[SOLVED] Legendary Upgrades duplicated due to PvP equipment bug!

• ArenaNet Staff

We’ve seen players who own legendary gear, in particular runes and sigils, confused about how they interact with the Equipment Templates so we’d like to clarify how this works. The Equipment system only allows storage for the minimum amount of legendary runes and sigils required to cover the uses in the Equipment Templates. If you had a legendary rune in each of 12 pieces of gear and you then create 2 Equipment Templates using those 12 pieces of gear, you’ll end up with 6 legendary runes in your inventory because the system determine that this was the minimum it needs. So it looks like you duplicated the items but in reality you still only have 12 in total, 6 in your inventory and 6 shared across your Equipment Templates.

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:We’ve seen players who own legendary gear, in particular runes and sigils, confused about how they interact with the Equipment Templates so we’d like to clarify how this works. [...]

My apologies, I might have figured it out now. So, you are saying that, if I use two different legendary one-handed weapons in two different equipment loadouts, I can use the same sigil on both, because the sigil is now shareable between them via the Equipment Storage?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:We’ve seen players who own legendary gear, in particular runes and sigils, confused about how they interact with the Equipment Templates so we’d like to clarify how this works. [...]

My apologies, I might have figured it out now. So, you are saying that, if I use two different legendary one-handed weapons in two different equipment loadouts, I can use the same sigil on both, because the sigil is now shareable between them via the Equipment Storage?

You are correct.

@Lottie.5370 said:

You are correct.

Oops! In that case I apologize for the mayhem. This whole equipment storage thing is majorly confusing in regard of legendary gear.

P.S. Now there's a way to waste almost six hours trying to figure out what went wrong... :s

@Ashantara.8731 said:

You are correct.

Oops! In that case I apologize for the mayhem. This whole equipment storage thing is majorly confusing in regard of legendary gear.

To check I didn't misunderstand you -

Say you have 12 legendary runes and 2 legendary sigils, and you have 2 gear templates.

Template 1 you have your gear + 6 legendary runes + Legendary 1 with 1 legendary sigilTemplate 2 you have your gear + 6 legendary runes + Legendary 2 with 1 legendary sigil

If you swap between them, you will find 6 legendary runes + 1 legendary sigil refunded to your inventory - because each set is only using 6 runes and 1 sigil and BOTH sets will use the same 6 runes and sigil.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:glad things worked out for you

I've never said anything about it "working out" for me ;) , as my various posts in other threads might tell you. The system is open beta at best. At least, I have a grasp on its clunky functionality by now.

you forgot to say that you need 3k gems for each alt for this "beta thingy " to work..

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:We’ve seen players who own legendary gear, in particular runes and sigils, confused about how they interact with the Equipment Templates so we’d like to clarify how this works. The Equipment system only allows storage for the minimum amount of legendary runes and sigils required to cover the uses in the Equipment Templates. If you had a legendary rune in each of 12 pieces of gear and you then create 2 Equipment Templates using those 12 pieces of gear, you’ll end up with 6 legendary runes in your inventory because the system determine that this was the minimum it needs. So it looks like you duplicated the items but in reality you still only have 12 in total, 6 in your inventory and 6 shared across your Equipment Templates.

But what if I want to load up another character with the same Legendary items. It means I have to Unequip every Equipment Template (right click each template and choose "Unequip All Items"). Once I do that for every Equipment Template that uses those items on one character, I can then put them in the bank, log into another character, get them from the bank, and equip them (including the runes, sigils, and infusions, trinkets, etc.)

@misterman.1530 said:But what if I want to load up another character with the same Legendary items. [...]

Yes, that's even worse to handle than we knew it would be before release. :/ I don't need to swap between characters, thank the Six, but it's already a test of your mental abilities to get it to work properly and conveniently on just one character.

Oh well, here's to hope that the whole thing will be tweaked and improved eventually. In the meantime, I will refrain from adding builds to most of my characters that I don't play as often (like PvP builds or secondary WvW builds with a different equipment loadout). If ANet thought it a good idea to restrict people's freedom of having multiple builds and gear loadouts (especially for owners of legendary gear), then that's on them - good job, I'm playing along.