Tutorial for Fractals, Raids, etc...?

@"SoulGuardian.6203" said:I would suggest to high lvl players to be more patience with newcomers, and as you can tell, it's very hard to type or read anything in chat box when you're trying to keep up with others that are miles ahead, not knowing where you are going, whilst being constantly attacked by enemies.And I would suggest that if you want to keep people from rushing, you set the appropriate expectations in your LFG."Newbies welcome" ..."not a speed run"...."watch the cutscenes if you like". Putting these phrases in your LFG listing easily sends a message to anyone looking for a fast clear that this team is not for them.Also, last but not least.For instance in fractals.Tier 3 or higher players should not be allowed in tier 1 and 2 maps, unless you are a commander or tutor.So I can't bring my hard carry healing tempest to T1 to support because I feel like doing t1's that day (like I do all time)?Good lord this statement is toxic.I know that logic dictates that you cannot only not tell people how to play, as it conflicts with freedom of choice, but....Right... of course not. You just want to tell them where to play.

@"SoulGuardian.6203" said:However, the "keep up or leave" method isn't doing low level players much justice, as all the rushing around, doesn't make you learn anything, and you don't get to collect half the rewards others do.I would suggest to high lvl players to be more patience with newcomers, and as you can tell, it's very hard to type or read anything in chat box when you're trying to keep up with others that are miles ahead, not knowing where you are going, whilst being constantly attacked by enemies.

If someone wants to learn they should join/form a group that is "for learning". Respecting the other person's time is important.

So, my suggestion to this would be a game mode within those 3 modes in which you have a tutor, let's say one of the pact members, and they will guide you through the chosen map, so you know where you're going.

That's what guild runs are for. Usually an experienced guild member will dedicate some of their time, teaching guild newcomers how to finish instanced content.

Tier 3 or higher players should not be allowed in tier 1 and 2 maps, unless you are a commander or tutor.

What kind of logic is this? Why force people to teach others? I wonder how did those players that know the content managed to do this back in the day when it was fresh and new. Were we all born with the knowledge to run the content?

Which are, if you get too far away from other party members, the entire party would die, forcing you all to respawn at the same spot.

Great way to disrespect someone's time and effort

I figure this is a joke, but i'm gonna bite anyway.

NPCs already act as tutors, exp players just rush ahead of them. Unless the tutor were to get the same speed boosts as players use (swiftness superspeed teleports etc) then it wouldn't solve it, and at that point they'd be running ahead of the newbs they intended to guide. My advice for learning HoT maps is actually to follow the events- it's really no different in dungeons and fractals.

I can see your frustration and I can sympathise. However, I think you are approaching it from the wrong angle. The problem you have in your groups is that the members are not on the same page in terms of what they expect from that particular dungeon or fractal. It's a communication issue between players and no amount of coding enforced restrictions would solve it. They would only create more discord and probably outrage.

As suggested before, try to make sure that all members of your party wants the same thing prior to starting the content. Set up your LFG with a clear message or speak your expectations when you join someone else's. If you keep silent and hope for the best you just set yourself up for possible disappointment.

Why is it easier to use the chat to complain that you are left behind than to say upfront that you want to watch the cutscenes in the dungeon?

Certain players do not read LFG descriptions, instructions in the groups or follow any specifications. If I want to teach a newbie well, I make a custom party without PUGs. Using guildmembers & friends only. Sometimes it might be even better to run an under-powered party of 2-4 players, as certain bosses might reveal some of their signature moves even in lower tiers (e. g. Sandbinders in Twilight Oasis, all bosses in the Nightmare Fractal). We may wipe sometimes, but the newbies can learn the mechanics in a relaxed atmosphere.

The ignorance is however not just a problem in training groups. Those players also appear in organized groups and mess around with unsuitable classes/builds or lacking knowledge about CC or boss-mechanics. Training runs are still useful, every player who is willing to sacrifice time to introduce new people into the mechanics is doing an awesome job and contributes a vital part to the community's skill and performance. The builds and guides are getting better and better, but many players just skip the rotation-section completely and/or think build = gear. Certain mechanics cannot be learned from watching videos only.

Pretty much agree with what everyone else has posted up above, but just wanted to add that there are a LOT of dedicated guilds that exist to help and teach people. They are super easy to find either on the forums, or in game through map-chat, or even a place like Reddit.

@"SoulGuardian.6203" said:Or at least there should be an option in LFG that you could tick various options in order to let people know what type of team you're running.

Umm..? You are able to make a dialog when you post an LFG. So post "training run" or "anyone welcome" "I/we are new". If YOU are the one joining the group, then you need to realise that they have set their own standards and should not have to slow down for you - you can ask, sure, but if you're wanting a slow paced group then you should always start your own. Nobody owes you their time, even if it's "nice" to help others.

This problem doesn't exist in PvP, were lack of teamwork and fellowship between 2 or more members emds 90% of the time in a trainwreck... I would say if a more experienced players want to carry the dungeon/fractal for you just let them to do the hard work. If you play not for the rewards but for the fun is better to do it with friends or solo (they are plenty of soloable "5 member team content").

Its because gw2 pve focus mainly on doing old things over and over again. While well done pve should focus on doing new things. But gw2 is missing new fast and regular content. Till today people do wing 1 (raid) for example. While its almost 5 years old. Now imagine doing TBC raids (from WoW) in 2019. They would have the same problem there. But they don't have that problem. Because every other mmo brings brand new content with every expansion. And because of that everyone starts from the begining there. With every expansion. And people don't care about old content anymore. So players learns together new content. While in gw2 there's huge wall between new and old players.

