CONDI CLEANSE NEED TO BE TUNED DOWN

SeikeNz.3526

But they need to have prioritiesbecause soft ccs are really useless right now because of all that cleanses.

they need to remove first:

1- high dmg conditions(1-fire; 2-poison)2- imobilize3-low dmg longer durations conditions(1- torment; 2- confusion; 3- bleed)4- other soft ccs.

condi cleanse need to remove on max 3 conditions, not all like warriors/rangers/holos can do.also remove cleanse on dodge roll

with this you can tune down the burst from condi damage and make soft cc/bleed useful also people know what they going to cleanse

@"Dante.1508" said:All these ideas would make Pve unplayable.. Except maybe "condi damage needs to be tuned down" its crazy everywhere at the moment enemies players its just lost the plot..

Yes condi damage needs to be toned down across the board.

Okay but we are not talking about PVE so who cares. Unless you mistyped and meant to put PvP then I'll retract my previous statement.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:But they need to have prioritiesbecause soft ccs are really useless right now because of all that cleanses.

they need to remove first:

1- high dmg conditions(1-fire; 2-poison)2- imobilize3-low dmg longer durations conditions(1- torment; 2- confusion; 3- bleed)4- other soft ccs.

condi cleanse need to remove on max 3 conditions, not all like warriors/rangers/holos can do.also remove cleanse on dodge roll

with this you can tune down the burst from condi damage and make soft cc/bleed useful also people know what they going to cleanse

Condi cleanse on dodge honestly seems to be a natural mechanic. If they tone down condis they also need to get rid of mass cleanse. Not bad suggestion I can just see how ppl won’t like it since conditions are very strong still

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:I'll accept cleanse being tuned down if the builds that can put 6-condis on me with a single strike then ramp up their damaging one while I'm peeling the stupid cover condis also get tuned down.

yes, this would be ideal. Extreme condi application is way out of hand, and needs to be dramatically reduced. But with that, cleanse needs to be reduced as well.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@"Dante.1508" said:All these ideas would make Pve unplayable.. Except maybe "condi damage needs to be tuned down" its crazy everywhere at the moment enemies players its just lost the plot..

Okay but we are not talking about PVE so who cares. Unless you mistyped and meant to put PvP then I'll retract my previous statement.

Right so as long you are happy screw the rest and you wonder why pvpers are not taken seriously..

I also hate not dying to DoTs that are effortlessly applied from range. I don't ever want to die from someone committing to a risky attack that required any semblance of timing. I would really rather just bleed out from some guy corner-peeking from LoS or running through all of my attacks while facerolling a keyboard.

@Dante.1508 said:

@Dante.1508 said:All these ideas would make Pve unplayable.. Except maybe "condi damage needs to be tuned down" its crazy everywhere at the moment enemies players its just lost the plot..

Right so as long you are happy screw the rest and you wonder why pvpers are not taken seriously..

Because what impact is your comment going to have on a PVP conversation. Like, go discuss it in the hardcore PVE sides of things. There is no logic to this. You can be tight in the shorts all you want about my statement, but it's the truth.

And lol. Listen boo, I play all parts of the game, so take that 'ugh you nasty PvPers' talk somewhere else. No one takes a PVEr seriously when they are not even on the same topic as the discussion being held.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:all classes should have 1-2 burst condis with very little condi covers. that way cleanse can be balanced again.

Then every class should have access to invunrability that way power can be balanced again. Conditions need to have a some form of high damage with cover conditions, have you ever tried to tag a lord in wvw with a condition spec ? Thats right you cannot even with the "so called" burst on condition that everyone seems to complain about. Seems to me a lot of these people dont even read the patch notes or dont even play pvp and just want to complain on the forums because its easier than learn how to counter a class

In comparison to condition damage and condition application rate, condi cleansing is way too weak.if Anet refuses to MASSIVELY reduce BOTH the application rate AND the damage, condition cleanse and conversion needs to be buffed.

Condition cleansing already is rather useless, as the conditions are on you again within very few seconds.Adding Resistance to condi cleanse might be a good first step to balance conditions.Having an already existing stats reduce condition damage like toughness does with direct damage would be good as well.

