Here I am, not doing placements waiting for patch to drop

Fortus.6175

Because you know that people are now frantically running those broken overtuned builds while they can, I'm not touching ranked till then. Already played 2 placement games (luckily won both) but it was almost nothing but rampage, holoS, mirages and a pinch of condi or dodge thieves, in just TWO games.

I really hope it hits tomorrow (or today) because ranked is the bubonic plague and I aint getting close to it.

the bandwagon into "hit and run" classes are bigger than ever, theres matches with 2 condi mirages or 2 condi/dodge thievs leaving the matches in a ugly playstiles with classes that can kill only from far/hiding; or a team full of "hit and run" against a team full of bunkers(like 2holo+2firebrand+1warrior).

@Fortus.6175 said:Because you know that people are now frantically running those broken overtuned builds while they can, I'm not touching ranked till then. Already played 2 placement games (luckily won both) but it was almost nothing but rampage, holoS, mirages and a pinch of condi or dodge thieves, in just TWO games.

I really hope it hits tomorrow (or today) because ranked is the bubonic plague and I aint getting close to it.

I played one game with 2 spellbreakers, 2 mirages and a weaver on my team. The enemy was 2 spellbreakers, 2 mirages and a s/d condi theif. It was absolute cancer man honestly the most un-enjoyable crap I have ever experienced.

I play SB myself I know it's broken but I would like to see something done about rampage but I can't see what else sb can use? IMO they really need to re design the spellbreaker elite into something which compliments the playstyle better.

@Fortus.6175 said:Because you know that people are now frantically running those broken overtuned builds while they can, I'm not touching ranked till then. Already played 2 placement games (luckily won both) but it was almost nothing but rampage, holoS, mirages and a pinch of condi or dodge thieves, in just TWO games.

I think next patch is like 2 months from now, since the wvw focused one is like 2 weeks old

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Fortus.6175 said:Because you know that people are now frantically running those
broken
overtuned builds while they can, I'm not touching ranked till then. Already played 2 placement games (luckily won both) but it was almost nothing but rampage, holoS, mirages and a pinch of condi or dodge thieves, in just TWO games.

I think next patch is like 2 months from now, since the wvw focused one is like 2 weeks old

Welp, guess I will have to work out my patience muscles.

@"Megametzler.5729" said:Apart from condi thief, I don't find it too bad actually... they basically onehit me with S2+dodge when I am trolling with my power tempest. :lol: Even with perfect blinds, reflects and water overload, I have zero chance.

Still hoping for that patch though, because it can always be better.

Sounds like a classic case of "I think I'm doing everything right, so I must be doing everything right?!"

On top of the usual exaggeration, of course.

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:the bandwagon into "hit and run" classes are bigger than ever, theres matches with 2 condi mirages or 2 condi/dodge thievs leaving the matches in a ugly playstiles with classes that can kill only from far/hiding; or a team full of "hit and run" against a team full of bunkers(like 2holo+2firebrand+1warrior).

Translation: "I want everyone to run into melee range of my own overtuned class, and not dodge my 40 stacks of burn/25 stacks of might!"

Man, it's almost like there is strategic diversity in the game!

It would be interesting to see the stats of the number of matches played in unranked compared with ranked. I am not particularly waiting for the patch but I did 9 placement matches out of 10 that's all and I don't bother finishing it, unranked just seems to offer more quality matches than ranked this season. Less toxicity, less AFK and better matchmaking overall I noticed (maybe chance or less match manipulation).

@Fortus.6175 said:

@Fortus.6175 said:Because you know that people are now frantically running those
broken
overtuned builds while they can, I'm not touching ranked till then. Already played 2 placement games (luckily won both) but it was almost nothing but rampage, holoS, mirages and a pinch of condi or dodge thieves, in just TWO games.

Welp, guess I will have to work out my patience muscles.

A small balancing patch is supposed to get released earlier. For me it helped also to adjust my expectation. I don't expect fair matchups, balanced classes or going up in ranks. Just play for the fun of playing. Somebody AFK or some rage in chat - who cares. Everything evens out in the end.