Condition Builds 2.0

Swagger.1459

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@aymnad.9023 said:@"Swagger.1459" That is a cause I can get behind ^^. But condi druid was not the healthiest build we had :tongue: I would love beeing a viable support once more :anguished:

Yup! And we gotta stick together! Through solidarity we can make amazing things happen for Ranger!

I got your back my friend! https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/39412/eye-on-druid-ideas-yay

1. Nope no backstab. That's thief territory and should not get into ranger mechanics
  2. Traps at 600 range would be enough IMO. It's a nice middle ground between no range and full range and it prevents abusing/complaining.
  3. Traps trait should give spike trap on getting disabled. Trap condis/boon should get increased baseline.
  4. Entangle should be the elite trap. Pulsing roots more than once.
  5. Shortbow piercing should be baseline on the auto attack.
  6. Shortbow flanking improves provided by the trait should be put on the weapon without the trait (maybe tuned/adjusted in some way)
  7. Skirmishing in total should be reworked in similar style to renegade traits. So boosting precision, ferocity and condi damage respectively.
  8. Torch and dagger traits should get reworked too.
  9. Dagger and sword trait should be put in the same trait and should focus on getting bonuses on evades
  10. Torch should get bonuses on combofields like increasing field duration when combing in it
  11. Dagger would benefit from a shadowstep on crippling talon and ammo on stalker strike
  12. Torch could need ammo and cleave on throw torch and ground target range 900 on bonfire
  13. Add a trait that adds a small cleave AoE on projectile finishers. Maybe slab that on the LoyF trait.
  14. Increased ranged on shortbow is fine IMO
  15. Better weaponswaps traits in skirmishing like triggering smaller sharpening stone on weaponswaps etc.

Thats all I would add for condi.Druid is a whole other story and needs mechanical changes first before the traits or the weapons gets touched.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

1. Nope no backstab. That's thief territory and should not get into ranger mechanics
  2. Traps at 600 range would be enough IMO. It's a nice middle ground between no range and full range and it prevents abusing/complaining.
  3. Traps trait should give spike trap on getting disabled. Trap condis/boon should get increased baseline.
  4. Entangle should be the elite trap. Pulsing roots more than once.
  5. Shortbow piercing should be baseline on the auto attack.
  6. Shortbow flanking improves provided by the trait should be put on the weapon without the trait (maybe tuned/adjusted in some way)
  7. Skirmishing in total should be reworked in similar style to renegade traits. So boosting precision, ferocity and condi damage respectively.
  8. Torch and dagger traits should get reworked too.
  9. Dagger and sword trait should be put in the same trait and should focus on getting bonuses on evades
  10. Torch should get bonuses on combofields like increasing field duration when combing in it
  11. Dagger would benefit from a shadowstep on crippling talon and ammo on stalker strike
  12. Torch could need ammo and cleave on throw torch and ground target range 900 on bonfire
  13. Add a trait that adds a small cleave AoE on projectile finishers. Maybe slab that on the LoyF trait.
  14. Increased ranged on shortbow is fine IMO
  15. Better weaponswaps traits in skirmishing like triggering smaller sharpening stone on weaponswaps etc.

Thats all I would add for condi.Druid is a whole other story and needs mechanical changes first before the traits or the weapons gets touched.

About the condi ranger i dont think wee need that much rework, just small changes.

• all ranger projectiles by baseline has 100% to trigger combo porjectile.
  • shortbow range 1200
  • Shortbow remove the flanking thing, it applies the actual flanking effect to target.
  • Shortbow projectiles splinter on impact hiting another 2 targets in 300 radius applying the actual no-flanking effects.
  • Shortbow GM increase the splinter effect to 450 radius + 2 aditional targets, plus condition damage when welding the weapon.
  • Skirimish sharpened edges to be a minor.
  • new trait garantes 100% chance on crit for shapened edges .

There are more details about the rework in thread in my signature, like the vines traps or the smocke trap.

I like the idea of ranged AoE for spirits, i preffer traps to behave now, it's more consistent.The difference is you can use the any projectile to trigger combo fields, which traps should be ale to provide.

I think that design is more engaging without giving to much ranged AoE.

The bunny trumpet could be the next spec to bring necro alike ranged AoEs.

@Jarl.8607 said:

@guest.9472 said:condi ranger is op currently. not sure what this thread is for lol

In what way is it OP? Share more info please.

