New Build Templates

Blind.4162

@"Sobx.1758" said:But ok, no matter how funny it is, the ability to set a "default wvw template" wouldn't hurt anyone. On the other hand if it's not there, I don't really care.

You can name your templates. Create one ( or how ever many you need ) and title it "WvW build." Create another and name it "PvE build." You will need to manually click on those tabs when entering either mode, but the point is that you can still have things basically as they were.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:So your now forced to use templates and it doesn't save your WvW anymore, that is kind of unhanded, its no longer a feature you can use, its a feature they have forced you to use, you have to wonder is that an over sight that they didn't foresee happening.

It follows the same principle that has seen water added to the shelf along side drinks with actual ingredients.. And cost more.

When you share a build you only share your traits, I thought it was going to be the entire build with stats sigils runes and weapon type. The storage should be just normal item slots, not a copy of your character build screen. The builds should be able to contain all the information about the build and be able to pull required items from the gear storage. The name you named your build should also follow when you share it.

The system that we got is very illogical. You can only save 6 variants of gear combinations. Instead of having one upgradable storage area for all the gear and it pulls it out depending on an entire build template.

Also when you switch between builds it should show your name of it, instead of "Activating Template".

@"Timelord.8190" said:When you share a build you only share your traits, I thought it was going to be the entire build with stats sigils runes and weapon type. The storage should be just normal item slots, not a copy of your character build screen. The builds should be able to contain all the information about the build and be able to pull required items from the gear storage. The name you named your build should also follow when you share it.

The system that we got is very illogical. You can only save 6 variants of gear combinations. Instead of having one upgradable storage area for all the gear and it pulls it out depending on an entire build template.

Also when you switch between builds it should show your name of it, instead of "Activating Template".

Yea, im disappointed about not being able to share gear.

Also, i agree it would be neat to just fill up a sort of bank thing with every possible sigil, rune weapon etc, were you just equip a build and it takes all the needed things and equips them.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:I want nothing to do with this new template fiasco. Just let things operate as they are (and I don't mean ARC, I just mean in game). To those who find these useful, that's great - just leave me out of it.

Considering you were not using ARC, I don't see how the free part of templates is in any way a downgrade for you. Care to explain in what way it's a "fiasco"?

Step one, go to WvW, build no longer loaded. Now have to track it down and load. Sure, its minor, but I would have been fine having a 'turn this stuff off' option so I could just manage my equipment and builds the way I have since release.

You do realize you can even keybind templates? Its 2 button presses to change gear and traits, and you can do it on the fly, if you care so much about wvw you should have atleast 2 different builds you use in wvw. You can now switch between them in 0.5 seconds.

If you dont have 2 for a gamemode like wvw, well... Then, in my eyes, you arent even a real wvw player, and have no reason to complain at all.

Yes, beca> @RedShark.9548 said:

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:I want nothing to do with this new template fiasco. Just let things operate as they are (and I don't mean ARC, I just mean in game). To those who find these useful, that's great - just leave me out of it.

Considering you were not using ARC, I don't see how the free part of templates is in any way a downgrade for you. Care to explain in what way it's a "fiasco"?

Step one, go to WvW, build no longer loaded. Now have to track it down and load. Sure, its minor, but I would have been fine having a 'turn this stuff off' option so I could just manage my equipment and builds the way I have since release.

You do realize you can even keybind templates? Its 2 button presses to change gear and traits, and you can do it on the fly, if you care so much about wvw you should have atleast 2 different builds you use in wvw. You can now switch between them in 0.5 seconds.

If you dont have 2 for a gamemode like wvw, well... Then, in my eyes, you arent even a real wvw player, and have no reason to complain at all.

I don't just just play wvw and the legendary equipment swaps between characters. There is no benefit to me with account bound templates. Your eyes are your own and are free to see what they want to see, but that doesn't mean what you see is accurate.

@Offair.2563 said:

@allshallperish.4620 said:terrible terrible lmao, how can you get this so wrong anet

They probably forgot about wvw

Insert shill comment about how Anet is right to only accomodate the majority (which wouldn't even change builds anyways, making this a pointless exercise in greed)But greed is good. Give all your monies to the corporations, regardless of they earned it or not!

