When even grinding is worthless now.........what do you do?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vayne.8563 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Grinding is worthless? Sounds good ... because no one wants to grind in an MMO anyways. Just play the game. You will get what you want eventually.

No you wont.. 7 years and still not a single legendary drop in open world PvE.. Not even a precursor..

Legendaries don't drop period. Just saying. Doesn't matter if they drop or not anyway, because they're cheap enough to buy. I haven't had a ton of legendary drops but I have 23 legendary weapons. But yeah, legendaries don't drop...period.

At about $300 AU no they are not cheap enough to buy.. Whay a waste of real life money anyway..

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Grinding is worthless? Sounds good ... because no one wants to grind in an MMO anyways. Just play the game. You will get what you want eventually.

No you wont.. 7 years and still not a single legendary drop in open world PvE.. Not even a precursor..

Well legendaries don’t drop.

Well if they did that would actually make them somewhat legendary then wouldn't it.. Crafting a legendary item defeats the whole purpose of it being legendary ?

@Dante.1508 said:

Legendaries don't drop period. Just saying. Doesn't matter if they drop or not anyway, because they're cheap enough to buy. I haven't had a ton of legendary drops but I have 23 legendary weapons. But yeah, legendaries don't drop...period.

At about $300 AU no they are not cheap enough to buy.. Whay a waste of real life money anyway..

When I said they were cheap enough to buy. I meant precursors, not legendaries. To be clear.

I have NEVER bought a legendary weapon. Every one of my 23 legendary weapons I crafted. I did buy precursors however.

Edit: To be absolutely clear, I never used real money to purchase a precursor, only in game gold. I don't buy gems and sell them for gold.

@Vayne.8563 said:

When I said they were cheap enough to buy. I meant precursors, not legendaries. To be clear.

I have NEVER bought a legendary weapon. Every one of my 23 legendary weapons I crafted. I did buy precursors however.

Edit: To be absolutely clear, I never used real money to purchase a precursor, only in game gold. I don't buy gems and sell them for gold.

In the 7 years i've played on and off in GW2 i've never had a precursor drop..

@Dante.1508 said:

Me either ... that doesn't really mean anything. I'm still right ... because drops aren't the only way to get things you want. If you played 7 years and never got a precursor to drop, you certainly should have the gold to buy it. If not, you don't play enough in the first place.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Me either ... that doesn't really mean anything. I'm still right ... because drops aren't the only way to get things you want. If you played 7 years and never got a precursor to drop, you certainly should have the gold to buy it. If not, you don't play enough in the first place.

I don't see it as right or wrong just pointless.. Its not legendary at all.

You can make a bit of money doing T4 fractals.TP flipping is easy money as well, just takes a bit of research.Raid selling is an option if you are skilled enough.If all else fails you can just buy gems and then convert them to gold. The credit card farm is pretty solid.

@Dante.1508 said:

But you could buy a precursor pretty cheap regardless. I kept the first legendary I made, but I sold the second and that funded my third. I don't have an issue with buying precursors from the TP.

@Vayne.8563 said:

But you could buy a precursor pretty cheap regardless. I kept the first legendary I made, but I sold the second and that funded my third. I don't have an issue with buying precursors from the TP.

It is also usually much cheaper and much less likely to be blocked by a bug that leaves you waiting

@Khisanth.2948 said:

It is also usually much cheaper and much less likely to be blocked by a bug that leaves you waiting

While I agree, I did a lot of the collections too. Yeah I'm nuts. I find that stuff fun.

@Vayne.8563 said:

How is 400gold pretty cheap... I think a lot of GW2 forum customers are these whales we hear about.

No its not cheap. And i do have issue with it.

@Dante.1508 said:

How is 400gold pretty cheap... I think a lot of GW2 forum customers are these whales we hear about.

400 gold for a base for a legendary is cheap. A commander tag is 300 gold. Gold is not hard to make. Just a daily reward, doing nothing else would give you a precursor in 200 days. That's assuming you don't play except for the daily and most days, the daily takes like five minutes. But if you do anything else, logically you'd get gold faster.

You don't have to farm gold to make 5-10 gold a day just playing. If you make 10 gold a day, you have a 400 gold precursor in a bit over a month. And that's not hard to do. Furthermore, if you did a collection instead of buying it, even though it costs smore, it's a process, so you can take more time,. do content, and still get it, without doing it all at once. It breaks down the steps making it easier, in some ways, than saving 400 gold for people who can't save.

People who farmed the labyrinth probably made 400 gold in a couple of weeks. But even if you're not a farmer, just selling some mats you won't be using can get you up there.