Pve of gw2 was bad designed from begining. Very naively. Remind first dungeons... And how those really worked these days. It was pathetic for players which played real pve before. In other games.

Gw2 was always more like a pvp designed game.

Edit:Also. Talking about being helpful for new players and all that stuff won't help at all. For longer period of time. Players here was already doing it for years. And this community is already well known as very helpful. And as we can see its pointless. Nothing changed. It just made a lot of veterans burn out and leave. You wont fix it by yourself when game design is bad. No matter what u do. Don't waste your time.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

I know that logic dictates that you cannot only not tell people how to play, as it conflicts with freedom of choice, but also that you have to finish the mission in order to obtain the final chest.Logic dictates that if you're up for a speedrun, watching cutscenes, having a casual run, or eating sand during your Priory scholar RP in AC, you put that in your lfg. If your party had newcomers and speedrunners in one place, I am positive that either of those groups should not be there.

I would suggest to high lvl players to be more patience with newcomers, and as you can tell, it's very hard to type or read anything in chat box when you're trying to keep up with others that are miles ahead, not knowing where you are going, whilst being constantly attacked by enemies.Again, learn basic english and you'll know that speedrun doesn't mean 'new players welcome'

Or at least there should be an option in LFG that you could tick various options in order to let people know what type of team you're running.There is such an option. It's called description

Simple question, have you actually bothered to tell people beforehand about your lack of experience and maybe asked them to slow down for your sake? They obviously would expect you to know the dungeon when you join any group asking for experienced players. And even if they aren't mentioning experience - with ancient content such as dungeons it is kind of a given anyone would assume you are experienced unless clearly announced as a newbie group.

People just need to be more specific on how they intend to run the dungeons in their LFG posts. They then need to also make sure to read the LFG descriptions as well.

If you’re going to skip trash then state so. If you’re going to take the additional time to kill everything on the way then state so.

Just because I haven't done much Fractals, doesn't mean that I'm not skillful.I have no problems whatsoever with doing any or keeping up with anybody, except when I don't know where I'm going and everyone just spreads out.So you see blue dots all over the place.

I can do almost, if not equal to someone who plays it all the time.

I just happened to have soloed all story mode dungeons.

I am referring to the point that some people just rush way ahead in fractals, leaving others behind.No matter if you are specific in LFG.Some people just simply don't care.

As I am a team player, I like to help others too.That's what an mmo is all about.Otherwise I'd go play FF.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:Just because I haven't done much Fractals, doesn't mean that I'm not skillful.I have no problems whatsoever with doing any or keeping up with anybody, except when I don't know where I'm going and everyone just spreads out.So you see blue dots all over the place.We're not talking being skillful, which by the way means you have aptitude for learning stuff like that, we're talking experience. If you see people spread and you don't know what you're supposed to do, you are not experienced.

@shejesa.3712 said:

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:Just because I haven't done much Fractals, doesn't mean that I'm not skillful.I have no problems whatsoever with doing any or keeping up with anybody, except when I don't know where I'm going and everyone just spreads out.So you see blue dots all over the place.We're not talking being skillful, which by the way means you have aptitude for learning stuff like that, we're talking experience. If you see people spread and you don't know what you're supposed to do, you are not experienced.

Hence my point exactly.If communication between players is zero to none existent, how are you suppose to know what you're doing?That's why I had the idea to make a tutorial mode.So players can learn the layout of the map and objectives.

What's the big deal?How does that interfere or affect experienced players in any way, shape or form?In fact, it would help players who are stranger to fractals, raids, etc to become familiarised with it and would become assets, rather than liabilities.

I see a few people are against it, but have no substantial logic to back up their oppinion.I stand by my oppinion, even though it will never happen, but I think I made my point across clear, with facts and logic.

But anyways, I'm going to try do the LFG thing, and see if actually brings in the desired players.

I do speak proper english, thanks very much.☺

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:Just because I haven't done much Fractals, doesn't mean that I'm not skillful.I have no problems whatsoever with doing any or keeping up with anybody, except when I don't know where I'm going and everyone just spreads out.So you see blue dots all over the place.

I can do almost, if not equal to someone who plays it all the time.

I just happened to have soloed all story mode dungeons.

I am referring to the point that some people just rush way ahead in fractals, leaving others behind.No matter if you are specific in LFG.Some people just simply don't care.

As I am a team player, I like to help others too.That's what an mmo is all about.Otherwise I'd go play FF.

The only hard stories are crucible of eternity and honor of the waves. Have you done them aswell? If yes then you shouldnt have any problems in t1-2 at all.Have you tried t1-3 fractals before going in t4? Players there usually dont know them either. Also do you use a dps meter to check if you are equal to experienced players? Also only one person has to trigger checkpoints in some fractals so sometimes a person rushing ahead tries just that.

@Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:Same, lfg issue again. Be it fractal, raid, dungeon, or even hp run.Gw2 lfg system sucks.

Maybe you're right... but...Maybe it's not the system in itself.People who can't seem to follow simple instructions... are the issue.

Most of the time you just get randoms anyways who don't bother reading or just simply don't care.

Also, I lost count how many times I placed lfgs for HPs and wait, and wait, and wait.

...and that's if some hero doesn't jump in with commander tag and steals your party, then does whatever it pleases with it.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"SoulGuardian.6203" said:Think a tutorial mode would be a good idea?

The "tutorial mode" is called joining a training run or even better, a guild

This isn't that easy. I've been looking for a guild that does training runs at a suitable time (8pm ST) for 2 months now.

I don't think there's that many guilds doing then and if they are, they're pretty full already.