Anet balance this game properly please.

Ocean.1469

You need to stop nerfing one or two things on a build because you will just gut the build and something else will arise. All you do is nerf one thing half the time so people just stop using it completely but you don't think about or suggest what they should play instead. You must think about the consequence of what you are doing and what builds will take over if you gut things.

This classes need heavily tweaking across all skills and traits, play with the numbers and bring them down overall so a new meta doesn't take over. Why not poll what builds people want and work your balancing around making those favourite builds meta like d/p theif and portal mesmer for example, there is no reason why they can't be part of the meta. You need to find 3 builds for each class that people like to play and make making those builds good your concern not just nerfing stuff so its a constant loop of killing a couple of things and the whole meta changes into some new cancer.

Talk to the best players of the game as well why don't you do this? They would all like to have something to say but you never communicate with them at all, never replying to them or trying. I feel all you do is really show a face when the going gets rough, really need to start doing more to communicate with the better players of this game, the veterans know the game and pvp better than anyone and know what is good for making it a healthy game mode where we have balance across the board from builds themselves to how they fit into compositions.

All I know is that jump dodge condi thief needs to go. It's a toxic build with not many counters and a disgusting amount of condi damage for just jumping around.

You should either have mass life ending conditions that you can give or.... have unending evading, dodging, hiding and going invulnerable. Not both

@Ocean.1469 said:Talk to the best players of the game as well why don't you do this?

Why don't you ask Helseth next time he does a random stream what happened when the best players got asked about nerfing chronobunker. Then you will have your answer as to why talking to the best players is as useless as anything else and of course that was back when the best players were actually good, unlike now.

Beyond that to actually get even vaguely decent balance in this game they would need to redesign the skill/trait system so it is easier to balance one elite without screwing up the other elite and core, but given it takes Anet an age to do anything, that is extremely unlikely.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:It would be nice if d/p was meta for a while but it' lacks to much burst at the moment but if sustain gets nerfed across the board maybe that will be enough for it to slip into meta

Yeah but this is what I mean why don't they poll what the players actually want and balance around that but balance to make something meta not nerfing it because of people whining you know? Stop look at the issue and say yeah ok we have to delete the issue, no, make some options and poll it to the players, make several tweaks instead of just gutting the builds with one nerf like hello?

@"Ziggityzog.7389" said:All I know is that jump dodge condi thief needs to go. It's a toxic build with not many counters and a disgusting amount of condi damage for just jumping around.

You should either have mass life ending conditions that you can give or.... have unending evading, dodging, hiding and going invulnerable. Not both

Yeah of course if you watch the last couple hours of this stream you will understand and see what is wrong with the game right now, anet will kill this game if they do not begin to understand this. Really great stream one of his best one which showcase how he and a lot of the community feel about the game right now. He talk a lot of when the game was good and there was counter play and it was a pleasure to watch.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/493161038?filter=archives&sort=time

@zinkz.7045 said:

@Ocean.1469 said:Talk to the best players of the game as well why don't you do this?

Why don't you ask Helseth next time he does a random stream what happened when the best players got asked about nerfing chronobunker. Then you will have your answer as to why talking to the best players is as useless as anything else and of course that was back when the best players were actually good, unlike now.

Beyond that to actually get even vaguely decent balance in this game they would need to redesign the skill/trait system so it is easier to balance one elite without screwing up the other elite and core, but given it takes Anet an age to do anything, that is extremely unlikely.

Yeah I can understand this bro they need to work harder at it and keep communicate it is not something which can be done in 5 minutes. I get what you are saying though Anet think they can just change a few things and walk away from it for months on end, they need to bring people on board properly and sort this game out before they push it off to sea.

Balance will be a constant issue if they bring more expansion. We don't need full balance though just something which has fairly balanced and counter-play so we can actually make a difference in games instead of just seeing each others composition and knowing yup its GG this game pretty much every other game is decided like this.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:All I know is that jump dodge condi thief needs to go. It's a toxic build with not many counters and a disgusting amount of condi damage for just jumping around.

U know it's funny I play the s/d condi build for 3 months and get destroyed by holo's and weaver and guards cuz they have ur burst and condi,holo has the power burst but 10 times the sustain. Than I jump on warrior and fair way better after playing the toon as a whole a few months lmao yeah thief's so op.And I am not saying warrior needs nerfs cuz it doesnt, except rampage and maybe 25% vs barriers (not 7%) lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:All I know is that jump dodge condi thief needs to go. It's a toxic build with not many counters and a disgusting amount of condi damage for just jumping around.

