Official Feedback Thread about Build and Equipment Templates

• ArenaNet Staff

@Excursion.9752 said:

• For more information about Build Templates, please read through our helpful guide and watch the related tutorial videos.A link to where those are would be very helpful. I did not see it in either the news or update posts.

Good catch, we're not releasing it until later so I'll update the notes accordingly!

I suggest you to look at the feedback the community gave you after the annoucement of the templates.I believe that there is a lot that have been said which correspond to what you want to have.In other games i see surveys, user testings, working with the community to fit the closest to what the community need. Which make it easier to receive. And i think this could improve this.I believe that live templates, the changes applies immediately to the current template, is complexity that doesn't solve an actual problem.I like that you worked on templates.

The top tier of gear is account bound, templates should have been account bound. So long as they are character bound, templates remove more convenience from the build and storage system than they add.

I'll probably use the free ones on the 2-3 characters I have which have builds that share no gear with anyone. But I'll never have any reason to buy one, (especially for that heartless, greedy, gouged price point) because it will never be worth the inconvenience or cost of crafting ascended gear for every build on all nine of my characters.

One of the worst update ever. So bad that i'll quit playing.

As for the why (because apparently telling them that it's so bad that players are leaving is not useful enough, even though they don't listen to user's feedback beforehand) : among all my toons, mesmer, guardian, thief, necro and war all need more than those 2 equipment slots (the other might need more thant 2 as well but i'm not playing them as much). I'm not gonna pay around 5k gems in order to fix this (especially since your customer service is trash, every time i have issues i'm told to deal with it basicly), nor do i want to support these changes. So i leave. But before i do so, i want to make sure my input is heard so other players do not waste their money in such a rip off.

Good:1) Finally Templates!2) Cleaning up a little bit of inventory space, when carrying multiple armor / weapons sets.

Bad:1) Over complicated for current and new players.2) Pricing for unlocking additional tabs. I understand you have to make money (as every company do), but this is way to much and doesn't feel right.3) Character unlocks and not account unlocks.4) 2 gear unlocks by default.5) Limited to 6 gear unlocks and 6 build templates. This should be at least up to 12.6) We need the ability to set a default template for a game mode.

Ofcours you can still swap weapons/armor/skills the old fashion way, but that shouldn't be case when you have build templates added to the game.

Unfortunately to many negative points instead of positive. Sorry

Well I guess im glad i have 27 characters. I will just not save them off the characters themselves. The communities ability to save, share, and collaborate and comment on builds will be taking a loss from some of these choices. I would have rather had the unlocks been account wide like the crafting increase is. The shared vault of builds at 6 is useless when you have more than 2 characters. We as players should want to have all our builds saved in there but cant because of how limited it is.

its so mega buggy on my revenant in combat automatically templates get changed and diff legend skills get mixed like half skills are shiro, half are jalis skills while sitting in only jalis legend just completely randomly stuff changes absolutely chaotic. Also my underwater rev changes and skill order etc always resets to some default too, in other words its so buggy i don't even have words for it.

Equipment tabs are deifinitely not a good deal.

A equipment tab is 500 gems for 19 items (a complete set, 6 jewelries, 7 armour parts, 6 weapons ), and can only have one set (so slots are item locked), whereas a bag slot is 400 gems for up to 32 slots of anything you want.

As it is, I'm sticking with the bags, I prefer to manually switch (which is 30s top) and have more space.

If it was 500 gems for 1 tab for every chars in the account, that would be something else. But 500 gems for one tab and one char is too much.

Nothing changed since you first unveiled the system, so all the feedback given (and ignored) since then still applies, and I really can't be bothered to write it all out again, considering the asking for feedback is likely just yet another empty gesture that will lead to no changes, just to keep us busy or to keep some sense of hope alive that we can change something for the better, which won't happen.

If you actually want the feedback, feel free to read through all the threads you just closed.

If not, good luck going forward with this hyper aggressive monetization for baseline game functionality, especially when it's poorly executed when compared to free community developed tools, which you had to shut down to sell your version, rather than creating a superior product worth buying and making people want to support you.

This really marks a new low point for the Franchise and ArenaNet.

