How to lower ping for Australian player

Hello, I've moved from Europe to Australia last year and was pretty much forced to put this game aside, as it's near unplayable with my current 300+ ping.

Question for Oceanic players: does anyone have any setup to recommend that works for you? Things such as ping lowering softwares, or maybe with the use of a VPN? I'm not very knowledgeable of these things so any advice is welcome.

Without a way of at least reaching 180-200 ping, I'm forced to forget about this game and consider FF14 or others.Thanks

Less trollishly latency is usually a physical issue, barring faulty hardware. Your high latency is probably due to the increased distance between your PC and the servers, so there's not a lot you can do about it. What's your internet connection quality generally like? There's always the possibility that you have a bad wifi signal or crappy cable. I had an issue with my ISP having a constantly low signal down the line in my new house, they kept insisting there wasn't a problem but then most of the city started experiences outages. If you open a console window (windows and R, then type cmd) and type "ping -t www.google.com" what is the latency reported back?

For me, what worked was connecting via VPN. Which servers are you playing on? NA or EU? If NA, I found it best to connect directly to a US based VPN. If EU, what worked for me was connecting to Singapore instead of connecting to a European country. I’m not 100% sure why that is the case, but I believe Anet’s EU servers are hosted by Hetzner, if that information helps.