U know it's funny I play the s/d condi build for 3 months and get destroyed by holo's and weaver and guards cuz they have ur burst and condi,holo has the power burst but 10 times the sustain. Than I jump on warrior and fair way better after playing the toon as a whole a few months lmao yeah thief's so op.And I am not saying warrior needs nerfs cuz it doesnt, except rampage and maybe 25% vs barriers (not 7%) lol

What if I told you that you are a better war/ranger then you are a thief?

Lol linking a video from a sp so teef isn't worth much. I dont need advice or to watch a video from a self proclaimed god streamer to realize some builds are just broken.

When you have a class build (many out there) that can block or dodge, or evade, or go invulnerable while also spewing unending conditions that kill others in seconds unless your whole build is condition clearing. There is a problem.

Also for fun when you have a game mode like circlequest where speed and running aroun decapping is when is required more so then actual skill. There is a issue.

Hell just get a thief with just a bow and no secondary weapon. You can easily win a circlequest map just teleporting around.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:Lol linking a video from a sp so teef isn't worth much. I dont need advice or to watch a video from a self proclaimed god streamer to realize some builds are just broken.

When you have a class build (many out there) that can block or dodge, or evade, or go invulnerable while also spewing unending conditions that kill others in seconds unless your whole build is condition clearing. There is a problem.

Also for fun when you have a game mode like circlequest where speed and running aroun decapping is when is required more so then actual skill. There is a issue.

Hell just get a thief with just a bow and no secondary weapon. You can easily win a circlequest map just teleporting around.

Lmao u guys keep going on like classes are so slow these days its pathetic, most classes may not be able to match these but most can stay pretty close behind if played well

@"Ziggityzog.7389" said:Lol linking a video from a sp so teef isn't worth much. I dont need advice or to watch a video from a self proclaimed god streamer to realize some builds are just broken.

I think it might be a little bit luck, but I actually have a video of that. Im also naked and have not utilities and only one traitline filled out, zereker amulet too LOL.

https://youtu.be/5t9Zjh6jEMQ

@Ocean.1469 said:You need to stop nerfing one or two things on a build because you will just gut the build and something else will arise. All you do is nerf one thing half the time so people just stop using it completely but you don't think about or suggest what they should play instead. You must think about the consequence of what you are doing and what builds will take over if you gut things.

This classes need heavily tweaking across all skills and traits, play with the numbers and bring them down overall so a new meta doesn't take over. Why not poll what builds people want and work your balancing around making those favourite builds meta like d/p theif and portal mesmer for example, there is no reason why they can't be part of the meta. You need to find 3 builds for each class that people like to play and make making those builds good your concern not just nerfing stuff so its a constant loop of killing a couple of things and the whole meta changes into some new cancer.

Talk to the best players of the game as well why don't you do this? They would all like to have something to say but you never communicate with them at all, never replying to them or trying. I feel all you do is really show a face when the going gets rough, really need to start doing more to communicate with the better players of this game, the veterans know the game and pvp better than anyone and know what is good for making it a healthy game mode where we have balance across the board from builds themselves to how they fit into compositions.

This just screams ignorance on how games are balanced. Popularity contests aren't how you balance a game. There is no way that anet devs have enough time to play every single build to try to meta game varieties of builds to be competitive at the same time. Every single MMO pvp is balanced by buff/nerfing for this reason. If a build starts overperforming, you nerf it. So long as you don't consistently rework things, you end up with a reasonably flat power level across a variety of classes. If Anet had been more diligent in their PVP balancing and been nerfing OP builds before they go multiple seasons overperforming, we might be close to that level.

What do you suggest? Buffing classes? Thats just going to generate more OP builds and lower TTK. You are going to run into the Rampage War problem where a rework ends up being OP and needing nerfs later. This game does NOT need a lower TTK.

Portal mes is inherently broken on a 3 cap map. You can leave a port at the opposing home and port to it whenever the defender leaves, letting you +1 points with impunity. There is no way to balance it.

D/P backstab thief builds on years of buffing to end up with a build that is not fun for most classes to face. Glass cannons get 1-shot and even some classes with vitality (guards) will get downed before they have any time to react. This is not positive gameplay. No, no i'm fine with backstab thief not being top teir.

Anet can easily gather metric data that is far more useful than any 'talk to the pros' conversation would ever generate. Damage/game, win%, damage/time in combat, average TTK, distance killed enemy has to ally (team fight metric), ect. If they chose to and how they act upon it is something we can criticize, but talking with some select group of high ranked 'pros' (many of whom manipulated the ranking system to get there) is an awful idea.

The game is in a rather healthy state compared any days prior, if you can't make that out then try playing something else. If not, it isn't for you sorry.

You won't shape the games flow at your will, it's up to you shaping to it. In or out the meta. If I can play around the pro's shenanigans doing what I want, you can surely grab a decent build to be successful yourself!

