[merged] Constantly Disconnected Now? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[merged] Constantly Disconnected Now?

Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭
edited October 31, 2019 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

After the Build tabs patch today, i'm now being constantly disconnected from GW2 back to the Character selection screen, This has never happened to me before.. I'm Australian on NA Sea of Sorrows server, my ping is about 320ish? was 290ish before the patch..
https://i.imgur.com/MmfCD8e.jpg

Not sure what has changed.

I now cannot use the Auction house at all...
https://i.imgur.com/7Y1LX0R.jpg

Tagged:
<13

Comments

• Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

I keep DCing and getting black screened today. Happening every 10-15 minutes

Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

That is the 6th time in 1 hour now that I've DC'ed

CA/CH/HOD/AIR

I think I have the answer to this. Had a power outage the other day and the computer may have been glitchy. I restarted and the problem went away.

CA/CH/HOD/AIR

• Dante.1508Dante.1508 Member ✭✭✭

I just had the patch and now my game is constantly disconnecting as well.

• Chichimec.9364Chichimec.9364 Member ✭✭✭

Downloaded the patch and started disconnecting every few minutes as well. It kept happening while I was trying to use the new templates.

• Thornwolf.9721Thornwolf.9721 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dante.1508 said:
    After the Build tabs patch today, i'm now being constantly disconnected from GW2 back to the Character selection screen, This has never happened to me before.. I'm Australian on Sea of Sorrows server, my ping is about 320ish? was 290ish before the patch..

Same, seems to be an issue brought on with the templates.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Dante.1508 said:
    After the Build tabs patch today, i'm now being constantly disconnected from GW2 back to the Character selection screen, This has never happened to me before.. I'm Australian on Sea of Sorrows server, my ping is about 320ish? was 290ish before the patch..

Same, seems to be an issue brought on with the templates.

Good to know its not just me.. Hopefully a fix incoming at some point.

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was disconnected once. It seems to be fixed now. Happens sometimes with big patches and feature launches.
    Better than being down for hours and/or days, though, innit?

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

@Trise.2865 said:
    I was disconnected once. It seems to be fixed now. Happens sometimes with big patches and feature launches.
    Better than being down for hours and/or days, though, innit?

I've been disconnected 6 times.. I'm not sure it is better to be honest.

• I don't get disconnected but something is definitely up, even the gemstore is down, is this the end?

• trying to use the templates and keep getting booted to character select. no templates get saved. awesome time saver...

• We're aware of the crash and disconnect issues with today's build. Our engineers are investigating and trying to get a fix as soon as possible!

P.S. I merged 2 discussions about this topic.

Stéphane Lo Presti
    Content Marketing Manager

• Chichimec.9364Chichimec.9364 Member ✭✭✭

The disconnects seem to have stopped for me. Ran a new alt through Hoelbrak doing map completion there and got it done without any problems. Then worked on the equipment templates for another alt and also got that done with no problems. Hopefully the disconnect issues have been fully resolved.

• 4x in past 40 mins, still happening.

• Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭

There are crashes/disconnects. Also between "Shadow of the Mad King" and "Extra Life" yellow star in the top right UI ... without any text. (Empty line.)

• Neph.2163Neph.2163 Member ✭✭

Had a legendary rune in an underwater helm on one build. Made another build with the same helm and by reflex put a regular rune in it. Game crashed every time I went back to the build tab with the helm and legendary rune. Crashes ceased when I put the legendary rune in the helm on that other build (going back to the initial build tab no longer crashed me out to character select).

• Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭

@Luthan.5236 said:
    There are crashes/disconnects. Also between "Shadow of the Mad King" and "Extra Life" yellow star in the top right UI ... without any text. (Empty line.)

They said they were working on a bug affecting the amount raised for the Extra Life (it was displaying as 0) so I'd guess that it's a problem caused by the fix.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully, this will be resolved soon. Very inconvenient when trying to adjust your legendary gear. ;)

• UnDeadFun.5824UnDeadFun.5824 Member ✭✭✭

TY for update Stephane, 1556 hrs est, Anvil Rock - still getting disconnects.

• ugrakarma.9416ugrakarma.9416 Member ✭✭✭✭

some big updates on the past bring this issue, they probably will fix it in some hours.

main pvp: Khel the Undead(power reaper).

• I got DCed too and I rollback to the 5 previous minutes too... Got this 4 times already

• InvaGir.9158InvaGir.9158 Member ✭✭✭

I not only get that but I also get rollbacks
    How do I know that?!
    I spent 10$ on this game 20 minutes ago and bought total makeover kit and transmutation charges to change my style and with every disconnection I get my old style back with the items I purchased in my mail.

• Shifty.4985Shifty.4985 Member ✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

Just disconnected from WvW for the 3rd time, each were mid fights with Wsr (Everyone on deso, wsr, Drak gets dc).
    Okay as i type this, make it 4 times

Resident sleeper of Desolation & Blackgate
    Formerly of IRON HB AH now RPing stronk with FROG
    Sorry if you're a commander and fallen victim to my pew pew snipe along with others in raids.

• Ryukai.6524Ryukai.6524 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

Just did TT all 3 heads down, we all went to loot the big chest and Everyone dc'd.

