(Suggestion)A New Mount? Show Me.

Temujin.7356

@Temujin.7356 said:Got a feeling since we are in the Blood Legion Homelands and Gorrik talked about spiders......will we see the spider (or chak) mount this time around?

pretty sure Anet dropped the spider mount cos of some players' arachnophobia, the wall mounting mechanic of the Skyscale was suspected to be taken from the spider mount

Actually the new mechanic for the spider CAN be webbing up windy caverns so you can pass much like the fractal 11 deepstone bridge with spiders how they don't get blown off but the pc does. It can also be webbings to go up/down caverns and ledges. In recreation we call it repelling or ziplining.

I'd like to see a wall climb mount.A chaq mount would be really cool.I think they're neat looking creatures.A nightmare to fight, but cool nevertheless.However, chaq belong way back in heart of maguma, so it had to be something related to the charr and norn theme.

Imo, this right now is where the warclaw should have come up, not in wvw.But that's just my opinion.

So, to conclude, I am inclined to say that it would most likely be a siege devourer.Like the Rocktail Molotov.However, I can't really see a Scorpion climbing walls... unless the idea is that we're going underground.Perhaps it's ability would be one such as the sand sharks.

Merely speculating here.

https://imgur.com/uJ67RyT https://imgur.com/qQfvxMg SoulGuardian.6203 our multi transport has arrived!! Lol. Actually was in GW1. It carried 6-8 ish toons. I would also like to have the golden wheel spider as a Roller Beetle skin https://imgur.com/1zdCMHA because it rolls. Acheron.4731 horse from Darksiders, nice. There was an actual horse in GW1 called the necrid horseman. Its an undead though.

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@Temujin.7356 said:Got a feeling since we are in the Blood Legion Homelands and Gorrik talked about spiders......will we see the spider (or chak) mount this time around?

pretty sure Anet dropped the spider mount cos of some players' arachnophobia, the wall mounting mechanic of the Skyscale was suspected to be taken from the spider mount

Ah yes, but never mind the obligatory spider bosses in the game

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:Hard to find new mechanics for mounts.May be a dolphin or something to rush under water, ride whirlpools or waterfall (It doesn't mean I want more under water maps, on contrary)Or a mount that doesn"t dismount you with the attack: like a spider or devourer to fire webs or poison on particular object.

I do begin to struggle with the idea of new landbased mounts (aside for perhaps a burrowing type mount or unicorn riding rainbows). Future mounts could be underwater-related, but that would mean we need to be drawn towards the ocean and who knows if that'll happen in this saga or after...

Another possibility could be to look at profession-specific dismount ability tied to the new mount. Say the mount is an elemental and it's dismount ability makes a ground stomp. Additionally a warrior could get 30 adrenalin, a mesmer could get 3 illusions spawned, a thief could do a stealth-field, etc.

Just an idea :)