[merged] Suggestions about Guild Wars 2 Templates

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dante.1508 said:

@Dante.1508 said:I'm finding it hard to make more than one build per class because so many weapons and builds are terrible.. They nerfed so much i can find more than one build.

Well what classes are you looking for mate?

OWPVE Druid spec, a non sword condition warrior spec, Guardian tank build..

No you said classes only had 1 build not that you you wanted to focus on the most narrowly defined spec of said class to make it really hard to even make more then 1 build

Ranger got power druid, condi druid, condi sb, power sb, power ranger, condi ranger so 6 specs atleast.Guardian power dh, condi brand, power quick brand, healing quick brand, core guardian power not sure if condi core is anything to brag about. So 5 builds you can build a tanky guardian if you like but I dont see were it would see use since healing firebrand can tank if it wants.Warrior condi banner berserker, power banner berserker, condi berserker dps, berserker healer ( with the new change its not a bad spec but raid or party would have to build around it) core warrior are better at cc then the others and you got core power and condi specs aswell. thats 7 specs and could be more if we go into spellbreaker but I dont know that one very well.

So owpve druid go any way you want power or condi dont really matter.Only condi core warrior you would be able to use is longbow it aint bad just do it.For tank guardian I would go Valor Honor Virtues with mace focus and staff as weapons prob go shouts for the buffs or meditations.

@otto.5684 said:I suggest they are removed. We had “more” templates before the actual build templates were implemented.

Nope : all non arcdps users have now more loadouts than before plus the new template features.

Before we had 1 loadout per game mode and 0 template. Now you have 3 loadouts to handle as you wish across game modes plus 6 templates.

What is lost is the auto swapping between game modes and how legendary gear resets, if you swap out of a gear template. That should be the first thing to fix in my opinion.

The naming also adds to the confusion : loadouts are not templates and a build is not just trait and skills, it also includes gear.

For skills and traits, they should have make a tutorial :

• use 2 of the 3 free loadouts for the skills and traits combination you use most often.

• don't use different loadouts if the change is minimal (1 or 2 skills and traits). Do it manually on the same loadout in that case.

• use the 3rd free loadout to load in from the Account wise template storage panel, where you would have stored the builds you play less often. If you just play with 3 sets of skills and traits, then just use thar 3rd loadout for your 3rd set. No need to use the account wide template storage feature.

@Hugs.1856 said:

@"otto.5684" said:I suggest they are removed. We had “more” templates before the actual build templates were implemented.

Nope : all non arcdps users have now more loadouts than before plus the new template features.

Before we had 1 loadout per game mode and 0 template. Now you have 3 loadouts to handle as you wish across game modes plus 6 templates.

What is lost is the auto swapping between game modes and how legendary gear resets, if you swap out of a gear template. That should be the first thing to fix in my opinion.

The naming also adds to the confusion : loadouts are not templates and a build is not just trait and skills, it also includes gear.

• use 2 of the 3 free loadouts for the skills and traits combination you use most often.
  • don't use different loadouts if the change is minimal (1 or 2 skills and traits). Do it manually on the same loadout in that case.
  • use the 3rd free loadout to load in from the Account wise template storage panel, where you would have stored the builds you play less often. If you just play with 3 sets of skills and traits, then just use thar 3rd loadout for your 3rd set. No need to use the account wide template storage feature.

No they are not. They are two per character (unless you spend gems) and require manual switching when playing different game modes. Unless there will be separate templates per game mode, this so called "feature" is nothing more then a cheap gimmick to siphon gems from players, for an already existing feature. And makes the functionality way worse (auto switching >>>>> manual switching).

Not to mention, we will have to manually re-do builds across at least a dozen of characters, that we already had setup before.

Anet needs to remove build templates, and fix this s*** show before implementing it again.

I would need to gain something in order to find it worth using the cumbersome template system, and one missing use case was clear when we lost the old build system which changed automatic when you entered/exited wvw. That was useful. Thus having a mechanism to tell a template to autoload when entering wvw, a raid wing, fractals or some other granularity of location would add some value to the system.

1) Do away with separate build storage and (character locked) build templates. Make it like GW1 where a created build template can be loaded by any character of the same profession. A build template for other professions should be greyed out.

2) Let us save unlimited build templates on our own computers. This shouldn’t cost gems.

3) Let us pay gems to save the build templates on Anet’s servers. Maybe something like 1,000 gems for every 50 slots or so, I don’t know.

4) Let players mark builds for different modes and have the game auto-load the last used mode specific build upon changing modes.

@otto.5684 said:

@otto.5684 said:I suggest they are removed. We had “more” templates before the actual build templates were implemented.

No they are not. They are two per character (unless you spend gems) and require manual switching when playing different game modes. Unless there will be separate templates per game mode, this so called "feature" is nothing more then a cheap gimmick to siphon gems from players, for an already existing feature. And makes the functionality way worse (auto switching >>>>> manual switching).

Not to mention, we will have to manually re-do builds across at least a dozen of characters, that we already had setup before.

Anet needs to remove build templates, and fix this s*** show before implementing it again.

This is just not true.

For skills and traits, the combination of the 3 loadouts per character plus the 6 Account wide templates make it so anyone not using arcdps is better off in terms of number of templates / loadouts compared to before.

There just is no way that this new feature could have forced you to re-do builds across characters.

On the other hand, losing the auto swap per game mode is definitely a step back.

The perfect system would have been account bound skills, traits and gear templates, linked together with the same auto swap per game mode as before.

If Anet still wants to go with the loadouts route for whatever reason, then only monetizing these loadouts (Both skills/traits and gear) while keeping the account bound skills and traits templates free would have been much better received - even with the current limits of the system.

While I've made a full list already, I'd like to point out that my no.1 priority is for the behavior of legendary gear to change back to normal (i.e., no ejecting of upgrades and infusions upon unlinking a legendary item). This can only be achieved by removing the "feature" of upgrades being placed as separate entities in the equipment storage. Please leave them in their current armor piece and weapon, there is no need for "double-usage" of any of them.

@Hugs.1856 said:

This is just not true.

For skills and traits, the combination of the 3 loadouts per character plus the 6 Account wide templates make it so anyone not using arcdps is better off in terms of number of templates / loadouts compared to before.

There just is no way that this new feature could have forced you to re-do builds across characters.

On the other hand, losing the auto swap per game mode is definitely a step back.

The perfect system would have been account bound skills, traits and gear templates, linked together with the same auto swap per game mode as before.

If Anet still wants to go with the loadouts route for whatever reason, then only monetizing these loadouts (Both skills/traits and gear) while keeping the account bound skills and traits templates free would have been much better received - even with the current limits of the system.

?!Arcdps is a third party software. I do not care if it makes the game flies. It is not part of GW2 game files.It is 2, not 3 per character.If you had separate builds in PvE, sPvE and WvW, only the build that is on the first time you log in, per character, becomes build 1 and the others will require resetting up.Of course, requiring manual swamping per game mode.

For the millionth time, either have separate build templates per game mode or give me the option to use the old system. This current bull s*** needs fixing and ASAP.

An idea nZPUKCY.jpg

I know for some, the icons above is not an issue. They remember the build under each icons. But If you start to have ~20 characters with very differents gameplay and builds, worst if you invest in more slots,4-5-6 builds per characters personnaly I don't.I like readibility, I don't want to search one by one the build I need, the cursor on each icon to read the name... and something like this would be more ergonomics.