All of a sudden I cannot use my "Return to Previous Map" skill

When I Equip my Travel Skills, then click on Travel to Major Cities, then select Return to My Previous Map, I get the error Message "You Do Not Have Access To This Map". I have used this skill many, many times and it has always worked. But not now. How do I fix this?

(BTW, I have logged in and out, rebooted, etc., several times, to no avail.)

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:I'm sorry but what is "travel skills" here? I was first thinking it was a somewhat strange way of referring to travel tomes, but it seems not...?

I assume the OP is in the Armistice Bastion. It's one of the 'lounges' - mini towns accessed with a gem store item like the Royal Terrace in Divinity's Reach.

One of the unique features that one has is that your skills are replaced with ones that let you teleport around the map or leave and go to a major city or return to where you were. (Most lounges have an NPC or asura gate which can send you to major cities, and only this one and the Mistlock Sanctuary can send you back where you were.)

@"Kabuki Theatre.9752" said:When I Equip my Travel Skills, then click on Travel to Major Cities, then select Return to My Previous Map, I get the error Message "You Do Not Have Access To This Map". I have used this skill many, many times and it has always worked. But not now. How do I fix this?

It's probably a bug, there's been quite a few bugs related to the recent update that introduced skill and equipment templates. If you haven't already make sure you submit a bug report in-game by going to Game Menu > Support > Report a bug. You won't get a personal response from Anet if you report it that way but it makes sure they're aware of it and can fix it.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:I'm sorry but what is "travel skills" here? I was first thinking it was a somewhat strange way of referring to travel tomes, but it seems not...?

I assume the OP is in the
. It's one of the 'lounges' - mini towns accessed with a gem store item like the Royal Terrace in Divinity's Reach.

One of the unique features that one has is that your skills are replaced with ones that let you teleport around the map or leave and go to a major city or return to where you were. (Most lounges have an NPC or asura gate which can send you to major cities, and only this one and the Mistlock Sanctuary can send you back where you were.)

Ah, ok! Neat!

What was the previous map in question? The way map instances work make tracking certain ones difficult (if not impossible), if they are ones that prone to expiring. Anything involving story instances, guild halls, most Festival activities built off PvP code, some festival maps, and a hand full of PvE maps which don't have a normal overflow behavior.

Knowing what that previous map was would go far in indicating if this is normal because of server maintenance actions (which force all maps to go on Death timer) or a new bug with the patch.

@Danikat.8537 said:

I assume the OP is in the
. It's one of the 'lounges' - mini towns accessed with a gem store item like the Royal Terrace in Divinity's Reach.

@"Kabuki Theatre.9752" said:When I Equip my Travel Skills, then click on Travel to Major Cities, then select Return to My Previous Map, I get the error Message "You Do Not Have Access To This Map". I have used this skill many, many times and it has always worked. But not now. How do I fix this?

It's probably a bug, there's been quite a few bugs related to the recent update that introduced skill and equipment templates. If you haven't already make sure you submit a bug report in-game by going to Game Menu > Support > Report a bug. You won't get a personal response from Anet if you report it that way but it makes sure they're aware of it and can fix it.

So, you are completely correct, and win the Gold Star of the day for figuring this out.

Yes, I'm in Armistice Bastion. I got permanent status here last year. I haven't seen it come up in the Gem Store again since then.Pity.It's a fabulous add-on. I'm very much into crafting and can come here in an instant to a single place with all my crafting needs needed.Plus, being able to just Zap outta some place instantaneously to a Neutral spot is invaluable.Might I recommend most highly getting one of these "homes" when they come up. You will never regret it.