@"Fueki.4753" said:In comparison to condition damage and condition application rate, condi cleansing is way too weak.if Anet refuses to MASSIVELY reduce BOTH the application rate AND the damage, condition cleanse and conversion needs to be buffed.

It's actually the opposite. The only strong condition builds are those that can punch through the high amount of cleanse via high application rate or variety. The amount of cleanse in the game currently is actively keeping a large amount of condition builds from ever being playable. Like at all.

Condition cleansing already is rather useless, as the conditions are on you again within very few seconds.

Same can be said about power damage.People are not going to stop applying pressure, regardless of damage type, just because you used a defensive skill.

Adding Resistance to condi cleanse might be a good first step to balance conditions.

This is a terrible idea.

Having an already existing stats reduce condition damage like toughness does with direct damage would be good as well.So is this.

Conditions have to be able to kill you.

"Conditions are doing power type burst". they really aren't as a general. You're far more likely to get chunked by power damage. Or the complaint of people not avoiding attacks, eating a load of hits and , "all of a sudden condi doing burst damage".

People conflate the strong builds with conditions in general every single time. "Conditions are OP because mirage and condi thief" ...no...mirage and condi thief are OP not conditions. In general they are actually the weaker damage type.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Dante.1508 said:All these ideas would make Pve unplayable.. Except maybe "condi damage needs to be tuned down" its crazy everywhere at the moment enemies players its just lost the plot..

Because what impact is your comment going to have on a PVP conversation. Like, go discuss it in the hardcore PVE sides of things. There is no logic to this. You can be tight in the shorts all you want about my statement, but it's the truth.

And lol. Listen boo, I play all parts of the game, so take that 'ugh you nasty PvPers' talk somewhere else. No one takes a PVEr seriously when they are not even on the same topic as the discussion being held.

Typical toxic pvper.. Good luck with your nerfs.

"3-low dmg longer durations conditions(1- torment; 2- confusion; 3- bleed)"

Those are the 3 main ones I clear, some classes can throw 4-6 bleeds some condi is strong, some lasts a long time, and I'll down without clearing even if they've walked away.I have 11k health, and power attacks, they have 30k health, and toughness heavy scourge, condi ignores toughness, but power don't, and you want my cleanse too? lol

@Fueki.4753 said:In comparison to condition damage and condition application rate, condi cleansing is way too weak.if Anet refuses to MASSIVELY reduce BOTH the application rate AND the damage, condition cleanse and conversion needs to be buffed.

Condition cleansing already is rather useless, as the conditions are on you again within very few seconds.Adding Resistance to condi cleanse might be a good first step to balance conditions.Having an already existing stats reduce condition damage like toughness does with direct damage would be good as well.

Every professIon can already build to be functionally nearly unkillable to condition damage if they really want to be.

Whereas even builds tanky enough to completely break the meta like post rework Scrapper could eventually be spiked with power damage.

Like most people can poke you from range for 1k damage or more. A mesmer pokes you for 700 damage with a staff auto and people like you get bent out shape because it comes in the form of condition damage.

No matter how much cleanse your build has, defeating or out sustaining a condition build should require consistently avoiding their highest value attacks, and cleanses should only give you an extra out or two similar to how Elixir S or Endure Pain can give you a breather from power damage but fundamentally doesn't make you functionally unkillable to power damage.

Radical idea:

• Remove ALL damaging condi cleanse. Cleanse still removes impairing condi like cripple/weakness/vunl. Poison is split into 2 conditions - one damaging and one not.
  • Rebalance condition skills to do approximately the same as similar power skills, plus a small % for being DoT rather than direct damage. Eg. 110%-120% of a similar power skill.

Problem solved.

Slightly less radical idea:

• Remove most condi cleanse. No cleanse on traits. No cleanse on sigils or runes. Each class cleanses 1-3 condi with their heal skill (personal cleanse only, not shared).
  • Rebalance the current "spam" condi builds to apply condi less frequently to match.