advice with class (newplayer)

noiwk.2760

hey guys. i've been in the game for about 1 week... i made Scourge support and i was really happy with it untill today patch with the changes to how Scourge sand shade works i feel like this build and Scourge isnt really worth playing for anything aside from WvW anymore.
so im thinking about quitting from Necro.. i need advice about class to play that it isnt way tooo hard to learn to play and that is doing well in stuff like Fracts / dungeons rraids .. all these groups action . thank you ! if there is any Scourge main around that tried the new patch i would love to have feedback about it. thanks for help!

Warrior, whether it's core, berserker or spellbreaker is viable in end-game PvE content and it's one of three beginner friendly professions. Ranger and necromancer are the other two beginner friendly professions and since you mentioned that you don't like playing scourge after the 1st of October balance patch, either try out reaper, druid or soulbeast. Viable core builds for ranger and necromancer are still being made since the elite specializations are doing better than the core professions at the moment. The rest of the professions aren't as beginner friendly and they all have a higher learning curve, core engineer having the highest in the game and elementalist having the second highest.

i see thanks guys ! thing is meta battle and crow are still not updated for 1st of October. i dont need the class to be super easy.. and i dont look to do just open world farming but focus on Fracts + Dungeos + raids. i do like Wvw and pve aswell but i can make class just for these i guess i don t expect 1 class to be good at everythingalso i tried warrior and it felt not smooth idk how to explain but core warrior felt meh.. boring aswell.

guys i decided to make Power Tempest any tips and advices? i see different builds on meta battles and crow.
i do have some questions why spacter and horne? and why water element if its not healer ? is earth worth it for defensive? how the class concept work?thank you!

I run Dagger and focus on my power tempest. For the build I run Air (3,2,2), Arcane (2,3,1), and (of course) Tempest (1,3,2). I haven't updated it from before the October 1 update, but, it works for me. Armor is all berserkers with mostly marauder's trinkets. Moving to this build and weapon set made it much easier to break defiance bars and staying on my feet dealing damage. It works for me and has taken me back to enjoying tempest more than I have in quite a long time.

You may also want to go look at Wooden Potatoes' recent open world build video on YouTube. It's also a power tempest build, though he goes scepter warhorn, IIRC.

thank yoiu for the video its a very good and helpful one. i actually do enjoy ele i find it fun. my only issue is that its s super glass cannon class . it dies so fast small mistake and its dead it got basically 0 survive.. seems like its more a class for when you have a support. or maybe im mistaken?

@noiwk.2760 said:thank yoiu for the video its a very good and helpful one. i actually do enjoy ele i find it fun. my only issue is that its s super glass cannon class . it dies so fast small mistake and its dead it got basically 0 survive.. seems like its more a class for when you have a support. or maybe im mistaken?

This is going to depend on your gear.If you choose a stat set with some vitality like Marauder and try the build in WP's video it's decently sturdy. If you play it for straight damage then yes, you would want some kind of mitigation by way of someone else leading attacks and taking the alpha strikes, or someone healing you.For a new player I would highly suggest that build and Marauder gear. After that it's a matter of learning the flow of combat and positioning.

i see :) well.. im more into playing in groups than solo anyway.. i guess if i wanted solo. i could stick to necromancer maybe even condition no sand shade melee Scourge with new death magic . low damage but probably best survive and good solo potential?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Aissia.2965 said:

@miguelsil.6324 said:for pvp and wvw do not go for necro if you intend on maybe run smallscale or solo. if you have babysitters with you go ahead.

Just curious, why not necro? And, what do you suggest for WvW?

Probably because necro can be so slow. Though in group play, I think Scourges are used a lot for their barriers. Especially after playing on my mirage, my reaper feels really sluggish. Still love her for open world and dungeons though.

• Like 1

@Aissia.2965 said:

@miguelsil.6324 said:for pvp and wvw do not go for necro if you intend on maybe run smallscale or solo. if you have babysitters with you go ahead.

Just curious, why not necro? And, what do you suggest for WvW?

Necros are easy targets when you are alone and im smal groups too if you dont have babysitters when you get focused. There isnt enough damage denials or escapes. But its fun to play when the enemy allows you to.

• Like 1