Power Druid?

RigoRHX.7390

I recently started playing Ranger, and has been using Soulbeast so far and having a fun time~But I have been wondering about the viability of a Power Druid.I know there are Condi Druid & of course the Raid-use healing Druid, but I personally am not a fan of condi-builds

So I wonder if there are any suggestions from ranger pros out there?

P.S. I do Open World stuff mostly these days~

You have understand that Druid is a net loss in personal damage, no matter the build. Its just that Condition builds are less hampered, since bleed are loaded in Skirmishing (which you usually take anyway), and Poison in wilderness survival (which can boost defenses on the side). Soulbeast offers additional passive damage modifiers for power, where as Druid's are stacking buffs that require a lot of upkeep to maintain.

Druids also suffered from from several nerfs that now require stat investment for any of their support skills to have potency. Healing without Healing power is so weak, Support SB pets and merged skills are actually stronger. All the might you generate doesn't upkeep well without Boon Duration bonuses. CA isn't designed to be used defensively, and its resource mechanic makes its availability spotty without investing in skills that give regeneration (and have a steady source of minor damage so it can tick).

Its not impossible to play..... its just incredibly frustrating now, since they purposefully dismantled its base line to force Raiders to invest stats into it. But if you do so, it takes away even more damage on top of your poor native damage scaling.

Despite working on similar damage buffs, both Ele and Guardian can work around this problem by their design being a lot more Hybrid friendly. Their support functions are also more inline to their overall class design, and their skills effects don't have the kind of "either/or" contention problem that is built into Ranger's design premise. Cele is a viable option for both classes, they scale better with any stats you give them, and they have a lot of mechanical ways to deal with problems; where as Ranger needs to build toward specific use cases, and treats it defenses more like a resource to be managed. Rangers SHOULD be mechanically friendly toward hybrid damage.... but their poor scaling and single threaded skill functionality undoes any potential outside of PvP.

I've been wanting to go back to Power Druid for a long time...... but soulbeast just offers so much better utility and damage, because Druid baseline healing is too weak, and most of their support abilities only function properly in static fights.

Even Power Firebrand would perform better- and thats a build that is difficult to make work right. Yet its still more satisfying and effective then Power Druid.