Equipment Templates kicking out Infusions

When you use different legendary weapons across more than 1 template it forces out the Infusions.

Example:Use legendary greatsword in template 1 with 2 +7 Infusions.Use legendary shortbow in template 2 with 2 +7 Infusions.

If you put in the greatsword in template 1 first and then put in the shortbow in template 2 it FORCES THE 2 +7 Infusions OUT OF YOUR BOW.They will be in your inventory since the game FORCES the 2 +7 Infusions of the greatsword into the bow.

If you then want to change the shortbow to whatever other (non legendary) weapon you will have a Infusion-less shortbow in your inventory.If you change the greatsword to whatever other (non legendary) weapon then that one will magically have no Infusions since the game forces Infusions to stay in the last equipped legendary in whichever template.

If you use ascended gear you do not have that problem.

WHY IS THE GAME FORCING INFUSIONS OUT OF MY WEAPON?AND WHY WON'T IT LET ME PUT THEM BACK IN?

If you even try to put the Infusions in your inventory back in it will simply take the greatsword Infusion even tough you clicked on the the one in your inventory.

So if you only use ascended stuff with the template you have 0 problems.

But why does it make problems with a MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE legendary?

You can argue whatever you want.IT IS NOT PRACTICAL for me at the very least.

I read in another post that it even kicks out legendary Sigills.

For the love of god please fix this it is driving me crazy.

And in all honesty if this problem will get the same disregard as the problem with the Perfected Envoy Jerkin on a Female Human I am done with this game.

For reference that bug is :"If you use Perfected Envoy Jerkin on a Female Human together with a Infusion that changes the skin it also changes a part of the armor that it is not supposed to do."

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/342187#Comment_342187

I was told ALMOST 2 YEARS ago that they are aware of the problem but do not have a fix.How hard can it be to change the texture of 1 part of one piece of LEGENDARY ARMOR ....

No.I am pretty sure I made myself clear but to clarify.Every weapon of mine has its own infusions AND THE GAME USES the same infusions across all templates it can and throws out the infusions I had in my weapons.

To make an easy example:

You have 6 legendary 2 handed weapons.Every one of those weapons has 2 +7 infusions for a grand total of 12 infusions.

You spread those 6 weapons across 3 templates.

The game will use the same 4 infusions you have in the first template you put the weapons in for the other 4 weapons in the remaining 2 templates.

So it throws 8 +7 infusions in your inventory.

It sounds good on paper since you free up 8 infusions but it forces you to put infusions back in every time you change any weapons in your layout.

While it might be fine if you have enough legendaries equipped so you can just reassign infusions back but IT STILL FORCES YOU TO GO INTO THE MENU AND LOOK IF THERE ARE ONES IN OR NOT AND YOU HAVE TO ASSIGN IT BY HAND and that is exactly what those templates should stop you from doing. They should not create the same amount of work for you just in a different way then if you would just swap equipment out from your inventory.

@Alaya.8765 said:When you use different legendary weapons across more than 1 template it forces out the Infusions.

Example:Use legendary greatsword in template 1 with 2 +7 Infusions.Use legendary shortbow in template 2 with 2 +7 Infusions.

If you put in the greatsword in template 1 first and then put in the shortbow in template 2 it FORCES THE 2 +7 Infusions OUT OF YOUR BOW.They will be in your inventory since the game FORCES the 2 +7 Infusions of the greatsword into the bow.

Hi Alaya,

I did what you said using Astralaria in my Equipment Template 1 and FrostFang in Equipment Template 2. Each weapon before being placed in a template had their own Superior Sigil of Ice and a Malign WvW infusion in them. (Their upgrades are identical.) And like you said, as soon as I put them both in separate Equip templates, the Equipment Template System removed 1 Sigil and 1 Infusion from one of my legendary weapons and placed them into my inventory. (The Equipment Template system itself is not allowing you to have identical upgrades in different weapons on different templates - for Legendary weapons.) And if I drag-and-drop swap a random weapon from my inventory to replace FrostFang, for example, FrostFang has no upgrades in it and is placed in my inventory.

Generally speaking, upgrades getting removed from Legendary weapons is definitely one of the major gripes from those of us with Legendary gear. Hopefully, your findings will add to Anet's list and provide more insight to the problems with Legendary gear and their Equipment Template system.

Cheers!

It's exactly how it's supposed to work. Since you can freely take out upgrades from legendaries, you can share a single upgrade between build templates. The extra is kicked out into inventory.