It punishes everything your opponent does and fails to do. High pressure high sustain. Not sharing build either ive shown enough people. It beats condi theif just slower, less cover condis. Its amazing that people dont experiment with pets or weapons on the mpst versatile class.

Then post your mighty 1v4 condi Ranger build and show us your vids.

I have 7 rangers by the way, all with multiple gear sets for different builds, and 1 with full legendary gears to test every build. I’m fully aware of the difference in performance levels inside wvw for different Ranger set-ups. This year was the first time I ever ran a zerker type build, just so you’re aware of how much I have avoided meta builds over 7 years.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@guest.9472 said:condi ranger is op currently. not sure what this thread is for lol

Take your condi Ranger in wvw sometime, then let us know how it goes and how “op” it is. Better yet, record your wvw experience and post unedited videos of it.

I did and it performs much better in wvw. Good smallscale aoe damage multiple 1v4s. Again as I said its op. But the way this community works is it follows what the popular kids are doing and "nothing else is possible." Such a joke

Then post your mighty 1v4 condi Ranger build and show us your vids.

I posted one showing that even condi druid, which is far less effective, performs well without the highest stat item. The sarcasm is funny too given the fact that the entire pvp discord thinks Im a hacker after experiencing the build. Nearly infinite evasion, high pressure and sustain.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Take your condi Ranger in wvw sometime, then let me know how to play it since i rely on website builds

I did and it performs much better in wvw. Good smallscale aoe damage multiple 1v4s on the soulbeast version. Again as I said its op. But the way this community works is it follows what the popular kids are doing and "nothing else is possible." Such a joke. I did a 1v3 without wearing an armor piece, condi druid. What youll say about that? Good luck too? When will people realize that adherence to meta is a choice not a requirement. And have w/e salty reply u got ready as is the norm for rangers when they first discover the crutch AA exploits and gimmicks they rely on.

Sorry pal, this post is about shortbow, traps, both daggers and adding in condi to staff. You were not using those weapons or slot skills at all in that video, besides the off hand dagger.

The post is about the assertion that condi ranger under performs. What i showed was a condi ranger that over performed. The current soulbeast build i use is short bow sword dagger. The ranger community is so linear that as soon as condi is mentioned, they rely on traps. With soulbeast, you dont need a single trap. The thread is titled condition builds 2.0. I am simply offering the perspective that an improvement isnt needed, atleast not outside of one's capability

Posting builds that are more power based isn’t helping your argument. You swoop in the thread claiming “op” then post vids of power based builds...

I have just about every build Ranger can have, and there is a difference between power based builds and true condi based builds. You’re not fooling anyone here by claiming Ranger condi builds are “op” or even on par with power build performance.

I’m not here to talk about power builds with you. This thread is about specific underperforming condi weapons and skills.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Take your condi Ranger in wvw sometime, then let me know how to play it since i rely on website builds

I did and it performs much better in wvw. Good smallscale aoe damage multiple 1v4s on the soulbeast version. Again as I said its op. But the way this community works is it follows what the popular kids are doing and "nothing else is possible." Such a joke. I did a 1v3 without wearing an armor piece, condi druid. What youll say about that? Good luck too? When will people realize that adherence to meta is a choice not a requirement. And have w/e salty reply u got ready as is the norm for rangers when they first discover the crutch AA exploits and gimmicks they rely on.

Sorry pal, this post is about shortbow, traps, both daggers and adding in condi to staff. You were not using those weapons or slot skills at all in that video, besides the off hand dagger.

The post is about the assertion that condi ranger under performs. What i showed was a condi ranger that over performed. The current soulbeast build i use is short bow sword dagger. The ranger community is so linear that as soon as condi is mentioned, they rely on traps. With soulbeast, you dont need a single trap. The thread is titled condition builds 2.0. I am simply offering the perspective that an improvement isnt needed, atleast not outside of one's capability

Posting builds that are more power based isn’t helping your argument. You swoop in the thread claiming “op” then post vids of power based builds...

I have just about every build Ranger can have, and there is a difference between power based builds and true condi based builds. You’re not fooling anyone here by claiming Ranger condi builds are “op” or even on par with power build performance.

I’m not here to talk about power builds with you. This thread is about specific underperforming condi weapons and skills.