@"Timelord.8190" said:When you share a build you only share your traits, I thought it was going to be the entire build with stats sigils runes and weapon type. The storage should be just normal item slots, not a copy of your character build screen. The builds should be able to contain all the information about the build and be able to pull required items from the gear storage. The name you named your build should also follow when you share it.

no way since this would lead to being abused in PvE where people would make players link their gear to join a group. Anet doesnt want that happening

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Blockhead Magee.3092" said:I want nothing to do with this new template fiasco. Just let things operate as they are (and I don't mean ARC, I just mean in game). To those who find these useful, that's great - just leave me out of it.

Well, for people who play three game mode you aren't getting anything more. You are essentially getting what you had in a more inconvenient form

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

no way since this would lead to being abused in PvE where people would make players link their gear to join a group. Anet doesnt want that happening

They already make players link Legendary Insights. In a hardcore, environment players want to succeed and make sure they got the players they want anyways. This is more functionality is more valuable than it isn't. If players can't be honest with the group they want to do PvE raid with they don't deserve to be in the group anyways.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:But ok, no matter how funny it is, the ability to set a "default wvw template" wouldn't hurt anyone. On the other hand if it's not there, I don't really care.

You can name your templates. Create one ( or how ever many you need ) and title it "WvW build." Create another and name it "PvE build." You will need to manually click on those tabs when entering either mode, but the point is that you can still have things basically as they were.

I know I can name them, but naming them doesn't change anything they're complaining about ;)

• Confused 1

@XatraZaytrax.2601 said:

@"Blockhead Magee.3092" said:I want nothing to do with this new template fiasco. Just let things operate as they are (and I don't mean ARC, I just mean in game). To those who find these useful, that's great - just leave me out of it.

Well, for people who play three game mode you aren't getting anything more. You are essentially getting what you had in a more inconvenient form

Yes, you're getting what you had, which isn't a downgrade. Them being "more inconvenient" is your personal opinion and is literally based on you using a single build for each of the modes. At which point you're not exactly in need for anything more than you have now.

Sharing traits makes sense, because every player playing the same class can copy that build to use it at this exact moment. Most players can't automatically copy items, which makes what you want here pretty pointless. Also you can already ping/link your items one by one in chat, so not sure what you're demanding here.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, you're getting what you had, which isn't a downgrade. Them being "more inconvenient" is your personal opinion and is literally based on you using a single build for each of the modes. At which point you're not exactly in need for anything more than you have now.

Yes, it is my opinion, which is what forums are for -- to speak from your point of view. And I would agree it's not an issue for the wvw build, because I have been known to play that 24 hour strait without coming out of the mode or swapping toons. The inconvenience come when I pvp -- or it suddenly became a problem last night. Some days the queues are quick with no down time, so waiting for a match is a snap and I can tolerate standing around, but most of the time I do something in between matches, like farm or whatever. Now each time I go into pvp, I have to remember to swap builds and when it is over I have to swap back. Before this was automatically done. Play 20 matches in an afternoon, it will become frustrating and inconvient. Yes, to me. But I am sure I a not the only person who does this. So yes, I want more. I want the automation back.

@Sobx.1758 said:

It is a downgrade for that person (and myself) because for us it has no extra functionality that we use and is more inconvenient because you have to manually change template between game modes when before it was automatic. Replacing a convenient automatic function with a manual one is an inconvenience. That isn't an opinion it is an actuality.Or to put it another way I have gained no extra function from the introduction of templates. I have lost the auto switching of builds between game modes. The loss of auto switching is an inconvenience. I have gained nothing but I have lost something (losses>gains) ergo this for me is a downgrade. I will assume based upon comments made that @Sobx.1758 is of the same opinion.

@XatraZaytrax.2601 , @Nidome.1365 and @"anybody else that will try to respond with the same thing again"

I understand, it was already said multiple times and I already answered to that:

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Ok I Did It.2854" said:So your now forced to use templates and it doesn't save your WvW anymore, that is kind of unhanded, its no longer a feature you can use, its a feature they have forced you to use, you have to wonder is that an over sight that they didn't foresee happening.

That's a mad reach to be mad about. Pre templates PvE, SPvP, WvW all three had their own templates but unchangeable. All they did was make them three free templates and you can swap between any of them freely out of combat or stick to one template. Nothing really changed there except you have a choice on which of those three you want to use.

Not sure how that's a bad thing. Especially for those that didn't use add-ons.