I was able to loot the chest before we did and opened my bags, (the loot was there), dc'd, and when we got back on our characters had rolled back, no loot and the people that got their mastery points for the kill also lost them too....

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

• @Ryukai.6524 said:
    Just did TT all 3 heads down, we all went to loot the big chest and Everyone dc'd.

I was able to loot the chest before we did and opened my bags, (the loot was there), dc'd, and when we got back on our characters had rolled back, no loot and the people that got their mastery points for the kill also lost them too....

I wasn't even able to loot, got DC'd just after the port. Obviously chest lost, but also my bonus chest disappeared.

• ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can't even login...

• So got DC and now can't log in, is it the same bug as this one that is causing it?

• Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

I can't login

The log in server isn't working

please make a Taimi voice mail pack
    my QoL wishes

• Sobx.1758Sobx.1758 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

@Leima.2640 said:
    So got DC and now can't log in, is it the same bug as this one that is causing it?

Same. I had no dcs prior to this, now got dced and can't reconnect, servers might be down.

• linamaria.1830linamaria.1830 Member ✭✭✭

@ReaverKane.7598 said:
    I can't even login...

Same.
    I got a DC, now I can't even login: "The game client was unable to connect to the log-in server."

• TPMN.1483TPMN.1483 Member ✭✭

Code 42:1008:9001:4467 atm

• Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭

Our whole map disconnected from WvW and 95% of our squad can't log back in - but the enemy is fine :/

• Oh CMON, my school is starting 2 days from now. Now u managed to crash ur servers. kitten U couldnt crash it some other day?

• Howdy..EU Seafarer's Rest here...can't log in either. Any info as to when this will be resolved?

edited October 29, 2019

@ReaverKane.7598 said:
    I can't even login...

Me neither. I'm getting a message that my code was invalid.

@Aleksej.7453 said:
    Oh CMON, my school is starting 2 days from now. Now u managed to crash ur servers. kitten U couldnt crash it some other day?

They didn't crash anything, they are working on resolving the disconnect issue.

Edit: The servers are back online.

• Till.6473Till.6473 Member ✭✭

I have no possiblty connecte with my 2 account after downloading the maj ?

People are you same problem ?

• fizzypetal.7936fizzypetal.7936 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

@fizzypetal.7936 said:
    Howdy..EU Seafarer's Rest here...can't log in either. Any info as to when this will be resolved?

Update...got in, then game disconnected nearly straight away. And now I can't log back in.

• well i still can't login gw1 or 2 :scream:

• Dark.1823Dark.1823 Member ✭✭

Ever since the recent patch, people have been disconnecting across entire maps. Everyone on the entire map disconnects at the same time instantly but is able to log back in right away afterwards. There have also been disconnects happening at end of Meta events as if targeted with malicious intent. I honestly believe there is an exploit with the templates where players are able to disconnect the entire map.

Does anyone have any more info?

• Shifty.4985Shifty.4985 Member ✭✭
    edited October 29, 2019

everyone just disconnected.. again, this time in LA when Mad king started

And another crash, 1min later
    (if youre stress testing something, just tell us)

Resident sleeper of Desolation & Blackgate
    Formerly of IRON HB AH now RPing stronk with FROG
    Sorry if you're a commander and fallen victim to my pew pew snipe along with others in raids.

edited October 29, 2019

I am getting disconnected now upon trying to switch builds (namely switching from equipment template 2 to 1), each and every single time. GG.

• Nikal.4921Nikal.4921 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2019

Ventured into Queensdale from Divinity's Reach, and dozens of people were just outside, apparently having just having been disconnected and re-logged in. I was in the map maybe a minute when I was disconnected. That's after having been disconnected a few times in Crystal Oasis (along with others). All have had rollbacks. Thinking I'll steer clear of playing until this is resolved.

edited to replace 'crashed' w/ 'disconnected'

• Every time I went to Ember Bay last night, I would be disconnected after about 30 seconds. I could log in immediately but I was back in Divinity Reach. This happened about 8 times before I gave up and went to Bloodstone fen where the problem didn't happen.

• Still having disconnects and getting booted to the character screen. Not even doing much besides standing in Divinity's Reach, looking at the build templates etc.

• Log in, open the three chests I'm parked next to, lose connection to the server (Code=7:11:3:191:101), log back in and loot them again (Naturally without getting to keep what I looted before "losing connection"), disconnect again... Four times this happened in a row until I gave up and logged out. I did not open hero panel or templates or anything other than run straight for the chests. I guess tonight will be movie night for me.

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

Still broken, just gave up playing due to DCs every few minutes!!!!

• Tyncale.1629Tyncale.1629 Member ✭✭✭

Been disconnected like 8 times now, the last time while I was almost through the PoF starter instance. :( not happy.

• Same. Multiple DC's yesterday after the update. Today the notable DC's were: 1) half-way through the metal concert in Gronthmar Valley... no loot. 2) half-way through 'Mad King Says' so once again... no loot. Putting in the effort only to crash out with no reward is not fun. Gonna go play something else until this is fixed.

• TPMN.1483TPMN.1483 Member ✭✭
    edited October 30, 2019

Another day - more DC's around the same time... starting to feel like a DDOS. Code 42:1001:9001:4467 - cant connect (EU Acct on NA Servers)

• kitten Anet, feeling more like fallout 64 nowadays

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.