Of course, there are also precursors taht are 50 gold. You could buy a cheap one, make and sell the legendary and use the profit to buy your 400 gold precursor, which is what I did.

Seriously ... if 400G is too much for you for something that is considered a long term goal, you just aren't playing enough in the first place. That's not a problem with how the game is designed. It's a problem with how committed you are with the game. Not playing enough isn't a reason to complain you can't get things you want.

@Hashberry.4510 said:It feels like selling legendaries is just making money off someone else's credit card. I can't say I would enjoy profiting off of poor impulse control, but thats just me.

I'm really confused by this logic. You could really say the same thing about any other expensive TP item that you happen to get as a rare drop. You can't control what other people do and you certainly will never stop people from spending real world money on this game.

Do you stop yourself from selling any items on the TP that are worth more than 50-100g? Because I can guarantee you that people are buying things for as low as 50g with gold they purchased through gem>gold conversion.

@Dante.1508 said:

So you want to buy a Legendary precursor for what 1g, 5g,10g,50g,100g or...? 400 for a LEGENDARY is dirt cheap, you can get 5-20 in an hour by simply playing any content and 20-40 an hour by farming. 400 is trivial for the premuin long term goal in a game.

Personally I think precursors should not be sellable at all, but I get its also the premium item for people who enjoy flipping gear.

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:Grinding is worthless? Sounds good ... because no one wants to grind in an MMO anyways. Just play the game. You will get what you want eventually.

So you want to buy a Legendary precursor for what 1g, 5g,10g,50g,100g or...? 400 for a LEGENDARY is dirt cheap, you can get 5-20 in an hour by simply playing any content and 20-40 an hour by farming. 400 is trivial for the premuin long term goal in a game.

Personally I think precursors should not be sellable at all, but I get its also the premium item for people who enjoy flipping gear.

Assuming 20 an hour, that's 20 hours out of my life for 400g. That's not "trivial".

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:

@"Obtena.7952" said:Grinding is worthless? Sounds good ... because no one wants to grind in an MMO anyways. Just play the game. You will get what you want eventually.

Assuming 20 an hour, that's 20 hours out of my life for 400g. That's not "trivial".

Then dont make one.

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:Assuming 20 an hour, that's 20 hours out of my life for 400g. That's not "trivial".

Now you're just being ridiculous. "How dare Anet force me to play the game to receive in-game rewards."

And yes, 20 hours is an extremely trivial amount of time when you're talking about an MMO. That's less than a week of relaxed playing.

I'm curious. What do _you _think is an acceptable amount of time required for a player to receive a legendary? Should you get one for logging in? 20 hours is too long for you, so clearly a day 30 login reward would be too much time. Should you get one every day?

At some level you must understand that making high-demand items easy to acquire lowers their value and makes them trivial rewards.

Sure it is ... you play an MMO for hundreds of those hours already ... and you don't have a problem with that. Yet somehow, 400G is out of your reach from simply playing the game? It's not ... and don't make it sound like it is because it's 'not trivial' for you, because it is trivial to you, or you wouldn't be playing in the first place.

Besides, you are just one step away from understanding why people by gold with gems ... because their time is worth more than their money. If your time to make gold in the game isn't 'trivial', you have the option to spend your money instead.

@Obtena.7952 said:Seriously ... if 400G is too much for you for something that is considered a long term goal, you just aren't playing enough in the first place. That's not a problem with how the game is designed. It's a problem with how committed you are with the game. Not playing enough isn't a reason to complain you can't get things you want.

No its only certain aspects get a lot of gold.. Story missions do not and map completions do not give very much gold, especially if you need the materials for crafting. The meta events, pvp, fractals etc may give a lot more i'm not sure, i'm not online for most of the main timezones to find out.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Sure it is ... you play an MMO for hundreds of those hours already ... and you don't have a problem with that. Yet somehow, 400G is out of your reach from simply playing the game? It's not ... and don't make it sound like it is because it's 'not trivial' for you, because it is trivial to you, or you wouldn't be playing in the first place.

Besides, you are just one step away from understanding why people by gold with gems ... because their time is worth more than their money. If your time to make gold in the game isn't 'trivial', you have the option to spend your money instead.

Did I ever say it was out of my reach? And what do MMO hours have to do with this all I'm saying is 400g is not trivial and so are legendary weapons--I know they are huge time sinks and therefore I respect players that have them.

Trivial would be completing a map for map completion, or if we're talking gold, earning 50 gold.