mystic forge not working for some item — Guild Wars 2 Forums

mystic forge not working for some item

I tried to make the new Greatsword "Salvation" from the mystic forge, but it didn't work. The game selected my items, and let me know that this was a possible combination, but didn't return anything back to me :(

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvation_(weapon)

Tagged:

Comments

• Others have had success trying a different Mystic Forge.

Good luck.

• edited November 4, 2019

You currently won't be able to craft the Salvation greatsword if you're not using the Mystic Forge in Lion's Arch. It's something we'll probably change after the release of next Living World episode.

Stéphane Lo Presti
    Content Marketing Manager

• Still having this problem at the Mystic Forge in Lion's Arch. I'm using a Forged Greatsword.

• I had a similar issue when I was crafting BiFrost earlier. I was able to fix it by switching the order of the items being placed into the Mystic Forge. Its just what I observed, but it might be the fact that the order of the combined items may not be recognized sometimes.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@AgentMoore.9453 said:

Still having this problem at the Mystic Forge in Lion's Arch. I'm using a Forged Greatsword.

A lot of the PoF items are themselves also broken when it comes to the forge. They can't be used with the generic 4 exotics of the same type recipes either.

• yeah, sometimes the mf just refuses to work with the 'wrong' order. Switch the items around and it works.

• While we’re investigating a fix for that issue, there seems to be some possible workarounds. First, try changing the order of the ingredients to see if it works. If it doesn’t work, try leaving Lion’s Arch to play for a bit, before going back to the Lion Arch’s Mystic Forge to try again.

Stéphane Lo Presti
    Content Marketing Manager