GW2 Promotion with Quiznos (Yes they still exist)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a Quiznos 15 minutes away from somewhere I'm going tonight. Not sure if I am up for buying an expensive sub to get a code for only a new mini I probably won't use and a couple of boosters. I kind of feel like they made the offer less exciting for current players expressly because they didn't want a repeat of the KFT outrage. Tossing in a guaranteed wardrobe unlock or a couple hundred gems would have sold me on it. Maybe I will leave it for the hardcore mini collectors and newbies who can use the $10 off PoF code.

The sub does look pretty tasty, though...

If I go, I will report back. ^^

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Went to Quiznos and didn't get anything. Their screens were advertising the promotion though.

Did you ask them about it?

Edit: Sorry maybe I misunderstood your post. Do you mean you went to Quiznos and bought something but didn't get anything related to the promotion or you went there but didn't buy anything?

I went there and bought a sub but didn’t get the promotional card with the code. I guess I could have asked but assumed it would have been included automatically. To be honest, the sub wasn’t worth what they were charging so I probably won’t go back.

@Palador.2170 said:And the closest one is... over 100 miles away. Yeah, not going to bother with this one.

I did recently find out that there is now a Kung Fu Tea not too far away. I went in there. It's ... not someplace I'd consider going back to, to put it kindly. I think ANet needs to reconsider who they're teaming up with for marketing, because these kind of associations are not a good look for them.

Just out of curiosity, what about KFT impacted you like that?

I was going to go to Quiznos today as part of errands but apparently per Google Maps they aren't open on Sundays, at least not the one 11 miles from me in a place I don't normally go, and the others are further away and in much worse traffic areas. Since I'm mostly a stay-at-home person these days, I may or may not have another opportunity to go try a sub from them while the GW2 supplies last.

@"Ashen.2907" said:

Just out of curiosity, what about KFT impacted you like that?

It was small and cramped, with no decor at all. It was just ... almost white. Two small metal tables with two uncomfortable looking chairs each were crammed into a small space up front, but it would have been very crowded to actually have 4 people there. There was a narrow hallway leading back to what I assume would have to be a restroom area, with a wall seperating that from the food prep area. And the way it was all set up, you can't really see much, if any, of the food prep. There were 4 people there that were apparently employes (at least that's what I hope they were), though only one or two appeared to be working at that time.

Also, there's a food place in a nearby mall that does basically the same stuff as KFT in a food prep area as small or smaller, AND they also do these ice cream sundays that are made by putting hard ice cream into a shaving device, and wind up looking like something you'd see in an anime once all the toppings and such are on. And for about the same price (on the drinks), too. When the chain place comes across as second rate compared to the independent, that's not good at all.

I also got a very strong feeling of "Why are you here making us do our job?', but that might have just been me.

Nearest Quiznos to me is over 12 miles through a ton of US east coast traffic, which means it might as well be 40 miles anywhere else. And you actually physically have to go to the store to buy something to get the code? Excuse me Anet, but this is the internet age. We should get the kitten code by the app or online. Not to mention that Quiznos is a sinking ship of a chain to be associated with. Bad, bad setup.

With a quick map search of my major metropolitan area, there are 18 permanently closed Quiznos stores near me. The closest open store is 2 hours away. Was this the best choice for a promotion? Is there ever going to be an alternative?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. And I used to eat Quiznos for lunch occasionally. But 1,000 of their stores closed years ago. The accessibility just isn't there.

Apparently some locations are not even honoring the promotion so maybe you are not missing anything. From this thread:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1089163/

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I went there and bought a sub but didn’t get the promotional card with the code. I guess I could have asked but assumed it would have been included automatically. To be honest, the sub wasn’t worth what they were charging so I probably won’t go back.

@KeeperOfTheArt.1926 said:DC residents are out of luck, the C street location, the only one in the district, doesn’t have them. I might try the Bethesda location if it’s convenient. If I do I’ll let you guys know if they have them

@KThallus.7402 said:The Quizno's in my neighborhood in San Jose (Silicon Valley), CA did not have them guess I will try another location tomorrow, but I did get the sandwiches. Arenanet do you have a list of participating locations?