Nothing i posted was power based. The very first combat clip is the condi shirtless druid i was talking about. Nothing else in that vid is mentioned yet im sure you kept watching. Try again "pal." You keep talking about how much you know, but you dont really know condi ranger. Its currently op. Shortbow is fine sword dagger off hand is fine. And i never said this build is on par with power builds, because it beats them.

"I know this" and "I know that" lol Ive played eu and na beat top 10s regularly with it. In wvw it only becomes even better. Whatever point youre trying to make doesnt matter. Youre wrong, condi ranger isnt underperforming at all. Read tool tips and stop using the same 3 pets for 6+ years and maybe for once youll see something you havent before lol

@guest.9472 said:

It punishes everything your opponent does and fails to do. High pressure high sustain. Not sharing build either ive shown enough people. It beats condi theif just slower, less cover condis. Its amazing that people dont experiment with pets or weapons on the mpst versatile class.

Thanks for the vid. Sometimes seeing game play helps those who just started the class.

@Jarl.8607 said:

Thanks for the vid. Sometimes seeing game play helps those who just started the class.

Im putting all of my tech into a guide video this week afters tons of requests.

@guest.9472 said:

Nothing i posted was power based. The very first combat clip is the condi shirtless druid i was talking about. Nothing else in that vid is mentioned yet im sure you kept watching. Try again "pal." You keep talking about how much you know, but you dont really know condi ranger. Its currently op. Shortbow is fine sword dagger off hand is fine. And i never said this build is on par with power builds, because it beats them.

"I know this" and "I know that" lol Ive played eu and na beat top 10s regularly with it. In wvw it only becomes even better. Whatever point youre trying to make doesnt matter. Youre wrong, condi ranger isnt underperforming at all. Read tool tips and stop using the same 3 pets for 6+ years and maybe for once youll see something you havent before lol

You can say whatever you want, but in WvW, a condition ranger with short bow can't beat a power ranger with Lb/Gs. This is not happening in PvP either. Only if you are a really, really, really good player, and your opponent is a medium player, then yes you can beat with condition build a power build. Condition build is a close / medium range, that's why couldn't performe the same way as a power Lb/Gs build in WvW, where it is an open space for fights. Yes a condi trapper build it is annoying and he can make a lots of trouble to any other class, even against a ranger, but if the opponent is on the same calibre regarding fighting skills, I really doubt that in WvW the condi can beat power. And it is not about the pets, but about the condi weapon ranger have and about all the coef.

After I posted the comment above, the guy @guest.9472 sent me 2 emails where he swears me and writes all kinds of stuff.

https://ibb.co/pxmDj7Nhttps://ibb.co/hBNxxNj

I am sure that both accounts @guest.9472 and the one from email are f2p. But I hope that a GM could find him somehow and give him a warning.

Anyway, now we know what kind of player he is.

@guest.9472 said:

You are saying your first fight was a condi druid build, still your build was Beastmaster/Survival/Druid. Beastmaster definitely it is a condi trait line :D. The only condi thing you used from the traits line is Ambidexterity. So you mixed power with condi ... but still, you call yourself a condi Ranger. You make me laugh.For the rest of the fights, as @Swagger.1459 already said, your builds are power-based, weapons, traits, utilities all are power things and not condi (well almost of them at least). Even on your printscreen from sPVP, you use many times LB, another "condi" based weapon.In conclusion, you are a joke who doesn't know anything but swears when you were caught.

PS: I saw you are using Owl as a pet too, another "condi" based pet ... same for Rock Gazelle ...

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

You are saying your first fight was a condi druid build, still your build was Beastmaster/Survival/Druid. Beastmaster definitely it is a condi trait line :D. The only condi thing you used from the traits line is Ambidexterity. So you mixed power with condi ... but still, you call yourself a condi Ranger. You make me laugh.For the rest of the fights, as @Swagger.1459 already said, your builds are power-based, weapons, traits, utilities all are power things and not condi (well almost of them at least). Even on your printscreen from sPVP, you use many times LB, another "condi" based weapon.In conclusion, you are a joke who doesn't know anything but swears when you were caught.

PS: I saw you are using Owl as a pet too, another "condi" based pet ... same for Rock Gazelle ...

Shots Fired

Wish my old condi ranger builds (druid and core) were still as strong today as they were back then. Mained it for quite a while in PvP (my first class title was achieved on it)