Salvaging unid'ed Greens and ectos

So when you identify a piece of gear there's a low chance it will roll to the higher tier. I just noticed the other day that i never get ectos from salvaging unidentified green gear and that doesn't make sense. I generally get one ecto per yellow on average. And i usually do a stack of 250 greens at once when i do, so i should normally be seeing at least a few if those greens roll yellows.

Also come to think of it i've never got a glob of dark matter from salvaging an unidentified yellow either.

How does salvaging work in the presence of the ability for a piece of gear to roll a higher tier?

I'm assuming you don't identify the gear before salvaging? If that is the case, then the gear is treated as strictly "green" or "yellow", thus at no point do you "roll" for a higher tier.

Green -> no EctoYellow -> no dark matter.

You have to identify the gear beforehand if you want the chance at better mats.

@"Memoranda.9386" said:I'm assuming you don't identify the gear before salvaging? If that is the case, then the gear is treated as strictly "green" or "yellow", thus at no point do you "roll" for a higher tier.

Okay. That's disgustingly tedious, if true.

• Sad 1

@Trise.2865 said:Ectoplasm only drops from Rare items or better. Globs of Dark Matter only drop from Exotic or better.

When you Salvage All greens and blues, if you would get a Rare or better item, it is placed in your inventory and not salvaged.

I've never noticed this. Is this with the salvage all option when you right click a salvage tool? I don't usually use that option but didn't notice this in that case either.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

@"Memoranda.9386" said:I'm assuming you don't identify the gear before salvaging? If that is the case, then the gear is treated as strictly "green" or "yellow", thus at no point do you "roll" for a higher tier.

yup, lol.Gotta go through both steps :)or you don't 'have' to but yeah, it won't tier up

@Firebeard.1746 said:

The system before simply gave you the item on drop. People complained about it being tedious that they ran out of bag space and had to spend all of 60 seconds going to the nearest merchant to sell them off, or carry multiple salvage kits to do it in the field. OMG that was so tedious and terrible and bad design and inconvenience and forced me to think ahead..... it was impossible getting anything done. /sarcasm

UID added a step to that process, and is now more tedious because I have to process everything all at once rather then in small chunks like before. And the Use All button makes it worse, since it fills up the bag too fast, and I we're limited on bag space because its expensive and bad design!!

I think we've officially hit the point where we just need to go "f*** it", remove the drop system entirely, and automatically convert all mats and gold into "Gear experience points" that we spend to upgrade all our gear from white to legendary.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

The system before simply gave you the item on drop. People complained about it being tedious that they ran out of bag space and had to spend all of 60 seconds going to the nearest merchant to sell them off, or carry multiple salvage kits to do it in the field. OMG that was so tedious and terrible and bad design and inconvenience and forced me to think ahead..... it was impossible getting anything done. /sarcasm

UID added a step to that process, and is now more tedious because I have to process everything all at once rather then in small chunks like before. And the Use All button makes it worse, since it fills up the bag too fast, and I we're limited on bag space because its expensive and bad design!!

I think we've officially hit the point where we just need to go "f*** it", remove the drop system entirely, and automatically convert all mats and gold into "Gear experience points" that we spend to upgrade all our gear from white to legendary.

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from sorting out your inventory a bit at a time like you used to, the only difference is it's up to you when you do that instead of having to stop when your inventory is full, even if you're in the middle of something.

And if you want to only open part of a stack you can hold down alt and click and drag it to an empty inventory slot to split the stack, then just open one of them.

@Danikat.8537 said:

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from sorting out your inventory a bit at a time like you used to, the only difference is it's up to you when you do that instead of having to stop when your inventory is full, even if you're in the middle of something.

And if you want to only open part of a stack you can hold down alt and click and drag it to an empty inventory slot to split the stack, then just open one of them.

Thats the joke.........