Is Taimi trying to uncover the name of Deep Sea Dragon?

Michram.6853

The Priory tries to find out what the rest of the Scroll of the Five True Gods can reveal, but maybe Taimi also does, most likely... no - certainly wants to find out as well.

Taimi: Nothing on Kralkatorrik, and ditto for... Oh, what's its name? Brain malfunction. Starts with an s...?

I feel like she confirmed that she wants to know this Dragon's full name with this ^

And she still isn't sure what're other letters in DSD's name. Either Aurene will put an end to this mystery, or we will get to see the undamaged Scroll by ourselves in some sort of time anomaly. Alas we got a poem that Trahearne liked, instead of the Scroll in one of Jahai's anomaly. But I guess it wasn't the time to reveal that just yet.

My greatest hope for Season 5 is to finally get in touch with the Water Dragon. That would be awesome.

@"Arden.7480" said:The Priory tries to find out what the rest of the Scroll of the Five True Gods can reveal, but maybe Taimi also does, most likely... no - certainly wants to find out as well.

Taimi: Nothing on Kralkatorrik, and ditto for... Oh, what's its name? Brain malfunction. Starts with an s...?

I feel like she confirmed that she wants to know this Dragon's full name with this ^

And she still isn't sure what're other letters in DSD's name. Either Aurene will put an end to this mystery, or we will get to see the undamaged Scroll by ourselves in some sort of time anomaly. Alas we got a poem that Trahearne liked, instead of the Scroll in one of Jahai's anomaly. But I guess it wasn't the time to reveal that just yet.

My greatest hope for Season 5 is to finally get in touch with the Water Dragon. That would be awesome.

Well, my two cents are that the Elder Dragon of Water's name doesn't start with s. I think that the long-standing player speculation is correct: the DSD's name is Margon.

No, that doesn't mean that I think Abaddon become corrupted by the DSD and no, that doesn't mean that the Margonites were corrupted either.

There is something hindering the ability of terrestrial magicians to penetrate the mysteries of the deep (in my opinion that "something" is the fabric of reality). (The fabric manifests in many ways. In the brain of terrestrials like Taimi it is known as the corpus callosum, hence when Taimi tries to remember the dragon's name she exclaims, "Brain malfunction!".) But humans are one terrestrial race that once had full awareness of these mysteries. I believe that the knowledge of the deep was bound to the blood of the Margonites and that with their effective extinction the gene conferring the ability to penetrate the fabric was either forced into dormancy or disappeared from humanity's gene pool, for reasons...

When the gene was present the humans that plied the Unending Ocean identified the most powerful being within it as Margon.

Anyhow, that about sums up my position on Bubbles, Steve or Selbub.

Technically, that line tells us that she already knows the name, but couldn't remember at that specific moment. This is a very clear (to me) attempt on the writers' part to tell us "yeah, people of Tyria know the name now, but we're not revealing it to you players just yet."

Likely an attempt to prevent another "Mordremoth reveal" that we had in Season 2, where the name gets dropped all of a sudden in front of players without any reasonable reason presented to why the people knew the name despite it just waking up. This, as well as the Pact soldier during The Crystal Dragon we hype up ("Yeah! This is it! Today, Kralkatorrik—tomorrow Jormag, Primordus, and...and...whatever's under the sea! We're gonna do this! We're gonna save the world!") helps establish a foundation of "see, people in Tyria knew about the name already" whereas at that time, it was much more hidden and ultimately, merely implied.

They're slowly and repeatedly showing us "Tyrians know this, players do not" so that when the reveal comes, they don't have to worry about "the Commander finally discovers the name" and can just drop the name.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Technically, that line tells us that she already knows the name, but couldn't remember at that specific moment. This is a very clear (to me) attempt on the writers' part to tell us "yeah, people of Tyria know the name now, but we're not revealing it to you players just yet."

Likely an attempt to prevent another "Mordremoth reveal" that we had in Season 2, where the name gets dropped all of a sudden in front of players without any reasonable reason presented to why the people knew the name despite it just waking up. This, as well as the Pact soldier during The Crystal Dragon we hype up ("Yeah! This is it! Today, Kralkatorrik—tomorrow Jormag, Primordus, and...and...whatever's under the sea! We're gonna do this! We're gonna save the world!") helps establish a foundation of "see, people in Tyria knew about the name already" whereas at that time, it was much more hidden and ultimately, merely implied.

They're slowly and repeatedly showing us "Tyrians know this, players do not" so that when the reveal comes, they don't have to worry about "the Commander finally discovers the name" and can just drop the name.

I think that you're missing the point Konig. This issue isn't whether Tyrians "know" his name, but how they know it. Taimi tries to remmber his name using her brain. In other words, organic memory has trouble. The name of the DSD is probably written somewhere, so as to circumvent the failings in organic memory.

Once again I am reminded that this is an exercise in futility. I'll take my opinions and piss off because it's a waste of time sharing them.

@"Stephen.6312" said:I think that you're missing the point Konig. This issue isn't whether Tyrians "know" his name, but how they know it.

With Mordremoth, the issue was how it was presented that Tyrians know Mordremoth's name. Throughout the core game, all lore was about the four named Elder Dragons and an unnamed one in the ocean depths, except for two or three obscure references to six Elder Dragons and the one skill name by Subject Alpha giving the name Mordremoth.

It wasn't that Tyrians know the name, indeed. It was that "suddenly, Tyrians know the name!" when all presentation before was "this is a super obscure dragon that 98% of people don't know about".

Once again I am reminded that this is an exercise in futility. I'll take my opinions and piss off because it's a waste of time sharing them.Where the everliving frick did this come from. Nothing in my post was even in relation to yours, but the OP/topic in general.

I am hoping that the difficulty in recalling the name of the DSD is a character trait of the dragon itself. Remember that we have not been given the DSD's domain of influence yet. Presumably water, but water and what? The difficulty of memory, both of organic recall and physical records, could be in itself a description of a surreptitious serpent of shadows and secrets. Quite possibly an entity of mystery and knowledge, a reconceptualization of the Abaddon character itself.

I would be disappointed if the DSD's name just was handed to us. I want to uncover the name, learn it, discover it. I want it to be a part of the game and of the story. Most importantly, I believe ANet has the ability to deliver such an experience to us.

@"Drgnfly.5812" said:I am hoping that the difficulty in recalling the name of the DSD is a character trait of the dragon itself. Remember that we have not been given the DSD's domain of influence yet. Presumably water, but water and what? The difficulty of memory, both of organic recall and physical records, could be in itself a description of a surreptitious serpent of shadows and secrets. Quite possibly an entity of mystery and knowledge, a reconceptualization of the Abaddon character itself.

I would be disappointed if the DSD's name just was handed to us. I want to uncover the name, learn it, discover it. I want it to be a part of the game and of the story. Most importantly, I believe ANet has the ability to deliver such an experience to us.

yeah in myth/methaphysical related stuff the water is related to a "mind confusion", a sort of domain of emotions.