GW2 Promotion with Quiznos (Yes they still exist)

Also this fall, Quiznos is celebrating an epic new saga of gameplay for the multiplayer online role-playing game Guild Wars 2 with special reward codes available in-store. Quiznos guests will receive a card containing a unique code for in-game items in Guild Wars 2 with every order including at least one sub from November 1 through November 30, 2019, while supplies last.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191021005069/en/Quiznos-Reaches-Prime-Addition-Seasonal-Prime-Rib

Reddit thread says you get:

• 10 slot bag
  • Karma Booster
  • Experience Booster
  • Item Booster
  • Mini Icebrood Saga Ogre

The mini is unique only to this promotion.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it this is US only? Apparently there's still a few stores near me in the UK but these promotions are usually country-specific (except when that tea company apparently just assumed no one outside the USA has internet access) and since it doesn't specify in the article I assume this one is too.

@"mtpelion.4562" said:I thought Quiznos went under like a decade ago.

According to Wikipedia, they filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in 2014. They emerged from bankruptcy 2 months later, but apparently struggled until they were acquired by a new parent company in 2018. They currently have far less pervasiveness they had in 2006-2007, but are still multinational with stores all across North America, South America, and Asia.

And the closest one is... over 100 miles away. Yeah, not going to bother with this one.

I did recently find out that there is now a Kung Fu Tea not too far away. I went in there. It's ... not someplace I'd consider going back to, to put it kindly. I think ANet needs to reconsider who they're teaming up with for marketing, because these kind of associations are not a good look for them.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:This may be found interesting: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/quiznos/

(There's a discount coupon, as well.)

The fact that they've got Euro, British Pound and Ruble pricings is encouraging, it sounds like this promotion might actually be open to players outside the USA.

Although in practical terms it's not open to many people in the UK since all their remaining stores are in London, the bits of Kent and Essex which are basically London (sorry Stratford, but it's true) and Luton, which claims to be in London to trick people into flying into their airport.

@Menadena.7482 said:So basically a mini, the other stuff is pretty pointless to an 80. They could not spring for game codes like that tea promotion?

I'm pretty sure this promotion is an attempt to attract new players via Quiznos customers and not necessarily designed for current players with L80 characters. And it seems the promotion does include a code for $10 off Path of Fire (standard or deluxe) which if purchased would also include the core game and HoT. Anet didn't even announce it on their blog that I know of so again it seems it was meant to attract new players from those visiting Quiznos and not necessarily get current players to go to Quiznos.

There used to be several Quiznos within a 5-15 minute drive from where I live. I live close to a large city. Now I looked it up since I have not seen one in a while and kind of forgot they existed sort of like Blockbuster. The nearest is almost a 2 hour drive away. And about 3 more within about a half day drive. I've seen a few people on GW2 Reddit over the last week or so giving away codes. So maybe if an actual Quizons is hard to find keep an eye out there.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

@Menadena.7482 said:So basically a mini, the other stuff is pretty pointless to an 80. They could not spring for game codes like that tea promotion?

I'm pretty sure this promotion is an attempt to attract new players via Quiznos customers and not necessarily designed for current players with L80 characters. And it seems the promotion does include a code for $10 off Path of Fire (standard or deluxe) which if purchased would also include the core game and HoT. Anet didn't even announce it on their blog that I know of so again it seems it was meant to attract new players from those visiting Quiznos and not necessarily get current players to go to Quiznos.

There used to be several Quiznos within a 5-15 minute drive from where I live. I live close to a large city. Now I looked it up since I have not seen one in a while and kind of forgot they existed sort of like Blockbuster. The nearest is almost a 2 hour drive away. And about 3 more within about a half day drive. I've seen a few people on GW2 Reddit over the last week or so giving away codes. So maybe if an actual Quizons is hard to find keep an eye out there.

I didn't realise the promotion had already started, I was waiting for an announcement on the main GW2 site with more information, or at least some kind of acknowledgement that it exists beyond the terms and conditions added to the legal documentation page. It's not much of a promotion if you don't tell anyone it exists, especially when it's run in conjunction with a company everyone seems to have assumed shut down years ago.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Menadena.7482" said:So basically a mini, the other stuff is pretty pointless to an 80. They could not spring for game codes like that tea promotion?

I didn't realise the promotion had already started, I was waiting for an announcement on the main GW2 site with more information, or at least some kind of acknowledgement that it exists beyond the terms and conditions added to the legal documentation page. It's not much of a promotion if you don't tell anyone it exists, especially when it's run in conjunction with a company everyone seems to have assumed shut down years ago.

It's a long shot but I'm just going to throw this out there: if anyone has a code for the mini pet they don't want and are willing to give away please let me know.

Yeah I'm kind of confused as to when it started or if it has. The link in the OP of this thread says:

Also this fall, Quiznos is celebrating an epic new saga of gameplay for the multiplayer online role-playing game Guild Wars 2 with special reward codes available in-store. Quiznos guests will receive a card containing a unique code for in-game items in Guild Wars 2 with every order including at least one sub from November 1 through November 30, 2019

Well today is closing on the end November 1st and no official blog post that I have seen.

And Massivelyop reported on it today.

But people were sharing codes as early as 3 days ago:https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/dohia7/free_icebrood_saga_hero_bundle_codes/https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/dpyrkm/free_icebrood_sage_heros_bundle_codes/

It's possible those people work for Quiznos, the codes would probably have arrived in store ahead of the promotion starting and if they have enough the manager may not care (or even notice) if the staff take some. Or they could be the manager.

I just find it weird that apart from the legal info I can't find any mention of this on the GW2 website or on Quiznos websites (US or UK) and a search for 'Quiznos Guild Wars 2' brings up copies of the article linked in the first post, this forum topic, a Wiki user called Quiznos and then just generic results for GW2. After the mess that was the Kung-fu Tea promotion I won't be at all surprised if this one goes badly, but neither partner even telling anyone it's happening is especially bad.

@"Danikat.8537" said:It's possible those people work for Quiznos, the codes would probably have arrived in store ahead of the promotion starting and if they have enough the manager may not care (or even notice) if the staff take some. Or they could be the manager.

I just find it weird that apart from the legal info I can't find any mention of this on the GW2 website or on Quiznos websites (US or UK) and a search for 'Quiznos Guild Wars 2' brings up copies of the article linked in the first post, this forum topic, a Wiki user called Quiznos and then just generic results for GW2. After the mess that was the Kung-fu Tea promotion I won't be at all surprised if this one goes badly, but neither partner even telling anyone it's happening is especially bad.

Quiznos does have a page up:

http://www.quiznos.com/guild-wars-2

It seems GW2 and Anet not so much. Which once again makes me think this promotion is to gain new customers that visit Quiznos and not send players to them. That is unless the plan was to confuse GW2 players enough that they talk about it, remember Quiznos even exists and look for locations near them. In that case it seems we fell for it. :tongue:

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:Is it Canada? There is a like 4 quiznos within walking distance from me

Then get walking and find out. :tongue:

Don't forget to report back for your fellow GW2 Canadians. Oh and send @Danikat.8537 an extra code if you get one. I think they really like collecting minis from what I have read on the forums over the years. :)