Unable to purchase gems [Merged]

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone still having the same issue ? I tried purchasing today did not work so opening a ticket... p.pTBH if they cannot solve i do not see the point of keep playing, the appeal on gw 2 is some of the shop items we should have acess to, if they become unavailable then do not have a shop... seriously....Guess i'll wait to see what they say on my ticket...

@Phantoms Shadow.4512 said:

@Phantoms Shadow.4512 said:While I just submitted this issue as a ticket, I wanted to ask if other players are still having this problem.I wanted to buy enough Gems to purchase the Primal Spirit Skin for the Jackal but both Paypal and the Credit card option return a error of "Unfortunately an error occurred. Please try again later!" which just repeats every time I try to use either of these methods.

The mentioned skin is a time limited skin and because of this error I am going to be forced to miss out on this skin. I am really hoping that Anet gets back to me before this skin is gone, otherwise they just lost my money for buying gems. :(

I just got done with support; I'll save you the time of waiting for them to reply and tell you what they told me.

1) They can't reveal why their system flags people because that is a security risk. They also are entirely incapable of doing anything about it.2) Your only options are to buy gem cards from a third party distributor, or just... wait until the system decides you are trustworthy enough to spend money on the game.

That makes just...no sense. No literal sense. Because I've bought gems in the past, with no problems what so ever. In the last 6 months at most. So somehow, magically, the system is just now...flagging my account as being "untrustworthy"?

....What?While indeed that makes literal 0 sense, it fits perfectly to my personal experience with their CS team when it comes to payment issues. Don't expect logic. Or them believing quotes of professional full time bank employees...@"Hugedeal.5426" said:Is anyone still having the same issue ? I tried purchasing today did not work so opening a ticket... p.pTBH if they cannot solve i do not see the point of keep playing, the appeal on gw 2 is some of the shop items we should have acess to, if they become unavailable then do not have a shop... seriously....Guess i'll wait to see what they say on my ticket...Nothing changed on my side, trying every now and then, the error persists. Unfortunatly, there are still enough people submitting a ticket instead of voting with their wallet, making it less likely they actually try figuring out the root of the issue and solve it.I do agree that one of the major motivations that kept me playing was the opportunity to support the game every no and then with cash (and being able to determing the amount myself instead of having fixed monthly fees etc.), while being assured to get something usefull / appealing in return.Since this error/bug/whatever struck, I find myself playing this game less and less. Makes me kinda sad after being with the GW franchise since X-mas 2005 without any major breaks, but I guess that's just the way it is...

Out of curiosity- those who submitted a ticket and actually got their case solved, did any of you really got asked for any further details, or did they just fix it right away? Out of the few replies I found about it, it seems to be the latter, so I still don't believe Lo Presti's excuse for not investigating this error any further, cuz "every case is unique and we need additional information not suitable for a public forum".

From me it is easy if the ticket does not show my problem solved i am jumping the band wagon to another game, dunno which but as much as i like gw 2, it bothers me the state of what the game is becoming, they cant keep anything actually working anymore... some of the low level events been stuck and broken for more then a year now, which says a lot...

Here's a post from the Lead Game Master (Support Team):

LGM Dornsinger

Not being able to buy Gems can have a great number of reasons.

Your card is being rejectedYour bank refuses the purchase as suspiciousOur bank refuses the purchase as suspiciousYour firewall won't load the storeYou have hit a spending limit that needs to be resolved with DR via supportYour PayPal does not have a credit card linked and PP does not consider your account safe for the transactionPayPal refuses to allow the purchase based on their algorithmRarely, there's an actual issue with the server connections (though then we'd have about 100 people contact us within the hour about the issue, those spikes are very quickly seen and solved)

While I'd love to help on these, the best choice is always to submit a ticket to the Customer Support team. Make sure you select the support fields for purchase issues, not in-game, so that your ticket is with the right team!

Well, joining the throng here. Noticed the problem for the first time yesterday, though I haven't purchased in a few months. I have a secondary account and that was working fine (using the same info) so it's not my card or paypal. Main account still blocked, same messages, and today, so is the secondary account? Ticket submitted already. Certainly frustrating. It doesn't even get to the point of asking paypal. It's glitching out trying to load that 'we'll take you to paypal' page.shakes head slowly Ah well.With something this specific and clearly widespread. . . I do hope you can find the issue and fix it so it doesn't return/persist or pester others, Anet :D You guys are the best at bugs!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So what exactly is the issue here?

After a friend of mine wasn't able to purchase gems with both a valid credit card AND a valid PayPal account (both had sufficient funds), I myself attempted to do the same. I've never had an issue with purchasing gems in the past (albeit my last purchase was some time ago) and now I'm also receiving errors when attempting to make my purchase.

Is this being investigated? Is it not? Will I actually be able to make the purchases I'm looking to make before the Gem Store cycles again? Given that this thread exists in the first place and that both myself and my friend is having this problem, and that I've never had a problem before this, I find it difficult to believe this isn't an issue on ArenaNet's side. One would've thought the matter resolved at this point.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Each case is different; the best way to alleviate the issue is to contact the Billing CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck.

I've submitted a ticket and I'm awaiting a response; a bump for a thread that these forums clearly seem to require was a logical decision.

Implying that "each case is different" seems to suggest that this issue is on my side, but why would it be? As stated in my initial post, I've never had trouble purchasing gems in the past, and I've done so on several occasions. Would you like to explain WHY each case is different, or?