It's all about those 2 clicks, man!But ok, no matter how funny it is, the ability to set a "default wvw template" wouldn't hurt anyone. On the other hand if it's not there, I don't really care.

I understand that in a specific situation in which players play multiple gamemodes, but use a single build assigned to each of them, this might be a minor inconvenience that requires making 2 clicks to "fix".

Still not a "fiasco", but please stop repeating the same thing now. :D

• Confused 1

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:He don't listen. His minds made up. Idk why he is obsessed with telling us what is inconvenient or not based on his opinion.

Do you even read?

Read what how no ones opinion matters but yours? How if you see no problem so others can't have an issue. Legit 5 dudes you arguing with because you can't read or accept that it is an inconvenience to others. Don't quote or respond again please ty as I said your mind is made up.

Nope, read what I wrote instead jumping on your holy crusade and eagerly repeating what was already pointed out by someone else a day before you hopped in. And what I already acknowledged AND quoted/explained again btw. If anyone "can't read and accept" someone else's posts, it's clearly you.

• Confused 1

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:He don't listen. His minds made up. Idk why he is obsessed with telling us what is inconvenient or not based on his opinion.

Do you even read?

Read what how no ones opinion matters but yours? How if you see no problem so others can't have an issue. Legit 5 dudes you arguing with because you can't read or accept that it is an inconvenience to others. Don't quote or respond again please ty as I said your mind is made up.

Nope, read what I wrote instead jumping on your holy crusade and eagerly repeating what was already pointed out by someone else a day before you hopped in. And what I already acknowledged AND quoted/explained again btw.

No you wrong. I hopped in well before today as you quote everything I say. You finally acknowledged it's a minor inconvenience which is our point but you still repeat 2 clicks over and over when even if it is 2 clicks it's 2 clicks x 20/50/2000 every time you swap from pvp to pve or back. It's your crusade bro. Explaining over and over vs 5 people but you agreed so idk man what is your issue with us having an issue with this minor inconvenience that you agreed was a minor inconvenience that keeps you here. Btw sometimes we hit post and what you posted goes above me because I'm not expecting you to be simultaneously posting while I'm writing.

Finally? I wrote that 20+ hours ago, calm down already lmao. I didn't notice you were a person writing here before, that's just confusing me even more as to why you claim "my mind is set", when I already wrote what I recently quoted again.Stopped reading at "our point" btw, because I don't imagine what else could be relevant to my initial question and acknowledgment here.

• Confused 1

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

Do you even read?

Nope, read what I wrote instead jumping on your holy crusade and eagerly repeating what was already pointed out by someone else a day before you hopped in. And what I already acknowledged AND quoted/explained again btw.

No you wrong. I hopped in well before today as you quote everything I say. You finally acknowledged it's a minor inconvenience which is our point but you still repeat 2 clicks over and over when even if it is 2 clicks it's 2 clicks x 20/50/2000 every time you swap from pvp to pve or back. It's your crusade bro. Explaining over and over vs 5 people but you agreed so idk man what is your issue with us having an issue with this minor inconvenience that you agreed was a minor inconvenience that keeps you here. Btw sometimes we hit post and what you posted goes above me because I'm not expecting you to be simultaneously posting while I'm writing.

Finally? I wrote that 20+ hours ago, calm down already lmao. I didn't notice you were a person wrriting here before, that's just confusing me even more as to why you claim "my mind is set", when I already wrote what I recently quoted again.

Not in this thread. Less then an hour ago them being more inconvenient was a personal opinion. I'm calm lol but you are confused or confused me so Im not sifting thru all you comments again. Gl on your crusade

What not in this thread? I quoted what I wrote in this thread, you're wrong, but keep going. :DIt is still personal opinion based on a singular situation which I also described here. Doesn't change the fact I already acknowledged here it can be a minor -2 clicks worth- inconvenience. And yes, it's still funny to me. Not sure what you're trying to fight here lmao.

• Confused 1

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi,

I'm closing this thread and redirecting everyone who wants to give feedback about Templates to that thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/91126/official-feedback-thread-about-build-and-equipment-templates

Feedback (positive or negative) goes in that thread. There are other threads discussing other aspects of the feature. We're just trying to make sure that the forums doesn't get overloaded with a lot of threads about the same topic.