPNG as renegade, then don't. Have someone else do it. If this is about clear speeds, yeah some instabilities will reduce clear speed. Which is still of no consequence when 99+100CM together take around 20-25 minutes for good groups.

Option B is about making the name make sense and seeing NPNG be less disappointingHaving somebody else deal with it is being selfish and trolling your group.

Yet your complaint is about you disliking how your class plays, was it not?

I would hope that in a guild like discretize there is enough people who would be willing to take over if someone is unhappy with his classes responsibilities.

NPNG is a perfectly fine instability. It:

• does not make or break a fractal by being present and not countered
  • penalizes players for not dealing with it
  • rewards players for dealing with it by not having a different instability present, which is obviously of less concern at the top end where players phase bosses within seconds

Again, if this is about clear times and loot, I couldn't care less. If this is about you enjoying your class, have someone else deal with the mechanic.

Remove protection and add retalion. Deliver the final blow to those "elitist" players.If you dont like mallyx don't play it. Make your warrior play spellbreaker or god forbid take a chrono instead of a firebrand.Just because something ruins your ideal version of playing the game it doesn't mean the game should adjust to your preferences.Worst case don't play if there is no pain no gain.

@"Rubby.1694" said:Hi, i am a renegade main from the EU high-end fractal guild "Discretize"I lose any desire to do a fractal run if i see either of the Challenge mode fractals (Nightmare 99 and Shattered observatory 100) with No pain no gain because having to play Mallyx to strip the boons (which is the optimal way to do it if you still want to have good individual boss and fractal clear times) denies you from playing the build to it's full potential and locks you into being just an alacrity and soulcleave bot which is soul-crushing for anyone that loves the build.

You are supposed to be a support class anyway, why do you care about doing damage?