imagine :)

Vicariuz.1605

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Highlie.7641 said:your good gentlemen.

@Highlie.7641 said:Me i guess i'm the best in the world according to them. except i don't even play this game anymore...

With all due respect for a player of your status, if you don't have a dog in this fight then let the people who do float their concerns while they have this opportunity. As of right now it doesn't matter who has been doing what. What matters is the solidity of their ideas.Unless the best in the world is planning to make a triumphant return to PVP, in which case roll out the red carpet.

In other news, just mentioning I saw a group of Anet employees in The Pit on Saturday in HoTM getting blown up by all manner of meme builds. I don't know if that was for Extra Life or not, but if any of you all also keep an eye on this thread, please keep doing that/spectating from the stands. It's not the best indicator of what is broken or not but it is a decent enough place to understand at a very basic level how certain builds interact with each other.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:In other news, just mentioning I saw a group of Anet employees in The Pit on Saturday in HoTM getting blown up by all manner of meme builds. I don't know if that was for Extra Life or not, but if any of you all also keep an eye on this thread, please keep doing that/spectating from the stands. It's not the best indicator of what is broken or not but it is a decent enough place to understand at a very basic level how certain builds interact with each other.

That's great news for sure

@"Cal Cohen.2358" said:The feedback and concerns to the incoming changes are all valid, and I wanted to expand a bit more on why we ended up on the change that we did. Here's the situation that we were looking at:

1) There's a clear problem with staff thief based on past tournament games and results2) There's another 'monthly' this weekend. We can expect more of the same comps if nothing changes3) We have a chance to get something into a hotfix.

We absolutely want to fix the problem for the monthly, but working in a hotfix timeline limits the scope of what we we should do. The correct change in a perfect world is a combination of smaller adjustments to (not necessarily all of these at once) Escapist's Fortitude, Roll for Initiative, Quick Pockets, Staff Master, and Debilitating Arc. But because we're doing this as part of a hotfix, the most important consideration is doing something safe. More changes introduce more risk, so we want to limit ourselves to a single change, in addition to the bug fix. The straight initiative increase to Debilitating Arc looks like the highest impact option so that's what we went with. As for making it 6 vs 5 (or solely doing the bug fix), we have one shot at this change before the monthly and we wanted to err on the side of nerfing too hard instead of risking not actually fixing the problem.

So yes the change may be too heavy-handed, and yes there are better changes in the grand scheme of things than the one that was made. We will definitely be revisiting >this for the next update, but in the immediate time-frame we had to work with we felt this was the best option available.I dont know if this has been suggested before but What about removing the evades from the damaging staff skills? I found vault and Debilitating Arc being the most unfair aspect with the crazy ammount of damage those skills do while the player is totally immune . Some counter play other than "dodge lol" should be available. With just that change and the increased initiative cost to Devilitating Arc the skills would be at the same level as other classes.

With quick pockets i would apply alacricity to the DD when swap weapon and remove the initiative. It keeps the functionality of allowing more actions without buffing continuous inititative regenration.

Increase the icd to 5s in Escapist's Fortitude. It should be available when its needed but DDs wont be able to spamm it.

All the other skills are fine IMO. Roll and staff master would be fine after those changes. The DD would lose the eternal evade and also it most damaging skills would get some counterplay.

And do please apply all the PvP traits and skills actual state in every class to wvw as well. There is also roaming scene in that game which is pretty close to the pvp experience.