[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

1) Mistlock Sanctuary

• change the map layer to the lowest one when I click on a WP chat link please
  • it sucks so freaking much having to leave it to follow a WP link or having to manually look for it on the map

2) Teleport Tomes/Scrolls for LS maps

• PLEASE make the selection appear on TOP of all other windows!
  • if I double click on the tome it should be obvious I want to teleport somewhere, don't hide it behind other windows

3) Nova launch skill would be nice in fractal loby for owners of the mistlock sanctuary passkey, always try to use it there too - it's just a suggestion tho

Perhaps a better leaderboard for Beetle Racing? It's nice seeing the times of your friends and bragging to them about how better you are, but for those who wanna climb the ranks it can be really motivating to see that they are just 0.100s behind the best time, so they jump back into the race and try to get a better time. A top 10 or 15 would really be nice, not only for the racers but also for the champions, how great of a feeling it would be to have your great preformance in a top list for everyone to see and try to beat :3

Here's a QoL tweak that I keep coming back to with resounding agreement from friends and guildmates:

• Please have eyewear and facial scars be a separate cosmetic slot

In the current system, there are a few wardrobe options for glasses and facial scars— which is awesome!However...

There's the frustration that they are considered a "helm", and therefore, when your helm is auto-toggled or removed with an outfit, they vanish too. It's nice to have these character storytelling bits. It makes them feel more real. It would be amazing to be able to make glasses, eyepatches, or scars a character choice that stays with them regardless of outfit or even other helm wardrobe choices. It feels especially workable on the backend since scars or face-paint style "helm" skins don't have a model, they're just an additional texture. Glasses and eyepatches are a bit more difficult since they do have a model, and some helms might cover them or clip with them if worn simultaneously, but I feel like the overall major impact of this character design improvement is well worth the work it would take to identify which models are incompatible and would override the eyewear.

It would also be amazing to have more facial scar options for our characters in general, and they could be added in conjunction with that slot.

Thanks for your consideration!!

If you want me to buy anymore backpack skins you need to make them dyeable. Why can you dye some of them but only when flying? Like the new skeletal wings? Green while standing but when you fly you can dye them any color you want? Talk about lazy programmers. The code to dye is already there, all you have to do is make it consistent. Also, I was going to buy the Mad kings mount pack but it only includes 5 mounts? If you're going to release mount packs from now on you need to do them all. For instance, how about riding a giant scary rolling pumpkin instead of a beetle?

I would love to see a revamp of the LFG menu.Specifically, open world squads being either greyed out or otherwise marked with no vacancy if the leader's map is full. Mad King Thorn might think it's a fun Halloween prank to join a squad for his labyrinth only to find out that the map cannot support any additional players. But beyond the Halloween event rush, it is frustrating to try and join organized meta-event groups when you can't tell which squads occupy maps that have already reached player capacity.Also, remembering your previous menu location would be a brilliant addition to the lfg feature. Having to go through the drill down menu every time you join a squad but can't transition to the map because of player occupancy is a pain in the kitten's paw.

Ones I seen that I second:

• Dye for Backpack. That is an oversight in my oppinion
  • More Guild slots
  • Crafting favorites
  • tattoo/face tattoo layer
  • The auto-craft if you have the materials on things with deep layers as suggested
  • Rework of Guild Halls, they are ghost towns

Some of my own:

• Massively reduce Assembly Device time for scribes. This is just annoying. Doing 100 sieges for a Guild at 30 seconds each and not even able to put all 100 in queue is just an artificial way to keep us logged in... It is absolutely ridiculous to have to wait so long for things to asssemble. Please remove this stall time. I mean if we are inactive we get a warning... however stand in Guild Hall for an hour just to watch the assembly slowwwwly move forward is acceptable? No it is not.

• Deconstruct of refined materials. An example: I refinded all my copper ore into ingots to save space... then come across an achievement... I had 500 ingots and maybe 20 ore... I needed several stacks of ore! I had to farm it all again because I had ingots, not ore... let us deconstruct that back into ore when need be. (Yes I was swearing hard at my screen on that joke... and did not appreceate it at all) maybe ad some realism that deconstructing gives a percentage loss.

• Heal equals out of combat immediatly if nothing is targeting you, and you have no conditions upon you... works better than relog your toon as I do now several times a day because of falsely being registered as "in combat"

• Skinning regardless of armorclass: A skin is a skin, there is no reason why my heavy armored toons cannot wear the light or medium skins. It is one of the reasons why I avoid medium and heavy classes. Specially on Asura the medium and heavy skins are well... ugly (In my oppinion, taste is personal) - Skinning is just for looks... armor class should not be an issue. (and if the argument is 'To visually recognize an armor class' then that can be put aside with Outfits as example.)

As someone said abouve a deconstruct option in guild hall assembly would be very nice. We have some some halloween decos (haunted table and chair) made without wanting them, will be fine to deconstruct them into pumpkin. Essential for mad lab walls as example.

Think we should get a Hero Point/skill point, everytime we level up after level 80.That way XP earned wouldn't feel like it's going to waste.

We could also eventually get our Elite Specs full, if we occasionally feel like switching, without having to go through the PoF and HoT expedition again and again, to get HPs.

Also after level 80, we could get a Mastery Point every 10 level up, instead of being stagnated in the mastery you can't master due to not having mastery points.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:● An instant Home instance device, that brings you back to previous location if used again.

