Immobilize during elixir S

Dantheman.3589

I know there’s a call for what should be nerfs to engineer(Holosmith). But this has bugged me for awhile and would like to know if anyone agrees. Should immobilized still take effect during elixir S. To me this has seemed very inconsistent with how elixir S works post changes and I want to know if anyone at all agrees or not.

@dDuff.3860 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:why should remove imoblize? is holo a snowflake that stunbreakers remove it?I think it should be removed because elixir S is meant to make you immune to condis or at least damaging condis. Not sure what snowflakes have to do with it.

because snowflakes immune to condis, but burning.

Look I already know it’s a stupid insignificant poll. Just want anyone’s honest opinion.

@Dantheman.3589 said:I know there’s a call for what should be nerfs to engineer(Holosmith). But this has bugged me for awhile and would like to know if anyone agrees. Should immobilized still take effect during elixir S. To me this has seemed very inconsistent with how elixir S works post changes and I want to know if anyone at all agrees or not.

doesnt it work the same way mesmers disort? if you disort when immobed you are still immobed and cant move.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:I know there’s a call for what should be nerfs to engineer(Holosmith). But this has bugged me for awhile and would like to know if anyone agrees. Should immobilized still take effect during elixir S. To me this has seemed very inconsistent with how elixir S works post changes and I want to know if anyone at all agrees or not.

doesnt it work the same way mesmers disort? if you disort when immobed you are still immobed and cant move.

Mesmer distort is a dodge that can also remove immobilize when traited for. While elixir s makes you immune to incoming effects including condis. So why become immune to everything except an immobilize that was already there. I don’t think even warding does anything to S so why should immobilize...

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Mesmer distort is a dodge that can also remove immobilize when traited for. While elixir s makes you immune to incoming effects including condis. So why become immune to everything except an immobilize that was already there. I don’t think even warding does anything to S so why should immobilize...

elixir SElixir. Drink Elixir S to shrink yourself, recover from stun, and evade attacks.Duration.png Duration: 3 secondsMiscellaneous effect.png Prevents Capture-Point ContributionBreaks stun.png Breaks StunThis skill grants invulnerability despite what the tooltip says.

DisortionShatter. Gain distortion and destroy all your clones, gaining additional distortion for each one shattered.

Distortion.png Distortion (1s): Immune to conditions and damage.disortion even states : IMMUNE TO CONDITIONS and damage.

None of what this power does states that it should remove immobalize, in fact it doesnt even state that it should grand invulnerability, tooltip says that you remove stun and evade.

@"Dantheman.3589" said:I know there’s a call for what should be nerfs to engineer(Holosmith). But this has bugged me for awhile and would like to know if anyone agrees. Should immobilized still take effect during elixir S. To me this has seemed very inconsistent with how elixir S works post changes and I want to know if anyone at all agrees or not.

Just be aware that most of core engineer's skills and traits are inconsistent like this. Just look at the wiki page for static discharge and tell me that makes sense based on the tooltip given.

Elixir S immob is on the lower end of relevant inconsistencies, I would say.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Mesmer distort is a dodge that can also remove immobilize when traited for.
While elixir s makes you immune to incoming effects including condis. So why become immune to everything except an immobilize that was already there. I don’t think even warding does anything to S so why should immobilize...

Huh?

If you're talking about Auspicious Anguish it only converts damaging conditions on Distort, not Immobilize.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

While elixir s makes you immune to incoming effects including condis. So why become immune to everything except an immobilize that was already there. I don’t think even warding does anything to S so why should immobilize...

Huh?

If you're talking about Auspicious Anguish it only converts damaging conditions on Distort, not Immobilize.

I’m talking about how elusive mind removes condis on dodge. Though after I checked it I noticed it just “removes 1 condition” unlike dash on thief that removes “movement impairment”

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Huh?

I’m talking about how elusive mind removes condis on dodge. Though after I checked it I noticed it just “removes 1 condition” unlike dash on thief that removes “movement impairment”

Elusive Mind doesn't impact Distortion.

Ahhh the days when Elusive Mind was still worth using.

ThQn2nu_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:why should remove imoblize? is holo a snowflake that stunbreakers remove it?I think it should be removed because elixir S is meant to make you immune to condis or at least damaging condis. Not sure what snowflakes have to do with it.

Eles vaporform has that for years and its the only way to stop an ele in downed state from vaporing away. Since they are both invulns in which the person can move it would have to be treated the same way

@RedShark.9548 said:

Eles vaporform has that for years and its the only way to stop an ele in downed state from vaporing away. Since they are both invulns in which the person can move it would have to be treated the same way

That pretty much answers it, consistency is nice to have.

@apharma.3741 said:

That pretty much answers it, consistency is nice to have.

It indeed is nice to have, so not being able to move while in elixir s when immoed should stay.

@apharma.3741 said:

That pretty much answers it, consistency is nice to have.I agree toward consistency but it doesn’t necessarily make it correct. Vapor form is a little different from S ie gives you a new health bar. We could still change S leave vapor form or change both- because namely it doesn’t seem to 100% make sense that immobilize persist during invulns.

It seems most people’s opinion is to remain consistent with other classes that have a somewhat similar skill. Though I’d like to remind people that this skill initially let condis persist even in S. This was later changed so that condis would not effect it the only difference is that immobilize is like the only thing that you will see persist during S. I honestly think this skill is beyond busted but it’s also beyond busted to land a 3 sec immobilize onto them. I just want better balance nerf holos over tuned aspects and to balance remove the immob that’s all I’m asking for