Possibly returning, starting with fresh character

Jacob.2490

I'd like to come back to Guild Wars 2 and I've been away for quite some time. Last time I really played was back when the Nightmare Court was besieging Tyria... :lol:

I am a casual since I have other obligations to my time but I'd like to spend some time playing the game and doing some RP, some PVP and maybe even some PVE content. I'd like to start fresh, both in character and out of character. I know it's a lot to ask to meet new characters in-game but it would be really cool if someone or a group of someones would be my guides in the much-changed world. The last I remember was a fleet of sky pirates, an army of clockwork giants, and a bunch of Nightmare Courtiers invading at whatwashername's behest. I'm sure a lot has happened since then. :lol:

So, if you feel so inclined, I can re-install tomorrow and/or we can set up a meet 'n greet so to speak! Let me know as soon as possible!

@"maidiance.6920" said:Welcome back to Tyria!I would be happy to help if I can. Are you NA or EU?Do you like PVE, PVP, or perhaps WVW?Are you interested in endgame content?

NA, I cant remember the realm name though, the "RP one". Tarnished Coast! (I remembered!)I like all 3 :)I'd like to try endgame, when I get there. I also don't have the expansions yet.

Unfortunately, I am on the EU server which means that we cannot meet in game.However, I can still try to give you a bit of advice. The wiki for this game is excellent, and you can wiki items, npcs, places, etc with the /wiki command, for example typing /wiki et will bring you to the event timer which will tell you what world boss is happening, which is next and where.I definitely recommend seeing if you enjoy your return before purchasing an expansion. Good luck and good gaming.

I am also in Europe. o/My suggestion is to install the game and go chat in lion's arch, you'll likely find a guild, that's how I got into mine.

Another possibility, is to start fresh in the European servers (free if you first delete all your characters).

Ps: I am also from the Americas, but playing in the European serves. I have had no issues with lag for pve, so it's probably acceptable for your casual playing endeavors.

I'm tempted to install but I just don't want to go wandering around though like a creep. This game is at least worth installing since it isn't rife with Blizzard drama or cluttered with issues getting into like Final Fantasy 14. Plus the world at the very least "feels" like it grows and changes, unlike WoW which is just plain boring. The classes could use some more ability bars, but other than that, the combat is fun. I'd like to come back very soon. :)

Nightmare Court besieging Tyria? are you talk about Scarlet Briar or Mordremoth ;)if you only have core game. there was not much to play. todays gw2 there not much players doing dungeon, wvw, or pvp.its more into open world beta. living world etcelite skill for each class had totally change the way you play and become more fun.

@JUN YANG.4328 said:Nightmare Court besieging Tyria? are you talk about Scarlet Briar or Mordremoth ;)if you only have core game. there was not much to play. todays gw2 there not much players doing dungeon, wvw, or pvp.its more into open world beta. living world etcelite skill for each class had totally change the way you play and become more fun.

Scarlet Briar, that's it!

So you're saying that not many people playing the facets of the game, just logging in to play stories?

@Jacob.2490 said:

@JUN YANG.4328 said:Nightmare Court besieging Tyria? are you talk about Scarlet Briar or Mordremoth ;)if you only have core game. there was not much to play. todays gw2 there not much players doing dungeon, wvw, or pvp.its more into open world beta. living world etcelite skill for each class had totally change the way you play and become more fun.

So you're saying that not many people playing the facets of the game, just logging in to play stories?

Players are doing all content, but some things are a bit emptier than they used to be due to such a spread out game and festivals being on and so forth.

It might be an idea to browse the guild subforum and join a like-minded guild

@Jacob.2490 said:

@"JUN YANG.4328" said:Nightmare Court besieging Tyria? are you talk about Scarlet Briar or Mordremoth ;)if you only have core game. there was not much to play. todays gw2 there not much players doing dungeon, wvw, or pvp.its more into open world beta. living world etcelite skill for each class had totally change the way you play and become more fun.

if you left on "Scarlet Briar" this is a new game for you. lots and lots change since then. however if you decide to return i suggest you buy the expansion as start.and get the raptor mount for travel. (its easy to get). today's gw2 is more open world group event. and lots of different achievement. if you only had core game, you will feel left behind.

@"JUN YANG.4328" said:if you left on "Scarlet Briar" this is a new game for you. lots and lots change since then. however if you decide to return i suggest you buy the expansion as start.and get the raptor mount for travel. (its easy to get). today's gw2 is more open world group event. and lots of different achievement. if you only had core game, you will feel left behind.

Well, the whole idea about GW2 is to be a part of it. If I were to measure all that I've missed, I'd never want to play again. I have to look at is as an RP character, I've been in the background until now, so to speak, and I want to join the adventure.