Went back to Mesmer after a long while, need some help with the build.

Justin Time.7054

Armor is a mix of Berserker and Assassin.Runes of the Rebirth.Sword: sygil of Force, Assassin statsTorch: sygil of Stamina, Assassin statsGreatsword: sygils of Force and Severance, Berserker stats.Trinket slots are empty because I used the items for other characters.Duelling, Illusions, Domination.

Can honestly say I don't remember how to play with this character.I made it to Chronomancer at the time, then went back to Mesmer.I recently bought POF and as I read Mesmer has a reputation in POF, I would like to put together a good one for the Desert.I would much appreciate some directions as I am lost here.Thanks!

@"Justin Time.7054" said:Armor is a mix of Berserker and Assassin.Runes of the Rebirth.Sword: sygil of Force, Assassin statsTorch: sygil of Stamina, Assassin statsGreatsword: sygils of Force and Severance, Berserker stats.Trinket slots are empty because I used the items for other characters.Duelling, Illusions, Domination.

Can honestly say I don't remember how to play with this character.I made it to Chronomancer at the time, then went back to Mesmer.I recently bought POF and as I read Mesmer has a reputation in POF, I would like to put together a good one for the Desert.I would much appreciate some directions as I am lost here.Thanks!

Try something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAc+ZlRwQYSsEmJWgfcA-zhyIzKIkUw7B-e

I left a lot blank for flexibility, but this is the basis for a strong open world mirage build.

For the third trait line, choose either illusions (higher damage) or chaos (boons, defense) and pick whatever looks good for the traits in Mirage/Dueling that I left blank. You can use basically any sort of condi gear to make this work, but viper or trailblazer are best due to having expertise for increased condition duration. If you don't have those stats available and you want a cheap alternative, dire is a good choice.

If you're not the greatest player and you still struggle with the axe work at melee range, you can go pure staff. It's pretty one-dimensional and the damage (particularly burst) is not as good, but it should be able to handle most situations adequately and you'll basically never die with this setup!

Regarding Sigil of Stamina - personally I find that shines best on GS with mirage. Certainly labyrinth mob farm is hilarious, it's so broken being able to truly perma dodge.

Would probably go for a different sigil outside of that if chrono or core - can't go wrong with energy or even bloodlust etc.

That's odd. It still works for me. But now that I'm not rushing to work I can give you a better explanation.

Mirage is pretty much auto-win for open world. However, I find condi builds can be strong and versatile for even beginning or returning players who maybe don't have a good handle on their skills or reaction time. With practice, it can take on almost anything.

Recommended build:Axe/Torch, StaffViper or Trailblazer stats (but really anything with condi primary will work!)Runes: Tormenting, Adventurer, Undead (if using toughness gear)Sigils: Energy/Stamina or replace either one with Malice or CorruptionMirage 1-3-1
Dueling 2-2-3Chaos 1-2-3 or Illusions 3-3-26-0 skills: False Oasis, Signets of Domination and Midnight, Illusionary Ambush, Jaunt.

Notes:There are a number of other heal/utility/elite skills you could swap in place of these, of course. Mirror or Signet of Ether are good options. Arcane Thievery, Blink, Mirror Images, Signet of Ether.

Viper deals the most damage, but because Mirage is so condi-heavy you can still deal surprisingly strong damage using a set like Dire or Trailblazer. Just keep in mind that burst suffers this way and Mirage is so mobile and evasive that you still have superior survivability using Viper.

There aren't a lot of absolutely critical trait choices. Pretty much as long as you take Infinite Horizon in the Mirage trait line, the build will work out. I also strongly recommend Deceptive Evasion in Dueling.

Tormenting Runes produce a significant amount of healing with the number of stacks of torment axe mirage is capable of putting out. Undead runes on a Trailblazer set add 168 condi damage from the 6-piece bonus alone. Adventurer runes add another source of endurance regen.

Stamina/Corruption sigils are probably your strongest combination for open world play. If you want something less reliant on kills, Energy/Malice is a good combination.

I've been using variations on this theme for a long time now and although much has changed for Mirage, I've been able to use a similar build without issue from the start. It's been awhile since I recorded any videos (haven't been playing GW2 lately), but here's an example of a build like this in action: