Unbalanced Elementalist Combo

Landahar.5196

The trick with FA in my experience is to just pay attention when they switch attunements to other than air. If you have sound on, they will say “water!” Or “Fire!” Or something along those lines. You know that once they hit you with something in these attunements they will almost always crit and will more than likely switch to air, and that’s where their burst comes from, and you can prepare for a defense in this manner

Also if you have the ability to negate critical damage like on warrior, you can just pop balance stance and you’ll have a survival window. Chaining balance stances with blocks should give you enough time to think of a strategy.

Also with FA, while playing on a necromancer, you want to have considerable range pressure because most FA ele’s will kite melle via super speed. Super speed makes them immune to chill and cripple, so having axe pressure will usually force them out of air to water Or earth. If they are taking too much damage they will either stay in these attunements even if their air attunement is off Cooldown, or they will switch to air simply to kite away or use their Blind on air 2.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

@Landahar.5196 said:As a necromancer player ( 30k HP with Carrion Amulet), elementalist can kill me in 1 second.Some mesmer build can does it too. Do you think game is balanced?

My opinion, if ANY character dies in less then 3 second is a proof of unbalanced game

You are 6 years too late to complain about ele...it has been nerfed to irrelevance with only couple of poor man gimmicks left...nerfing those will change absolutely nothing as the class is dead already and should be deleted

Seriously? U sound like mirage players saying their class has been nerfed to uselessness. Weaver is definitely overperforming on some builds just like the rest of the classes are. Stop pretending their weak cuz their obviously far from it.

Actually no, we have FULL right to say this because our damage has been based one ONE TO TWO traits at most. Fireweaver is only relevant because of Sunspot. Fresh Air ele, and Weaver are being held up only becaue of well, Fresh Air.

You tell me what we have left if you hit fresh air and Sunspot. Go ahead. If you say tempest, I'll laugh, because Six out of the Nine classes checks auramancer tempest with their power builds.

All I kno is I've seen many weavers in last few month doing crazy condi burst with equal crazy sustain. No class should be capable of both no matter how much ele's try to pretend the class is still the same as it was in 2017-18. I definitely is not

The problem with fire weaver is they have very easy burning burst combos that have minimal telegraphs, on top of very good sustain with healing, cleansing and evades. The only thing keeping them from being more op is their low mobility. Sunspot can add a lot to their burst with the burning rage trait, but they still have a lot of damage and fire aura uptime without it.

Low mobility? I always did decent with d4 on elect, sword 2 tele, the teleport utility etc as well as swiftness on element switch which could be basically perma swiftness. They seemed to have above avg mobility to as well but again that's my opinion and I'm not a great ele player so lol

@Curennos.9307 said:

@"Mechanix.9315" said:lol i saw grim on stream doing something like that

That's nice but good god, but kind of build is that necro running? I didn't see a single cleanse or dodge in there. I think they're also running blood magic AND death magic? The heck?

"Let me just stand in that pyro vortex and see what happens... wtf? TOO MUCH BURNING OPOP!!!" :wink:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Landahar.5196 said:As a necromancer player ( 30k HP with Carrion Amulet), elementalist can kill me in 1 second.Some mesmer build can does it too. Do you think game is balanced?

My opinion, if ANY character dies in less then 3 second is a proof of unbalanced game

You are 6 years too late to complain about ele...it has been nerfed to irrelevance with only couple of poor man gimmicks left...nerfing those will change absolutely nothing as the class is dead already and should be deleted

Seriously? U sound like mirage players saying their class has been nerfed to uselessness. Weaver is definitely overperforming on some builds just like the rest of the classes are. Stop pretending their weak cuz their obviously far from it.

Actually no, we have FULL right to say this because our damage has been based one ONE TO TWO traits at most. Fireweaver is only relevant because of Sunspot. Fresh Air ele, and Weaver are being held up only becaue of well, Fresh Air.

You tell me what we have left if you hit fresh air and Sunspot. Go ahead. If you say tempest, I'll laugh, because Six out of the Nine classes checks auramancer tempest with their power builds.

All I kno is I've seen many weavers in last few month doing crazy condi burst with equal crazy sustain. No class should be capable of both no matter how much ele's try to pretend the class is still the same as it was in 2017-18. I definitely is not

The problem with fire weaver is they have very easy burning burst combos that have minimal telegraphs, on top of very good sustain with healing, cleansing and evades. The only thing keeping them from being more op is their low mobility. Sunspot can add a lot to their burst with the burning rage trait, but they still have a lot of damage and fire aura uptime without it.

Low mobility? I always did decent with d4 on elect, sword 2 tele, the teleport utility etc as well as swiftness on element switch which could be basically perma swiftness. They seemed to have above avg mobility to as well but again that's my opinion and I'm not a great ele player so lol

Fire weaver does not use dagger offhand and Lightning flash. It also uses air much less often in fights, so it cannot build up as much swiftness which is then only usable for unpressured movement between points - and rarely for escaping, because you will have to switch to other attunements (most often). Fire weaver is slow, as long as you don't change the build/runes to more mobility and away from fighting capabilities.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

You don't seem to be playing ele at all hence my crux with the GW2 community : You don't play the class you ask nerfs for...your knowledge is limited, @Cal Cohen.3527 specifically asked the community to look at things from the big picture point of view.

The fire weaver build neither use the lightning flash or dagger offhand because they need all the blocks and invulnerability they can get their hands on given the powercreep......people come here asking for nerfs when they don't even what the hell they're up against.

That's why the devs should not be taking the forum seriously, I multiclass, I spent hundreds/thousans of hours in 4 specific professions = ele -ranger -warrior and guardian while I have been duelling for years all other classes and only against the best players of each whenever possible, I bothered to check Cd, builds used and all....here you don't even know what the ele in front of you is running**

@Arheundel.6451 said:

You don't seem to be playing ele at all hence my crux with the GW2 community :
You don't play the class you ask nerfs for...your knowledge is limited
, @Cal Cohen.3527 specifically asked the community to look at things from the big picture point of view.

The fire weaver build neither use the lightning flash or dagger offhand because they need all the blocks and invulnerability they can get their hands on given the powercreep......
people come here asking for nerfs when they don't even what the hell they're up against

That's why the devs should not be taking the forum seriously, **I multiclass, I spent hundreds/thousans of hours in 4 specific professions*
= ele -ranger -warrior and guardian while I have been duelling for
years
all other classes and only against the best players of each whenever possible, I bothered to check Cd, builds used and all....
here you don't even know what the ele in front of you is running**

I actually played weaver for a month strait and badically only weaver a few months back just as it got the fire buff and got pretty decent swapping attunments during the time and noticed right away I had good burst with fire and air and with menders good sustain with water. Just because I'm honest in saying I'm not a ele main doesn't mean I never played it for one and second of all I've played against many weavers that bursted well while taking two players to down in any amount of time that woulda take far to long for one player to do. See my crux of the community is players that main a class that has obvious op specs or builds that are so biased they act like their fine or underperforming while calling every other class OP. As of since last buff to fire weaver their no different.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

, @"Cal Cohen.3527" specifically asked the community to look at things from the big picture point of view.

The fire weaver build neither use the lightning flash or dagger offhand because they need all the blocks and invulnerability they can get their hands on given the powercreep......
people come here asking for nerfs when they don't even what the hell they're up against

That's why the devs should not be taking the forum seriously, **I multiclass, I spent hundreds/thousans of hours in 4 specific professions*
years
all other classes and only against the best players of each whenever possible, I bothered to check Cd, builds used and all....

I actually played weaver for a month strait and badically only weaver a few months back just as it got the fire buff and got pretty decent swapping attunments during the time and noticed right away I had good burst with fire and air and with menders good sustain with water. Just because I'm honest in saying I'm not a ele main doesn't mean I never played it for one and second of all I've played against many weavers that bursted well while taking two players to down in any amount of time that woulda take far to long for one player to do. See my crux of the community is players that main a class that has obvious op specs or builds that are so biased they act like their fine or underperforming while calling every other class OP. As of since last buff to fire weaver their no different.

Again you have no idea of what you're up against....fire weavers don't have water traitline at all and neither they use mender...good grief and again here with the hyperboles :" saw one weaver taking out 2 players" AND??? A good player on any class can take out two noobs at once or do you need video proofs of every class winning outnumbered fights?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

, @"Cal Cohen.3527" specifically asked the community to look at things from the big picture point of view.

years

Again you have no idea of what you're up against....
fire weavers don't have water traitline at all and neither they use mender...good grief
and again here with the hyperboles :" saw one weaver taking out 2 players" AND??? A good player on any class can take out two noobs at once or do you need video proofs of every class winning outnumbered fights?

I meant water attunment, yeah heals arent as good not trusted for but can still be very effective. Also did water traitline not get a slight dps buff in the line fee passes ago to not make it such a bid dps loss. In any case I didnt use water traitline often and the atunement still gave me good additional sustain

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

years

fire weavers don't have water traitline at all and neither they use mender...good grief
and again here with the hyperboles :" saw one weaver taking out 2 players" AND??? A good player on any class can take out two noobs at once or do you need video proofs of every class winning outnumbered fights?

I meant water attunment, yeah heals arent as good not trusted for but can still be very effective. Also did water traitline not get a slight dps buff in the line fee passes ago to not make it such a bid dps loss. In any case I didnt use water traitline often and the atunement still gave me good additional sustain

The water attunement doesn't heal you unless you trait for it already said so...the fire weaver have limited condi removal for that reason alone, that's why it can be easily killed by any condi spec who knows how ele works

@BruceLee.5092 said:This is true, and also this fresh air weaver is really hard to chase and kill, yet they can one shot you from farm range. Indeed need to be look at.

I dont know if troll or not, but here goes

if you play power specs you can kill it in one shot, you can't spam 1 and expect it to die straight away.. just time it lol, Same goes for condi really just won't be a one shot lol

@Arheundel.6451 said:

years

The water attunement doesn't heal you unless you trait for it already said so...the fire weaver have limited condi removal for that reason alone, that's why it can be easily killed by any condi spec
who knows how ele works

Just a side note: Fire weaver has rather good cleanse. That is the main reason for focus offhand - fire aura and exploding fire aura, which cleanses 2 conditions every 8 seconds apart from the many cleanses for every fire aura they get, cleansing 1 condition. If dagger had fire aura, people would probably use dagger instead of focus.

I kind of like the fact that you have to watch attunements for burst and defensive rotations. I guess that is what you mean by "knowing how ele works".

Agree also on fire weaver and water based builds having very different issues to work on. And FA ele is a whole new topic.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

years

The water attunement doesn't heal you unless you trait for it already said so...the fire weaver have limited condi removal for that reason alone, that's why it can be easily killed by any condi spec
who knows how ele works

Just a side note: Fire weaver has rather good cleanse. That is the main reason for focus offhand - fire aura and exploding fire aura, which cleanses 2 conditions every 8 seconds apart from the many cleanses for every fire aura they get, cleansing 1 condition. If dagger had fire aura, people would probably use dagger instead of focus.

I kind of like the fact that you have to watch attunements for burst and defensive rotations. I guess that is what you mean by "knowing how ele works".

Agree also on fire weaver and water based builds having very different issues to work on. And FA ele is a whole new topic.

People are complaining about burning rage fire weavers I think

@Arheundel.6451 said:

years

who knows how ele works

Yaah, I think so too, but wasn't this thread about FA? I don't know... maybe it was staff zerker, I simply don't know... :trollface:

@Megametzler.5729 said:

years

who knows how ele works

Yaah, I think so too, but wasn't this thread about FA? I don't know... maybe it was staff zerker, I simply don't know... :trollface:

It's a typical nerf thread full of disinformations and hyperboles..nothing new and nothing we won't see again, the scenario remains the same...people are not used to an ele with any resemblance of killing power so they will rush any ele they see in pvp expecting easy kill..only to die few secs after hugging a weaver for the whole duration of primordial stance . ..

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

, @Cal Cohen.3527 specifically asked the community to look at things from the big picture point of view.

years

You're done, you are talking like you know the class when you only played Weaver for a month. This is why people don't take the forums seriously. Dumb comments like this.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

years

Half of your brain is talking about fireweaver while the other half about mender. None of them was used properly. Weaver is on the classes that needs more time than a month to learn all CDs perfectly, your limits and matchups. Meanwhile you played month and dunno whats the difference between trait ot attunement, not even talking about differences between fire and mender, except that one is condi and one is not. Cool story bob.

Id suggest going back to warrior and face-rolling keyboard because this class is little too much for your mind possibilities.

@lare.5129 said:I always try to understand if some class so op, why people do not try also play that magic class ? Especially if necro say that someone is op ))

This is true, but people would rather stay on whatever class they want and when they get outplayed, it's easier for them to say it's because this class is OP rather than looking at themselves

The only ele build overperforming is fire weaver

Fresh air and water weaver have clear tradeoffs

One lacks survivability and the other dmg

But if the game were more balanced one would have less dmg and the other less sustain

I've been playing core fresh and the build is very well balanced, that's considering how I'd like the balancing to beAll classes could have that level of power, I think the game in general would be healthier and more fun