Engineer Utility Skills ideas — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Engineer Utility Skills ideas

SoulGuardian.6203SoulGuardian.6203 Member ✭✭✭
edited November 1, 2019 in Engineer

I'd like to see some of the least engie used skills into something called Legions.

I would replace the holomode for an energy bar that allow you to summon robot/cyborg legions; or instead replace the alchemy/potions, spec/utilities, accordingly; which is the least to do with engineering, being more of a chemistry scientist thing, with a sort of cyborg ish legions with various functions.
For instance, having in...

US 1 - Summon a winged small robot, that follows you until energy is depleted or until slayed in battle. This robot heals you and nearby allies.

US 2 - Summon 3 floating humanoid cyborgs that would have flaming turbines as feet; with swords. Function to attack at will.

US 3 - Summon 3 Spider Like shaped cyborg/robots with shields, that would shield incoming attacks.

US 4 - Summon Kamikaze roller bettles robots, every few seconds until energy is depleted that target foes and explode on impact.

Elite Skill - Summon a winged Fiend like robot that attacks foes, and uses a powerful multi missile attack that targets all foes in nearby area.

I think spawning robots or cyborgs is more of an engineer thing than alchemy.

Comments

  • @coro.3176 said:

    @SoulGuardian.6203 said:
    I'd like to see some of the least engie used skills into something called Legions.

    A lot of people say the engie is OP with holo spec.
    However, this would be mostly for pve and would be something different.

    I would replace the holomode for an energy bar that allow you to summon robot/cyborg legions or the alchemy/potions, spec/utilities, accordingly; which is the least to do with engineering, being more of a chemistry scientist thing, with a sort of cyborg ish legions with various functions.
    For instance, having in...

    US 1 - Summon a winged fairy like robot called benevolence, that follows you for 5 minutes or until slayed in battle. This robot heals you and nearby allies.

    US 2 - Summon 3 floating humanoid cyborgs that would have flaming turbines as feet; with swords, called malice. Function to attack at will.

    US 3 - Summon 3 Spider Like shaped cyborg/robots with shields, that would shield incoming attacks, called arrogance.

    US 4 - Summon Kamikaze roller bettles robots called blasphemy*, **every few seconds for 5 minutes, that target foes and explode on impact.

    Elite Skill - Summon a winged Fiend like robot that attacks foes, and uses a powerful multi missile attack that targets all foes in nearby area.

    I think this would be so cool, and has more to do with engineers.

    What did I just read?

    I can't tell if this is troll post.

    On the off chance this is serious, I have a few suggestions.

    • Dev time is valuable. It is very costly to develop new skills that require animations, art, balancing, etc. Unless there is a very good reason to do it, they are unlikely to spend that effort making um .. "kamikaze roller bettles called blasphemy".
    • Pick a theme. Do you want robots, cyborgs, fairies, fiends, or what? Also, what is even going on with the names? Blasphemy? Arrogance? Malice?
    • No one likes AI minions. Scrapper proved that much and after much complaining for many years, it was finally removed. More AI would not go over well.

    Why is it that everytime someone posts an idea, there's always some white knight that rolls up in here, being all mighty and righteous; contradicting the op, with obvious statements as if we're stupid or ignorant!?
    Chill out dude.
    This is just a videogame, and we're just here for the entertainment value.
    Don't get so worked up over benign virtual stuff.
    We're not asking you to give up your life.
    Jeez holy mary... I say...
    Have to handle you with kids gloves or something.

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SoulGuardian.6203 said:

    @coro.3176 said:

    @SoulGuardian.6203 said:
    I'd like to see some of the least engie used skills into something called Legions.

    A lot of people say the engie is OP with holo spec.
    However, this would be mostly for pve and would be something different.

    I would replace the holomode for an energy bar that allow you to summon robot/cyborg legions or the alchemy/potions, spec/utilities, accordingly; which is the least to do with engineering, being more of a chemistry scientist thing, with a sort of cyborg ish legions with various functions.
    For instance, having in...