Along the same lines as this:

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:We’ve seen players who own legendary gear, in particular runes and sigils, confused about how they interact with the Equipment Templates so we’d like to clarify how this works. The Equipment system only allows storage for the minimum amount of legendary runes and sigils required to cover the uses in the Equipment Templates. If you had a legendary rune in each of 12 pieces of gear and you then create 2 Equipment Templates using those 12 pieces of gear, you’ll end up with 6 legendary runes in your inventory because the system determine that this was the minimum it needs. So it looks like you duplicated the items but in reality you still only have 12 in total, 6 in your inventory and 6 shared across your Equipment Templates.

In case you wanted context to the above: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/91220/solved-legendary-upgrades-duplicated-due-to-pvp-equipment-bug#latest

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It's exactly how it's supposed to work. Since you can freely take out upgrades from legendaries, you can share a single upgrade between build templates. The extra is kicked out into inventory.

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:We’ve seen players who own legendary gear, in particular runes and sigils, confused about how they interact with the Equipment Templates so we’d like to clarify how this works. The Equipment system only allows storage for the minimum amount of legendary runes and sigils required to cover the uses in the Equipment Templates. If you had a legendary rune in each of 12 pieces of gear and you then create 2 Equipment Templates using those 12 pieces of gear, you’ll end up with 6 legendary runes in your inventory because the system determine that this was the minimum it needs. So it looks like you duplicated the items but in reality you still only have 12 in total, 6 in your inventory and 6 shared across your Equipment Templates.

In case you wanted context to the above:

That is about LEGENDARY RUNES AND SIGILLS.If you only use legendary weapons and armor without any piece of ascended in between with a full set of 6 Runes and 4 Sigills this might be useful.

BUTI do neither have legendary Runes nor Sigills.

So I put Eternity with 2 +7 Infusions in template 1.Then I put Kudzu with 2 +7 Infusions in template 2.It will kick out the 2 Infusions in Kudzu.Then I change Kudzu to any Ascended 2 handed weapon .It will kick a Infusion less Kudzu into my inventory.ANDIf I re equip it will not even automatically put the 2 infusions that are apparently forcefully shared out of Eternity in Kudzu since guess what? The game sees me put in an Infusion less Kudzu and assumes it is not supposed to have any or what?So I will have a infusion less Kudzu equipped and if I want them back in there I MANUALLY have to do it.

That is more work than if i would just equip all my equipment out of my inventory.At least I would not have to play Infusion Bingo every time.

Also since they made the Infusions and Sigills removable since October 30th 2018 according to the wiki they would have no problem to give the legendary weapons a option to lock them.

We already have that fancy screen where we can choose the stat combinations etc.They can just add a small check box on the left side where you can choose to lock or unlock Sigills and Infusions.

Heck I am not a programmer but I just can't imagine that giving the option to lock or unlock would break the code or give them a headache since the small checkbox would only make the legendary behave like a ascended weapon while it is checked and like a legendary if unchecked.

Well my fix might be dumb but it would work and logic tells me there should be no problem but what do you all say?

@Alaya.8765 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It's exactly how it's supposed to work. Since you can freely take out upgrades from legendaries, you can share a single upgrade between build templates. The extra is kicked out into inventory.

That is about LEGENDARY RUNES AND SIGILLS.If you only use legendary weapons and armor without any piece of ascended in between with a full set of 6 Runes and 4 Sigills this might be useful.

So I put Eternity with 2 +7 Infusions in template 1.Then I put Kudzu with 2 +7 Infusions in template 2.It will kick out the 2 Infusions in Kudzu.Then I change Kudzu to any Ascended 2 handed weapon .It will kick a Infusion less Kudzu into my inventory.ANDIf I re equip it will not even automatically put the 2 infusions that are apparently forcefully shared out of Eternity in Kudzu since guess what? The game sees me put in an Infusion less Kudzu and assumes it is not supposed to have any or what?So I will have a infusion less Kudzu equipped and if I want them back in there I MANUALLY have to do it.

That is more work than if i would just equip all my equipment out of my inventory.At least I would not have to play Infusion Bingo every time.

Also since they made the Infusions and Sigills removable since October 30th 2018 according to the wiki they would have no problem to give the legendary weapons a option to lock them.

We already have that fancy screen where we can choose the stat combinations etc.They can just add a small check box on the left side where you can choose to lock or unlock Sigills and Infusions.

Heck I am not a programmer but I just can't imagine that giving the option to lock or unlock would break the code or give them a headache since the small checkbox would only make the legendary behave like a ascended weapon while it is checked and like a legendary if unchecked.

Well my fix might be dumb but it would work and logic tells me there should be no problem but what do you all say?

Notice how I said “along the same lines”? All upgrades function exactly the same way on legendary gear as legendary runes/sigils in regards to equipment templates. Paying attention to what’s going on makes this fairly obvious instead of going “it’s not working like I think it should so it’s bugged”.