@Zephoid.4263 said:

@"Ocean.1469" said:You need to stop nerfing one or two things on a build because you will just gut the build and something else will arise. All you do is nerf one thing half the time so people just stop using it completely but you don't think about or suggest what they should play instead. You must think about the consequence of what you are doing and what builds will take over if you gut things.

This just screams ignorance on how games are balanced. Popularity contests aren't how you balance a game. There is no way that anet devs have enough time to play every single build to try to meta game varieties of builds to be competitive at the same time. Every single MMO pvp is balanced by buff/nerfing for this reason. If a build starts overperforming, you nerf it. So long as you don't consistently rework things, you end up with a reasonably flat power level across a variety of classes. If Anet had been more diligent in their PVP balancing and been nerfing OP builds before they go multiple seasons overperforming, we might be close to that level.

What do you suggest? Buffing classes? Thats just going to generate more OP builds and lower TTK. You are going to run into the Rampage War problem where a rework ends up being OP and needing nerfs later. This game does NOT need a lower TTK.

Portal mes is inherently broken on a 3 cap map. You can leave a port at the opposing home and port to it whenever the defender leaves, letting you +1 points with impunity. There is no way to balance it.

D/P backstab thief builds on years of buffing to end up with a build that is not fun for most classes to face. Glass cannons get 1-shot and even some classes with vitality (guards) will get downed before they have any time to react. This is not positive gameplay. No, no i'm fine with backstab thief not being top teir.

Anet can easily gather metric data that is far more useful than any 'talk to the pros' conversation would ever generate. Damage/game, win%, damage/time in combat, average TTK, distance killed enemy has to ally (team fight metric), ect. If they chose to and how they act upon it is something we can criticize, but talking with some select group of high ranked 'pros' (many of whom manipulated the ranking system to get there) is an awful idea.

Metric data hahaha dude that's why we have neoliberalism today. Because governments across the world rely on statistics to "balance" the world we end up having corporations taking over and destroying everything because a statistic only looks at the loudest things and not the truth.

Your funny dude Anet have a pvp team being paid to work on this game, if they don't have time to play all the builds or talk to the people that play the game to balance the game a bit better then they must be having some fun google parties going on....

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Ziggityzog.7389" said:Lol linking a video from a sp so teef isn't worth much. I dont need advice or to watch a video from a self proclaimed god streamer to realize some builds are just broken.

I think it might be a little bit luck, but I actually have a video of that. Im also naked and have not utilities and only one traitline filled out, zereker amulet too LOL.

I dont have the patience for that. Sir you are a true hero for showing what everyone already knew lol Speed > skill in gw2 conquest. ?

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:polls are a bad idea. talking to top players is a bad idea. people are biased or ignorant of what needs changing. the only way this moves forward is if there is someone competent at the helm of pvp/ wvw balancing.

I agree. Some "Top" players are too ignorant imo to provide decent advice. Even leaderboards have bots in them now a days so those who are top players may only be scrubs (some who main only 1 class may not actually know what changes need to happen from other classes standpoint). That being said, there are some top players that have useful input and hasnt let the top player status inflate their ego/epeen.

https://youtu.be/5t9Zjh6jEMQ

That's sad but actually very true. Even with full traits and utilities and second weap it's a waste of time. Anet turned thief only into a decap bot. At this point i think it's best to just take shortbow and focus on that and stop pretending we can actually fight. Cuz when u try to actually engage in fights u always end up dying or wasting time on a node. Even your team will get mad at you if you're actually fighting someone for longer then 3secs and tell you not to waste time and go cap/decap. And i still remember days when we were able to properly 1v1 and hold a node as marauder/zerker thief.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

1) Weaver and guardian (non-DH) are extremely good against thieves. Particularly core guard with their root. You can out-maneuver and out-skill both of them, but it'll take more time than you'd want to spend.

2) You should beat warrior in a 1v1 scenario and having access to most of your cooldowns. You should be able to at least make holos spend their Elixir U and reset the fight. The way they win the fight is via stunlock, but if you can Flanking Strike and steal their boons during their aftercasts, it can turn into a cakewalk unless the holo's really good.

3) Rampage is an auto-win button against most classes, and you should break some distance between the two of you as soon as you see it activated, unless you've got initiative to spend on dodging.

4) 'disgusting amount of condi damage for just jumping around' is wrong. A lot of the burst comes from landing Steal and stacking Spider Venom (-infuced attacks).

I do find thieves fairly easy on apellbreaker. Honestly I don't find any spec in the game even now to be crazy op other than holo. Some are definitely OP but u can usually find ways to deal with them. Holo is literally the most OP spec I've seen in this game in the last 5 years. Its absolutely ridiculous that these new "professional devs" are hitting select few (needed) classes with heavy nerfs but just like the old devs slap holo's on the wrist. They literally give the most blatently OP spec the slightest nerfs.Good job!