Official Feedback Thread about Build and Equipment Templates

On the Guild Chat, one of the last questions was about whether changing skills on the bar affect the template. The content designer showed that changing skills on the active bar did change the active template. I wanted to note that this is not desirable. I have some set builds that I use in raids, but certain encounters require me to change one or two skills. Sometimes the party composition includes more than one ranger or warrior, meaning spirits or banners can be split between them. These are exceptions and I would rather they not be saved to the "normal" build stored in the template. I would much prefer if template changes only get saved if you change the actual template, not the skill bar.

My 2 cents.Thanks,Lillis

• Like 1

@"Lillis.9473" said:On the Guild Chat, one of the last questions was about whether changing skills on the bar affect the template. The content designer showed that changing skills on the active bar did change the active template. I wanted to note that this is not desirable. I have some set builds that I use in raids, but certain encounters require me to change one or two skills. Sometimes the party composition includes more than one ranger or warrior, meaning spirits or banners can be split between them. These are exceptions and I would rather they not be saved to the "normal" build stored in the template. I would much prefer if template changes only get saved if you change the actual template, not the skill bar.

My 2 cents.Thanks,Lillis

The equipment and build templates aren't actually "templates", they're just quick-swappable setups. The actual "templates" are the account build storage. They use the word "template" to refer to things that aren't, and don't use that word to describe things that are, and then wonder why people are confused.

• Like 1

@"perilisk.1874" said:The equipment and build templates aren't actually "templates", they're just quick-swappable setups. The actual "templates" are the account build storage. They use the word "template" to refer to things that aren't, and don't use that word to describe things that are, and then wonder why people are confused.In that case the amount of available template slots is definitely not even close to being enough, and the situation is even worse than i initially thought.

• 4 weeks later...
  • ArenaNet Staff

Hi everyone,

Now that Build and Equipment Templates are live in the game, we’d like to open this thread to gather your feedback after you’ve had time to play with this feature. Let us know what you think.

Reminder that we welcome all forms of feedback, both positive and negative, as long as it is respectful and constructive. You can check this post about providing good feedback: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/317/how-to-give-good-feedback

The Good:Love how fast and fluid the switching feels. It's got a level of polish to it, and is near instant no matter where you are (as long as you're out of combat). Covers Rev legends and Ranger pets too.Love how you can share build configurations with others, and pull them in from other sources. Great for inspecting what other people are playing and helping them out.

The OK:I have legendary armour, so saving inventory slots really isn't all that useful for me, as I wasn't using that many to begin with.

The Bad:The pricing feels high, especially considering a character slot is cheaper than buying two equipment slots.The limit of 6 is very restricting for players who have a variety of builds for a specific character.Legendary equipment feels devalued with this change, as the primary benefit (All stats, one piece of equipment) gets lost when you save inventory slots.

The Suggestions:Increase the limit from 6 to some higher number. Some people had a large number of builds, and not every build needs to be key-bindable.Add a "legendary template" system. Similar to build templates and equipment templates, let me save and load specific configurations of legendary stats. For instance, say I have a loadout with full legendary armour, but I want to save a configuration with slightly higher toughness. Right now, that takes up a full equipment template slot, even if no equipment is changing, just the legendary stats on the equipment. If, instead, I could "save" a configuration of legendary stats, then I could apply that saved configuration on a single build template. That way, for players (I'm thinking specifically of tanks here in PvE content) who have multiple minor changes to their legendary equipment to reach specific levels of Toughness, they can still have the convenience of having those configurations pre-saved, while not having to "waste" an equipment template slot that wasn't storing any equipment.

I believe that the system is clunky, not only it does not actually speeds up anything, i can't save a full build, i can save different equip and different skills, but i still need to activa each seperatly.

Also, i keep getting crashed everytime i try to right click for option in any storage build.

Other than that, i'm ok with prices, though i find it weid that we have 3 storage, 3 build and only 2 equipment instead of 3. Kinda weird if you would ask me.

The templates should be more intuitive, and storage build should be the "right way" to use the templates, with a single click change all gear and skills.

First - i really was looking forward to build templates including Eqiupment Templates.Second - i was afraid that this bug will happen.

For a long time i've been using two pieces of gear for my Thief: Assassin's Coat, Magitech Jerkin.With Eqiupment i've decided not to use full gear transfer, but to use easy switch between Rifle and Dual Pistols.But because of that, when it comes to switch between Assassin's Coat and Magitech Jerkin, gear just goes into Eqiupment Storage wtih no replacement. Before Equipment Storage, when i wished to use Magitech Jerkin, i simply used equip of that gear piece and Assassin's Coat appeared in inventory, and vice-versa.

But now, not a single gear piece goes back into inventory. It stays in storage. And thats very uncomfortable.The very sipmle solution for that will be - Skin templates.Or please, consider to add better script that will help with multiple skins. Like for example, if i have one gear piece used in two Eqiupment Templates, any of gear i equip from inventory will replace respective slots with that gear in both Eqiupment storages. And previosly equiped gear will go back to inventory as it used too. It still works like that if you equip gear in storage without re-used gear.

Also allow us to have same hotkey for Equipement Template and Build Template. So it will be easier to fast switch between gear and traits.

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:Hi everyone,

Now that Build and Equipment Templates are live in the game, we’d like to open this thread to gather your feedback after you’ve had time to play with this feature. Let us know what you think.

Reminder that we welcome all forms of feedback, both positive and negative, as long as it is respectful and constructive. You can check this post about providing good feedback: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/317/how-to-give-good-feedback

Build templates are awesome! TY!!!

Just a matter of consistency, you should give us 3 build and 3 equipment templates. More than often a player needs an entire new equipment set for a new build, so it does not makes sense giving more builds than equipments.The prices are fine and the build template chat link is cool, i would like to have a way to link equipment templates too.

Not even an Equip Template per gamemode.Price too high.No account unlocks.Clunky implementation ( you can't link a command to a certain equip/build combo ).Overall it's not only greedy implementation, but in certain parts it's even worse than what we had before.My feedback: thumbs down.