Titles earned in GW1 removed, not just GWAMM

I wish I could get the devs in a room and ask them one question. Why do you release large updates, etc, during an already busy time (Halloween)? The only thing I can fathom is they want the new update or w/e hammered on and see if it works under pressue? As a Dev myself (not gaming) I just really wonder. Like many gigs I have done flat out refuse to allow major updates on a Friday, they want those involved there to help answer questions and jump on bugs that come up. But that is neither here nor there. Thanks for suggestions.

• ArenaNet Staff

This behavior is probably due to some of the connection issues we've had since the build went live. If this is still happening to you, the Customer Support Team shared a tip to try to fix the Hall Of Monument disconnects when they happens: close your Guild Wars 2 client, logging into Guild Wars (GW1), then go and talk to Kimmes the Historian, and finally log into Guild Wars 2 again. You may have to talk to Kimmes the Historian (the ghost version).

@Evon Skyfyre.9673 said:login info from GW1 is long gone. I'll just do without if they do not fix it.

After linking your accounts (which you'll have done in case of HoM rewards), your GW1 account uses the same login details (email & password) as the GW2 account. The only additional information you need is afaik a character name - though support should be able to help if you can't remember that.

@Evon Skyfyre.9673 said:Thankfully it seems ok. Logging into GW1 would require my reinstalling it. Tks all for the suggestions.

The logging into GW1 just speeds the fix up, the bug will fix itself usually after a few hours, whats sad is, this bug has been around since launch, and its still not perma fixed, which is kind of shocking, when you think that the response was, go and log into the game we haven't looked at for 7 years to fix the bug with your current game, surely a dev should beable to do a perma fix for this problem by now.

okay so i just did what the dev said up there. I went to gw1 went to the historian and went back to gw2 and went to the ghost historian using the hall of monuments portal device and it fixed my problem. now i can broadcast that i am a real gw1 player and i am actually better than gw2 only players