Unbalanced Elementalist Combo

Landahar.5196

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game is not balanced around how long it takes to kill when the encounter is standing still doing nothing as this is a game that promotes active gameplay.

Every build with a stunbreak and a dodge ready will survive that ele for more than 1 second and even far more when counterpressuring aka playing the game. Fresh air has clear tradeoffs.

If two players in your team are aware of it and focus it as soon as it shows up in a fight, it becomes useless instantly. In such a scenario (called teamplay) your 30k hp necro is way more valuable for a team.

I'm sorry, but you'll have to get better at it.

It's even baffling considering that you have the biggest health pool in the game with your shroud, maybe try reacting with a defensive utility? That would help.

Because you have high health doesn't mean you can just stand there and laugh at people with it. Less than 1 second? I'd like to have video footage of that happening, until then I don't believe it. Even Mesmers ambushing me at 24k health leave me with like 2k to react before the final hit. Can even just dodge, Daze doesn't stop you from it.

Fresh air weaver cant do 30k damage in 1s in spvp even in full berserk + scholar + sigil of seperation + triple arcane damage util.and as a necro, the second you put weakness or chill on that thing all its damage goes to shit. That is on top just dodge 4head.

If you meant the meme 30k churning earth + LF then I'd have to say you have no idea what balance even is because that's something which is literally full glass, requires long channeling, can't stealth, and can't be done from behind a wall. It's so bad that if someone were to label it "cheese", it's a build that cheeses its own team instead by making them 4v5.

next time figure out what's really going on first before you whine on the forums.

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Weaver has a few more weeks under the radar.

Thanks @Paradoxoglanis.1904 for the build confirm!

I don't believe this build will be touched tho, not directly

We'll prolly see some nerfs to spin of fate and water and earth 2, fireweaver will prolly be deleted and everybody ia gonna play menders again

I don't think this one will be touched, you are right.

I doubt anything will happen to weavers for a bit as there are much bigger fish to fry.

Imagine crying about FA, lol. I agree, fireweaver is some kind of an issue and could be slightly nerfed, but rest of Weaver builds...man, ANet proved many times that they have no idea how to balance ele. Either its old d/d age or completly unplayable. Touch it and we go back to time when you see one ele per 50 matches and even then you yell "gtfo kiddo and change your class or i report you for wintrading".Now in my opinion its balanced, high sustain build but without power spike and low mobility or high damage but with low sustain (you see FA popping earth 5? dodge/port away/stealth/pop immune/whatever). And then we have condi build, and we all know that everyone hates condi builds, except for ppl actually playing them.

Also, 30k damage from FA without time for reaction? Either your ping is 2000 or youre old man/clicking skills with mouse. The only oneshot thats really unhealthy, is Malicious Backstab. Mesmer or FA can be counterplayed, quite easily id say.

@Landahar.5196 said:As a necromancer player ( 30k HP with Carrion Amulet), elementalist can kill me in 1 second.Some mesmer build can does it too. Do you think game is balanced?

My opinion, if ANY character dies in less then 3 second is a proof of unbalanced game

You are 6 years too late to complain about ele...it has been nerfed to irrelevance with only couple of poor man gimmicks left...nerfing those will change absolutely nothing as the class is dead already and should be deleted

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Landahar.5196 said:As a necromancer player ( 30k HP with Carrion Amulet), elementalist can kill me in 1 second.Some mesmer build can does it too. Do you think game is balanced?

My opinion, if ANY character dies in less then 3 second is a proof of unbalanced game

You are 6 years too late to complain about ele...it has been nerfed to irrelevance with only couple of poor man gimmicks left...nerfing those will change absolutely nothing as the class is dead already and should be deleted

Seriously? U sound like mirage players saying their class has been nerfed to uselessness. Weaver is definitely overperforming on some builds just like the rest of the classes are. Stop pretending their weak cuz their obviously far from it.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Weaver is definitely overperforming on some builds just like the rest of the classes are.The scale of Weaver overperforming is far smaller than the scale of other classes.Just wait two years, or whenever the next xpac with new elite specializations is released. Most currently over-performance, including Weaver's, will be nerfed into levels of being no competition against the new especs.

As for the new specs, we can only guess.Maybe Warrior gets a shroud and traps.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Seriously? U sound like mirage players saying their class has been nerfed to uselessness. Weaver is definitely overperforming on some builds just like the rest of the classes are. Stop pretending their weak cuz their obviously far from it.

Actually no, we have FULL right to say this because our damage has been based one ONE TO TWO traits at most. Fireweaver is only relevant because of Sunspot. Fresh Air ele, and Weaver are being held up only becaue of well, Fresh Air.

You tell me what we have left if you hit fresh air and Sunspot. Go ahead. If you say tempest, I'll laugh, because Six out of the Nine classes checks auramancer tempest with their power builds.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

Actually no, we have FULL right to say this because our damage has been based one ONE TO TWO traits at most. Fireweaver is only relevant because of Sunspot. Fresh Air ele, and Weaver are being held up only becaue of well, Fresh Air.

You tell me what we have left if you hit fresh air and Sunspot. Go ahead. If you say tempest, I'll laugh, because Six out of the Nine classes checks auramancer tempest with their power builds.