There is a home instance portal that does this. The only problem with it is you cannot select which map, it goes to the characters racial city home. Sucks for me because I main Subaru and hate the grove home instance layout.

● A revert to previous look device like a transmutator charge, if you regret changing your character using a Self Hair Style or a Total Convertion one.

This would be very cool.

● Also a copper fed, infinite transmutator device.

What would happen to existing transmutation charges?

● The ability to dye backpacks and weapons.

I would love this, but don't think it is practical for animations, or the original cut scenes. Also, how would skins that have effects work? There are a lot of skins like the and scientist set that have slight to strong color change effects.

I'm just going to add to the People asking for Backpack Dyes.It's a shame you can't really Dye a Glider if you want to use the Backpack combo too since it'll switch between the Default when standing and Dyed when Gliding making it look very strange. I'm sure a lot more Glider combos would sell if the full combo set could be Dyed.

Wardrobe Templates/Build

Having a set wardrobe when switching a set of legendary armor to another character of the same weight class. This allows for different themed characters using the same set and helps differentiate the outfits of different gendered characters of the same weight. It's understandable a female outfit has a male counterpart, however, it's very uncommon that the designated legendary armor set's design will look the way you want it to look on its male counterpart especially, if it has been transmutated.

I thought of one extra that is very simple

I was doing achievements today and had the wiki open and after using a few of the WP tags I got warned for Exsessive Spamming.Can we please PLEASE have a channel that lets us paste Wiki POI, WP etc unlimited that is ONLY visible to ourself?

Because whisper to offline isn't possible.If I create a 1 person squad "Nobody hears you"

So open chat or guild chat are the only viable options, but we get warned to not spam...

I need a "talking to myself" mode :o ;)

Since it is QoL now, i will make request :)

Give us ability to set same hotkey for Equipement and Build template.I have Elemental - Tempest heal and Weaver Dps. When i switch from Heal to Dps, one way or another i need to switch traits aswell, since my main hand weapon is sword in Weaver build.

Save us some button pushes, remove conflicts of hotkeys between Equipement and Build templates.

Dyes: I'd like to have another sorting option for the Hero: Dyes screen. Currently there are four options. Sort by Hue, by Material, by Set, and an option to hide locked dyes. Here's the thing, sort by set is actually sorting by rarity. I propose adding a sort by rarity option and give it sort by set's current functionality. Change sort by set's functionality to sort by the dye pack it came from(Zhaitan, Awakened, Sacred, etc). That would make it much easier to see at a glance what dye packs I might be interested in without having to tab out of the game.

Hero: Outfits screens: So we can preview outfits we don't own yet. Cool! Some of the default color schemes on those outfits are....not so great. Not cool! But what if I could customize the colors on those outfits I'm previewing.....

Why does this matter to you, the developer? In short, to sell more outfits.

There are a number outfits I'm on the fence about buying because the default color scheme doesn't appeal(or some are a single color so I have no idea how they're going to look once I'm able to customize them). It's not really selling me on the outfit. I found out quite by accident that those outfits will adopt the colors of whatever outfit I'm wearing(when viewed from the hero tab but not the bank wardrobe or black lion merchant tabs) which visibly demonstrated in dramatic fashion that some of the outfits I was on the fence about could not only be salvaged but looked absolutely fantastic once they got a new paint job. Yes I can access the dyes in a roundabout way if I have an outfit equipped by swapping back and forth between the dye and outfit pages and seeing what changed but that's a bit slap dash and kind of a hassle and doesn't always work depending on where I'm viewing it from.

If I could somehow access dyes directly from an outfit page that would be a lot more convenient and I could sit there playing dress up and checking out the possibilities of each outfit. And yeah, once I see how great an outfit looks in the colors I've chosen I'm a LOT more inclined to buy it. Food for thought.

QOL concerning Build Templates

• Build storage that stores account bound weapons and armor so that it is not tied in equipment templates to one character (ex make a chain link available for other toons).
  • An option to have wardrobe alterations to the same armor so that there can be something distinguishable from other builds and looks (ie. legendary armor I have transmuted for one toon but if I switch it to another it won't work because of racial wardrobe features....additionally, legendary loses out to normal ascended here as well since with separate armors you can have different looks for a pwr build compared to a condi build which is nice but creates a "WHY DID I MAKE LEGENDARY" issue)
  • Separate templates for PvE, WvW and PvP modes...GRATIS....since in a way we already had those build modes when switching between game modes but now we don't with only 2 equipment slots
  • Make available more build template and equipment template slots, and include 3 equipment template slots initially.
  • Make the build and equipment template purchases include additions of such to all toons (very unlikely change since the implemented way is intentional)

Side NoteThis is all I can think of at the moment for the newest update. I don't mind the update in the overall and investing in a game I love, but it feels intentionally unpolished in order to encourage the money sink into countless single character slots. It also seems like a slap in the face to any and all who spent countless hours earning legendary armors and weapons to avoid the massive storage for multiple builds despite the obvious fact that it is cheaper to build over a dozen ascended weapons to one legendary. The looks of legendaries can be impressive, but I have transmuted a few to match the look I want for a toon. In other words, I for one worked to get legendaries for their convenience and now ascended seems far superior for having multiple looks and not having to rework infusions and sigils into them each time I change into a new template/toon (so legendaries < ascended).