Biology of Asura

Tekoneiric.6817

Asura are 100% mammals, it was confirmed by game designer Eric Flannum (quoted here). Indisputably mammal. They have hair, bellybuttons, give live birth, and probably something that no one really considered a mammal thing but: external ear structures. Reptiles, amphibians and birds have at most bumps and pits and disks for auditory receivers. The auricle/pinna is a distinctly mammalian feature, though not all mammals have them (like cetaceans and most pinnipeds.)Yes the hair is real, even in GW1 they were pretty hairy and some even have facial hair. The portraits of the mentors you can pick for the personal story show some of them have beards! Though, the Rata Sum loading screen art does have a lot of baldies hanging out, I think the artist was more interested in getting the picture done than giving them individual hairdos. That gave me pause too until I noticed they also have eyelashes, and they don't strike me as particularly interested in wearing falsies!Honestly they do have more insectivorous looking teeth, but look at the size of insects in Tyria-- I don't think they have to eat THAT many bugs to keep up their energy. Even a regular sized mosquito is the size of a mouse!