I also suggest looking at what the infinite symbol means for build templates.

If you absolutely must have similar upgrades not shared, you can just reapply them and they’ll remain. The check to have only the minimum number of upgrades occurs when initially adding the weapon, or armor, to a build template.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Notice how I said “along the same lines”? All upgrades function exactly the same way on legendary gear as legendary runes/sigils in regards to equipment templates. Paying attention to what’s going on makes this fairly obvious instead of going “it’s not working like I think it should so it’s bugged”.

If you absolutely must have similar upgrades not shared, you can just reapply them and they’ll remain. The check to have only the minimum number of upgrades occurs when initially adding the weapon, or armor, to a build template.

I have no idea what that bloody infinity symbol means since i know there is some post where they explained a few things about it but I can't find that for the life of mine any more since I assume it is not pinned.

Also I literary have no idea what you are talking about so please explain that in a more expansive way.

What do you mean with reapplying it for them to stay?

If you try to put in an infusion from your inventory while weapon is equipped it will take one from another equipped legendary.If you swap that weapon out and put the infusions back in while it is in your inventory they get kicked out when you swap weapon back in.If you swap it out and and swap in back in without infusions it still won't let you pick em like you want.

So you say you got it to stop kicking out infusions?Then please explain how exactly you did that since "you can just reapply them and they’ll remain" makes no sense to me at all.

@Alaya.8765 said:

I have no idea what that bloody infinity symbol means since i know there is some post where they explained a few things about it but I can't find that for the life of mine any more since I assume it is not pinned.

It’s a part of your equipment template inventory which is free to be used across the other equipment templates so long as it’s equipped.

Also I literary have no idea what you are talking about so please explain that in a more expansive way.

All upgrades on Legendaries are swappable without needing an extractor. The build template system accounts for this and has a feature which un-equips duplicate upgrades of those already available in the build template inventory.

What do you mean with reapplying it for them to stay?

If you are hard set on having reach legendary not share upgrades, you can just reapply the ones removed back to the legendary after it’s equipped.

If you try to put in an infusion from your inventory while weapon is equipped it will take one from another equipped legendary.

No. That infusion isn’t removed from the other legendary but shared since it’s a part of the build template inventory.

If you swap that weapon out and put the infusions back in while it is in your inventory they get kicked out when you swap weapon back in.

Yes as the check is done when equipping weapons to the build templates. Reapplying the infusions after the weapon has been equipped will cause them to remain there although it’s a less efficient use of the infusion.

If you swap it out and and swap in back in without infusions it still won't let you pick em like you want.

Same as above. Swapping between equipment templates, after the infusions have been reapplied, will not kick them out.

So you say you got it to stop kicking out infusions?

Yes as explained above.

Then please explain how exactly you did that since "you can just reapply them and they’ll remain" makes no sense to me at all.

Explained above.

@"Ayrilana.1396"

"Yes as the check is done when equipping weapons to the build templates. Reapplying the infusions after the weapon has been equipped will cause them to remain there although it’s a less efficient use of the infusion."

This is the part I do have problems with my friend.Because I have tired that and the game does not allow me to do that.So I simply do not understand how to do just that I might simply be dumb but oh well.

I mean If I do exactly as you say.The game does not allow me to put more infusions in the template.I did try multiple times exactly what you told me and:It simply did not allow me to put infusions from my inventory in the weapon.

The game insists on using Infusions that are already present in the template in another tab and does not allow me to put more in there.As in:No matter what I tried as long as I have any legendary weapon with Infusions equipped in my second template it does not allow me under any circumstances to put any infusions but those the game can share from my second template in weapons from the first template.I tried for a long time and for the love of all that is holy I could not get it to work the way you described it to me.

Until I figure out how to do that I will simply not put weapons in my other template tabs and before i switch template un equip the weapons.Then I won't face that problem it is clunky and stupid but works.

@Alaya.8765 said:@"Ayrilana.1396"

"Yes as the check is done when equipping weapons to the build templates. Reapplying the infusions after the weapon has been equipped will cause them to remain there although it’s a less efficient use of the infusion."

This is the part I do have problems with my friend.Because I have tired that and the game does not allow me to do that.So I simply do not understand how to do just that I might simply be dumb but oh well.

It allowed me to do it several times last night with infusions. I only tested sigils as far as to see if it’d spit out the extra duplicate Sigil and use the one in the equipment template instead which it did.

I mean If I do exactly as you say.The game does not allow me to put more infusions in the template.I did try multiple times exactly what you told me and:It simply did not allow me to put infusions from my inventory in the weapon.

I’ll have to see what it looks like on your end as I’ve had no issues.