How large is the Pale Tree?

Daniel Handler.4816

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:The Pale Tree is indeed pretty darn large. She had 250 years longer than the other Blighting Trees to grow. However, that said, I'm fairly sure that she's not that much bigger than the Blighting Trees in HoT. Especially the three in Dragon's Stand.

What are you defining as her body? Because the three Blighting Trees you mention are dwarfed by the Grove.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:The Pale Tree is indeed pretty darn large. She had 250 years longer than the other Blighting Trees to grow. However, that said, I'm fairly sure that she's not
that
much bigger than the Blighting Trees in HoT. Especially the three in Dragon's Stand.

What are you defining as her body? Because the three Blighting Trees you mention are dwarfed by the Grove.

The tree, obviously, since that is her body.

If you compare the zone, then yes, they're dwarfed. But if you look at the world map, the tree is the center of the zone, and most of the zone is not the tree. Comparing the space the tree covers, it is roughly the size of those three Blighting Towers in Dragon's Stand.

Look at this map, the Pale Tree is largely that bight green circle in The Grove. Which is roughly the same size as the three Blighting Towers.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:The Pale Tree is indeed pretty darn large. She had 250 years longer than the other Blighting Trees to grow. However, that said, I'm fairly sure that she's not
that
much bigger than the Blighting Trees in HoT. Especially the three in Dragon's Stand.

The tree, obviously, since that is her body.

If you compare the
zone
, then yes, they're dwarfed. But if you look at the world map, the tree is the center of the zone, and most of the zone
is not the tree
. Comparing the space the tree covers, it is roughly the size of those three Blighting Towers in Dragon's Stand.

, the Pale Tree is largely that bight green circle in The Grove. Which is roughly the same size as the three Blighting Towers.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:well, some of her even overlaps into Caledon, so actually, yes, the whole zone is her. Her stem, her roots.

I can go in person to all the blighting towers we can visit. But I was hoping more for a pulled model than using 2d world maps to determine whether she does or does not extend into the zone. Given the Sylvari starting area is Caledon forest and I see massive roots I am leaning towards she does.

edit: She appears smaller than Mordremoth's tree, but much larger than the Blighting Trees. Each of the three in Dragon Stand appear to offer the surface area of just the upper common's + Omphalos and similar height. Her full height is unknown because of petals obscuring vision. But from depths to the visible top of the upper level she is taller. Taking into consideration roots and "the entire jungle" she is vastly dwarfed by Mordremoth, but is also at least twice as large as any other Blighting Tree.https://imgur.com/a/jyn9zXJ

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:I can go in person to all the blighting towers we can visit. But I was hoping more for a pulled model than using 2d world maps to determine whether she does or does not extend into the zone. Given the Sylvari starting area is Caledon forest and I see massive roots I am leaning towards she does.

I do not believe any of the Blighting Trees - or even the Pale Tree - is a singular model to be pulled.

@Brycar.2651 said:I can’t support this with documented lore but I’ve always imagined the tree’s roots and branches reach into the dream.

Well, the Dream isn't a physical place, so that wouldn't entirely be the case, but also could be the case at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...