    US 1 - Summon a winged fairy like robot called benevolence, that follows you for 5 minutes or until slayed in battle. This robot heals you and nearby allies.

    US 2 - Summon 3 floating humanoid cyborgs that would have flaming turbines as feet; with swords, called malice. Function to attack at will.

    US 3 - Summon 3 Spider Like shaped cyborg/robots with shields, that would shield incoming attacks, called arrogance.

    US 4 - Summon Kamikaze roller bettles robots called blasphemy*, **every few seconds for 5 minutes, that target foes and explode on impact.

    Elite Skill - Summon a winged Fiend like robot that attacks foes, and uses a powerful multi missile attack that targets all foes in nearby area.

    I think this would be so cool, and has more to do with engineers.

    What did I just read?

    I can't tell if this is troll post.

    On the off chance this is serious, I have a few suggestions.

    • Dev time is valuable. It is very costly to develop new skills that require animations, art, balancing, etc. Unless there is a very good reason to do it, they are unlikely to spend that effort making um .. "kamikaze roller bettles called blasphemy".
    • Pick a theme. Do you want robots, cyborgs, fairies, fiends, or what? Also, what is even going on with the names? Blasphemy? Arrogance? Malice?
    • No one likes AI minions. Scrapper proved that much and after much complaining for many years, it was finally removed. More AI would not go over well.

    Why is it that everytime someone posts an idea, there's always some white knight that rolls up in here, being all mighty and righteous; contradicting the op, with obvious statements as if we're stupid or ignorant!?
    Chill out dude.
    This is just a videogame, and we're just here for the entertainment value.
    Don't get so worked up over benign virtual stuff.
    We're not asking you to give up your life.
    Jeez holy mary... I say...
    Have to handle you with kids gloves or something.

    I'm just going to say it: No more AI. Please.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭

    More faulty AI with weird pathing, randomly changing targets and overall buggy and disliked?

    [NUKE]

  • @SoulGuardian.6203 said:
    I'd like to see some of the least engie used skills into something called Legions.

    A lot of people say the engie is OP with holo spec.
    However, this would be mostly for pve and would be something different.

    I would replace the holomode for an energy bar that allow you to summon robot/cyborg legions; or replace the alchemy/potions, spec/utilities, accordingly; which is the least to do with engineering, being more of a chemistry scientist thing, with a sort of cyborg ish legions with various functions.
    For instance, having in...

    US 1 - Summon a winged small robot called benevolence, that follows you until energy is depleted or until slayed in battle. This robot heals you and nearby allies.

    US 2 - Summon 3 floating humanoid cyborgs that would have flaming turbines as feet; with swords, called malice. Function to attack at will.

    US 3 - Summon 3 Spider Like shaped cyborg/robots with shields, that would shield incoming attacks, called arrogance.

    US 4 - Summon Kamikaze roller bettles robots called blasphemy, every few seconds until energy is depleted that target foes and explode on impact.

    Elite Skill - Summon a winged Fiend like robot that attacks foes, and uses a powerful multi missile attack that targets all foes in nearby area.

    I think this would be so cool, and has more to do with engineers.

    Sounds more like new espec to me.
    Why change something that works fine?

  • MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2019

    I don't know what stuff you're on but I want some of it, OP.

    Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry

  • All I'm saying is that Holosmith has a lot of potential, and I like using the sword, but everything else feels meh.

    I think it could be better used by replacing some of its skills with something that has more to do with an engineer, such as machines, gadgets, and robotic stuff; rather than alchemy and potions.

    Holosmith can be so much more fun.

    The devs sometimes change entire skills sets, such as recently the thief's preparations.
    So, I'm just suggesting some ideas.

  • Chaith.8256Chaith.8256 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SoulGuardian.6203 said:
    All I'm saying is that Holosmith has a lot of potential, and I like using the sword, but everything else feels meh.

    I think it could be better used by replacing some of its skills with something that has more to do with an engineer, such as machines, gadgets, and robotic stuff; rather than alchemy and potions.

    Holosmith can be so much more fun.

    The devs sometimes change entire skills sets, such as recently the thief's preparations.
    So, I'm just suggesting some ideas.