The system is terrible:

• Templates are not saved: if you equip a new weapon / trait the original template get changed, you can't test things without messing templates
  • Price is too much: I have 6 gear set on my main, I have to pay 2k gems just for it, then I have alts for each class
  • Gear is not even shared between alts

I've paid already for inventory slots and now I have to pay for equipment slotsJust let us use ARC templates as before.

switching from one Equip. template to another always equips the secondary weapon, kinda weird

Is it possible to link one Equip. T. to a Build T. so they will both be turned active when selecting one of them?

I would ve liked to see a split between "current" Euip/Build tab and Templates. So clicking on the Templates will equip the items/build in the "normal" tab. Right now one of the templates is always being "wasted" by being the "normal" switcheroo tab since it always gets overwritten when equipping a new item somewhere

Nobody needs more than 10 templates just to save 5 clicks, you guys are insane.. We just need the "current" Tab to be back where minimal adjustments can be made, when needed without changing a whole preset.

@Omernon.9762 said:Skills from PvE are now copied to PVP. Is this a bug or a feature?

It's a massive step back IMO. Why didn't you leave PvP unaffected by this feature? I can understand WvW, but PvP follows completely different rules when it comes to builds and equipments.

Because that's what they did. They didn't give 3 build templates. The first 3 build templates are what were the old hidden pve/wvw/pvp templates. They just unlinked the templates to the game modes.

The only players that it advantages are the players that only play in one game mode. If you do pve, wvw and pvp nothing changes, and it's actually worse because now you have to watch which template you modify because it auto saves it.

The system is actually worse for someone that doesn't want to use templates.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Not home yet. So if I just don't care and do nothing will my pve/spvp/wvw builds that auto switch when entering each mode still do that or will I have to do/save a bunch of things first?

Not 100% sure, but your wvw template should assigned to one of them anyway so worst case scenario you can click on it in your hero panel or add a key bind for it

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Not home yet. So if I just don't care and do nothing will my pve/spvp/wvw builds that auto switch when entering each mode still do that or will I have to do/save a bunch of things first?

Not 100% sure, but your wvw template should assigned to one of them anyway so worst case scenario you can click on it in your hero panel or add a key bind for it

I just tested it, it doesn't auto switch for builds. You have to go in the hero panel and switch it, and then switch it back when you go back in pve. It's more tedious than before.

We need 3 equipment template by default to match the 3 build templates we get, pretty please. The pricing is expensive, I bought an equipment template not realizing they are per-character only. No problem, but this will deter me from purchasing more for the time being.

I will buy more if you give us bundled pricing for equipment template. And please do consider giving us 3 by default to match the 3 build templates we receive.

One more thing, I find the build storage awkward. It should include equipment because if you want to share your build, you usually share your spec & equipment. Like linking someone gw2skills.net build editor, people want to see the whole thing with gear/runes/sigils not just your spec.

@sajah varel.9261 said:

@"Jayden Reese.9542" said:Not home yet. So if I just don't care and do nothing will my pve/spvp/wvw builds that auto switch when entering each mode still do that or will I have to do/save a bunch of things first?

I just tested it, it doesn't auto switch for builds. You have to go in the hero panel and switch it, and then switch it back when you go back in pve. It's more tedious than before.

You can keybind each build and gear template and it should be allowed to make a macro to have you switch your gear and build template in one button press according to their Macro Policy.

I don't really notice a change compared to what we previously had. We still have the original 3 build loadouts (now named as template but its something we had before templates already), and we have 1 more equipment slot (this is nice since pvp doesn't use gear).

One big bad minor point I found was when I went into my pvp match... It auto equips the pve build instead of the pvp build meaning I have to equip the pvp one every time before I enter any pvp match. And if you forget to do this you cannot change it during the match either (when you are out of combat, like at res point).

Another big bad minor point is that whenever I swap my build around it always sets my melee weapon as priority while I always play with my ranged weapon set up instead. So this adds in another step of button clicking.

The price, lets say I will never bother to buy extra slots. (And if pvp equipment is added into our current equipment slots in the future without giving us a 3rd slot I would be angry).

This is completely trash and worthless for anyone that plays more than 1 mode, or have legendary weapons/armor. For instance, i have 6 builds on my guardian, 3 for raids, 3 for wvw. But if i want to swap to something for open world or for fractals, i need to go to my build template slot, unequip it and do it, basically undoing all my template and forcing me to click all over again to save and do it again.

Please, just let us use arc template again.