[merged] Constantly Disconnected Now?

> RESOLVED:

_After much messing with the templates (5 hours) I ended up buying from the gem store 1ea build and equipment template. YES had to spend real money to fix ANETs issue.

Once I had freshly blank build/equipment template I was able to use the copy command of the blank template and paste it onto the ones which were corrupted which extracted out the gear, reset the skills ans traits.

From there I was very careful not to use any piece of gear twice and build each template. Checking every time after two additions to make sure nothing got corrupted along the way. My best guess has something to do with mixing/reusing legendary gear and runes with ascended gear and exotic runes as that was the major difference between what I did the 1st time and the time which worked. (Legendary gear and Legendary runes/sigils) (Acceded gear and exotic runes/sigils)

Just stupid. I have sent in a refund request from to ANET for the GEMS I used to fix their problem. Lets see where that request goes._

=============================================

@Kitaro.3695 said:Hey ANET, constant disconnect when switch equipment template or build template.

All it takes is one click on any tab and the game disconnects instantly. It does this in WvW all maps, many PVE zones both Original, HOT and POF, Sanctuary and Bastion area, Lions Arch and Divinity Reach.Removed equipment from all templates and reinstalled. Ran Repair on the program. Tried it on a different character.The game is literally unplayable.

Also when the game disconnects even after a few minutes all changes to templates revert back to their pre-change state. Its like the game forgets its mind.

And lastly when I re-log back in I am in a different area then the disconnect. Example: I am at the broker in Lions Arch. After the disconnect and relog in I come back to grand Piazza. strange.

This is a pretty big problem as I cant even save a template as when the game disconnects it rolls back the changes and I cant even put the gear back in. So in short I am screwed.

Please fix......

Still getting regular disconnects (not as often as yesterday, but often enough), but just now I tried loading into my character who is in LA and whom I left there 10 minutes ago. And every time I try my game completely crashes. Other characters in other locations work fine. What is going on? :o

UPD. Some other maps aren't working either, like Diessa Plateu. My game crashes every time I try to go there. I'm sure there're more. This is pretty unplayable.

I have log-in server connection error for 2-3 days now.. Can't even enter on my character sometimes.. When somehow I succesfully log-in I just got another log-in server connection error while trying joining the game with character or teleport to another map.. I played months without this problem and now all started after new patch.

Errors:-In launcher: code 42:1000:7006:1232 and 58:11:5:535-In game: code 5:11:3:159:101

• 2 weeks later...

@Tyncale.1629 said:I get disconnected at the end of the instance To Kill a God every time now. So I do not get the achievement and have to do that wonderful fight again. So still problems.

i get the same error (7:11:3:191:101) but it happens when im fighting Balthazar's robot.. when i defeat it and im about to attack Balthazar, it crashes :(i have Windows 10 64, an Intel Core i5-7400, 8GB RAM, a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti and two monitors.its weird that is the only place where happens (i mean it happens a lot, but there is a constant error)

@zaphyrus.5897 said:

@"Tyncale.1629" said:I get disconnected at the end of the instance To Kill a God every time now. So I do not get the achievement and have to do that wonderful fight again. So still problems.

i get the same error (7:11:3:191:101) but it happens when im fighting Balthazar's robot.. when i defeat it and im about to attack Balthazar, it crashes :(i have Windows 10 64, an Intel Core i5-7400, 8GB RAM, a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti and two monitors.its weird that is the only place where happens (i mean it happens a lot, but there is a constant error)

Valdacil found a fix for this annoying problem in another thread, and this fix now has worked for me twice, on different accounts, with different instances. The second account disconnected at the very end with the "Descent" instance. Here is Valdacils post:

I was plagued with this problem too. Tried 5 times to complete Victory or Death. Something I read in one of the forums got me thinking and I changed one setting that seems to have helped. I'm not going to guarantee it will work and requires more testing to be confident... but I was able to complete 2 story quests where I'd disconnected repeatedly and my wife also finished one she'd tried 3 times.

Options > General > Streaming > Content Streaming >> change to "On Demand"

The setting was set to 'Idle'. Something someone said in a forum post regarding the disconnects seeming to come during transitions from cutscene to non-cutscene made me think that perhaps the game was trying to get some piece of content and since the download setting was set to Idle, it was waiting for the connection to be Idle. After waiting a period of time, it failed out the download which caused it to lose the instance. By setting it to On Demand, it allows the game to download that content when needed. This is totally just a theory, but has been working for me so far. Your mileage may vary. Good luck.

Hope this works!

This issue seems to have popped up once again now that the new update has launched, and it seems to be getting worse. I got more than several connection error disconnects and one network error disconnect. I can assure you that the network error is not my fault, as anything on my PC that was internet dependent besides GW2 DID NOT crash (typically, if I get a network error it means that my modem is resetting).

These disconnect issues have been going on for months and months. How many times has a player gone through an important or even final battle only to be disconnected from the server during the final cinematics? I have been having this issue for ages. I have tried working with support. I have tried working with my ISP ( because one always blames the other ). I have tried every suggestion on every frigging web site I can find. All to no avail. My guess is the fault lies somehow in however ANET determines whether or not you have dropped. When the cinematics run, the system sees nothing coming back from you and presumes you are gone so, BOOT! Bottom line. ANET is well aware it has an issue. It has listed the issue as under investigation for better than 10 or twelve months. It has done nothing, said nothing, fixed nothing. I am sick and tired of sending in diagnostic files only to eventually hear how it is not ANETs problem or " our engineers have not been able to isolate the problem ". Take it or leave it. You will get no concrete support and no answers. Best you can do is sacrifice the odd goat, pray to the dragon spirit and hope for the best. It is not your problem it is ANET's. No other game I play has this problem and many of those servers are a darned site further away and many more pings, jumps, packet movements or whatever. Only ANET but, keep on buying stuff or gems, that always works.

I am getting DC at EXACTLY THE SAME POINT in a Baltazar fight before you become a ghost. I played it all through and was listening to that guy in the cage say his proposal and then DC. Since then I get to the point in the fight on top where he says "you won't" then DC. Just uploading to Youtube and see what they say about it. It's EXACTLY the same place every time

Okay. I repaired my client, and cleared the gw2cache. So far I've not experienced any disconnections, so you might wana try that out if your still having problems.But, I have been getting moments where the game will freeze for a few seconds, then start back up again. It's like the server is having a little hiccup.

Trust me Paradox. Over the past year, I have done that so many times it's ridiculous. The only chance I stand of finishing a story episode and getting through the cinematics is if I come in at 2 to 3 am Eastern and the load on the servers is way down. Even then, it is 50/50. I'm running 150mbps into an i7 with top of the line graphics. I have run so many traceroutes it is now my middle name. It is the ANET servers and a game issue. I inquired into 1 gig internet ( it is available from my ISP ) but even they have been assisting with the issue and say it won't help solve the problem. It is totally their problem and they know it but, all they say is, so far our engineers have been unable to duplicate the issue. ( And have been saying this for months and months ). I don't think they really give a damn. Like I said, As long as you will buy gems, that always works.