All I kno is I've seen many weavers in last few month doing crazy condi burst with equal crazy sustain. No class should be capable of both no matter how much ele's try to pretend the class is still the same as it was in 2017-18. I definitely is not

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

All I kno is I've seen many weavers in last few month doing crazy condi burst with equal crazy sustain. No class should be capable of both no matter how much ele's try to pretend the class is still the same as it was in 2017-18. I definitely is not

The problem with fire weaver is they have very easy burning burst combos that have minimal telegraphs, on top of very good sustain with healing, cleansing and evades. The only thing keeping them from being more op is their low mobility. Sunspot can add a lot to their burst with the burning rage trait, but they still have a lot of damage and fire aura uptime without it.

@Landahar.5196 said:It is sad that ppl don't even understand the subject of the topic..It is not about dodge or how squishy the builds. it is about overpowered damage on some classes. Nobody should kill you in less than a second yet you shouldnt kill someone in less than a second with any class and any build.. At least make it 5 second, its OK.Is it really too hard to understand?

If your not dodging, then dieing in less than a second is normal, if you live more than a second without dodging I'd be pondering unbalance.I do think they should remove the unblockable from 1 shot ele.As a guard I have 11,645 health, so will that ele, you have 30k hp+however much reaper gives, the animation of drawing the scythe in reaper mode, is enough to 1 shot me, I know from experience the animation of reaper makes the weapon draw hard to time dodging as it hits before weapon is drawn.

I actually kind of love Fresh Air Weaver.

Like throughout all of GW2 top end Elementalist builds have been stuff like DD Cele ele, support tempest, water and Weaver and now Condi fire Weaver.

Elementalist design has just never ever excelled at delivering the class fantasy of the mage who obliterates his enemies by raining down high damage balls of fire and lightning. It's a sword and sorcery PvP rpg and we don't really have the sorcery in PvP.

So Fresh Air ele is a build I'd actually really want to see buffed and incentivized. But the build does have some problematic aspects to it that should be hammered out, namely the instant cast damage on Lightning Strike and Electric Discharge should be changed. I'd personally like to see them become time bomb type attacks that you can see coming and react.

But in the scheme of things those problem aspects are small potatoes compared to the nerfs other classes need, and overall I think the build needs serious buffs.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:So Fresh Air ele is a build I'd actually really want to see buffed and incentivized.For the sake of Elementalists no longer being pigeon-holed into Weaver and/or Stale Air, I'd actually see these two nerfed and Core trait lines, especially Fire (the one who should be the heavier hitter), being buffed.

Don't forget also buffing skills on ranged weapons so the damage lands easier. That way the reliance on cheesy instant cast utility skills and traits can be removed.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Landahar.5196" said:As a necromancer player ( 30k HP with Carrion Amulet), elementalist can kill me in 1 second.Some mesmer build can does it too. Do you think game is balanced?

I repeat..the class is held together by a couple of gimmicks, remove those and there is no class . What I have just said it's not up to debate, there is no ele outside sword and air superspeed users , there is no core ele..there is no tempest..there is no warhorn, dagger/dagger core ele...all that is vastly UP compared to the rest of the game , especially warriors , can you imagine a d/d ele going against any kind of warrior?..He'd be creamed in all departments be it sustain or dmg or mobility.

I know that you don't give a damn about balance, I know that none from the angry mob cares about balance, now should Anet remove all gimmicks from the game? OFC but after doing that they should curbstomp to hell the powercreep of the whole game so that the core concept of ele - a slow casting light armored mage with melee gameplay - becomes actually doable again.

They should nerf sword evades, yes ofc...but after that they should "destroy" the absurd melee dmg of : warrior -guardian -revs -reapers that can reach absurd levels of powerspike ..but also ranger in some set ups...do that and sword evasion nerfs are surely to make sense because after all anet made sword weaver to dodge the responsibility of re-working ele.

The class is a monkey joke respect to the rest..ofc they must give it some OP/broken aspects , without it..the whole thing would not be worth the presence in class selection screen.

In the end my friend, balance is a two sides coin..they need to remove the problem..but also the reason why the problem was created in the first place aka powercreep dmg of which the OP main is a great contributor

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Landahar.5196" said:As a necromancer player ( 30k HP with Carrion Amulet), elementalist can kill me in 1 second.Some mesmer build can does it too. Do you think game is balanced?

I repeat..the class is held together by a couple of gimmicks, remove those and there is no class . What I have just said
it's not up to debate
, there is no ele outside
sword and air superspeed users
, there is no core ele..there is no tempest..there is no warhorn, dagger/dagger core ele...all that is vastly UP compared to the rest of the game ,
especially warriors
, can you imagine a d/d ele going against any kind of warrior?..He'd be creamed in all departments be it sustain or dmg or mobility.

I know that you don't give a kitten about balance, I know that none from the angry mob cares about balance, now should Anet remove all gimmicks from the game?
OFC
but after doing that they should curbstomp to hell the powercreep of the whole game so that the core concept of ele - a slow casting light armored mage with melee gameplay - becomes actually doable again.

They should nerf sword evades, yes ofc...but after that they should "destroy" the absurd melee dmg of : warrior -guardian -revs -reapers that can reach absurd levels of powerspike ..but also ranger in some set ups...do that and sword evasion nerfs are surely to make sense because after all
anet made sword weaver to dodge the responsibility of re-working ele

The class is a monkey joke respect to the rest..ofc they must give it some OP/broken aspects , without it..the whole thing would not be worth the presence in class selection screen.

In the end my friend, balance is a two sides coin..they need to remove the problem..but also the reason why the problem was created in the first place aka powercreep dmg of which the OP main is a great contributor

Fixing ele and removing 2s burst kill are both needed.