    Photon Wall, Hard Light Arena, Spectrum Shield, Prime Light Beam, I think these utilities are pretty iconic and meaningful constructions of hard light. Can't really knock the Holosmith concept, IMO!

    twitch.tv/chaithh
    Forum Lord Chaith

  • Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭

    I think ANet did a great job coming up with Holosmith to break the fantasy trope of Engineer. GW2 has such a unique lore setting it'd be a shame to see another game with "an alchemist" or "a mechanist".

    [NUKE]

  • @Samug.6512 said:
    I think ANet did a great job coming up with Holosmith to break the fantasy trope of Engineer. GW2 has such a unique lore setting it'd be a shame to see another game with "an alchemist" or "a mechanist".

    Well. I just been playing with my Holosmith today, and I can honestly say that I don't know where do people come up with the concept of "God Mode"
    To me, and comparing to other professions and elite specs, it is so far the worse.

    Loses health too quick, has little to no toughness.
    Hardly does any damage.
    All with max out berserker exotic gear and plenty of power.
    So I don't know what is going on.

    I like using sword, but the only skills that really suit the sword theme, are... well, nothing really.

    Using sword/Pistol at the moment, and I've switched utility skills about ten times today, and can't really get to grips with it.

    Even my "ever so sweet" and innocent firebrand does way more damage and has a lot more toughness than this piece of s***.

    I'm sorry, but I just hate it.
    Been contemplating deleting it, and the only and one reason I wont is the sword.
    I like its moves.

    I'm 50/50 inclined to delete this loser that died even with the Shaman chief.

    When was the last time any of my characters died with shaman chief?
    I think it was... never... actually.

    Hence, in order to avoid deleting anymore of my characters, because honestly I really don't want to go through the process of leveling up another character... as I don't think I have the stomach for it anymore... find it a really tedious process now... therefore, my appeal to try make the devs change a few things.
    Not that I have a chance in hell though... and I know it will provably be inevitable that this character will go to the bin... likely sooner than later.

    Then the dilema again to try find a profession that will suit my cosplay character.

  • It sounds like you just have no idea how to play Holosmith, which is fair since it might not be as intuitive as some other professions. Take a look at metabattle for some ideas, then make something all your own.

  • MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2019

    @SoulGuardian.6203 said:

    @Samug.6512 said:
    I think ANet did a great job coming up with Holosmith to break the fantasy trope of Engineer. GW2 has such a unique lore setting it'd be a shame to see another game with "an alchemist" or "a mechanist".

    Well. I just been playing with my Holosmith today, and I can honestly say that I don't know where do people come up with the concept of "God Mode"
    To me, and comparing to other professions and elite specs, it is so far the worse.

    Loses health too quick, has little to no toughness.
    Hardly does any damage.
    All with max out berserker exotic gear and plenty of power.
    So I don't know what is going on.

    I like using sword, but the only skills that really suit the sword theme, are... well, nothing really.

    Using sword/Pistol at the moment, and I've switched utility skills about ten times today, and can't really get to grips with it.

    Even my "ever so sweet" and innocent firebrand does way more damage and has a lot more toughness than this piece of s***.

    I'm sorry, but I just hate it.
    Been contemplating deleting it, and the only and one reason I wont is the sword.
    I like its moves.

    I'm 50/50 inclined to delete this loser that died even with the Shaman chief.

    When was the last time any of my characters died with shaman chief?
    I think it was... never... actually.

    Hence, in order to avoid deleting anymore of my characters, because honestly I really don't want to go through the process of leveling up another character... as I don't think I have the stomach for it anymore... find it a really tedious process now... therefore, my appeal to try make the devs change a few things.
    Not that I have a chance in hell though... and I know it will provably be inevitable that this character will go to the bin... likely sooner than later.

    Then the dilema again to try find a profession that will suit my cosplay character.

    Blame the PvP nerfs, not the theme. Also, you want to stick with sword, go for Diviners and alchemy traits. Release your inner techno-pirate drunkard.

    Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry