Been a main necro feels sad now.

Janna.9021

So well i was playing my 9th placement match for this season and it wasnt even over when i decided i didnt want to play anymore.So well i am a player dont consider myself Noob or new to the game anymore, been playing for over a year now and i specially like PVP content, i am a player that has already gotten this "The Ascension" and this might not seem much to many of you it doesnt even mean much to me, but i loved pvp and decided i would go trough the struggle of learning more classes to reach this goal.I have been playing Scourge since the very first day i was able to do it, been necro my first character the one i loved the most, concept speaking ammong other things, the things i do in the game is basically everything, i Raid, i do a lot of WvW, i have played most content in the game crafting full sets of legendaries ammongs other fun stuff.This been said i understand the Nerf to the necro, i understand it was overpowered, i understand i could do a 3 vs 1 and still hold enough, but at this point in the game they have DESTROYED its core mecanic. in WVW it got flipped, 10 targs which was the only shine we got after listening that we could no longer replicate the skills on the shade and on us...scourge was already behing most classes in damage when it came to pve., but im not to complain about that.I come to complain how just loggin as a scourge in the match and your team mates start Pming you "are you trolling?", how can it come down to this... then you come still with a smile feeling optimistic just to realise you have nothing to do there. you cant face most matches now. you cant win trades now. The lack of mobility in the necro was due to the ability of farcasting skills, well they took out the farcasting and didnt give us ANYTHING .When the match was over i felt the need of comming to say.Balance is not just about nerfing stuff, because you indeed nerf the will of players of having a choise, i dont want to play my class anymore because ITS NOT FUN ANYMORE, people complaining about you, people thinking you are trolling and you trying your best just to figure out you cant because you dont have the tools you needed.Playing necro feels SAD now.

Pd. Sorry for my bad english not my main language.

Necro is not scourge, i play Reaper mostly and i consider scourge one of the worst designed specks in the game, it was braindead lame easy gameplay that didn't deserve to be strong damage dealer, it should have been support from the start but noo rolled support and damage in one pff.Play Terror mancer core or Reaper and stop whining about that dog shit AOE area denial bullshit. It is gone and people have the option to play more builds in pvp.

See this is where I come in to say this.

It may have been fun for YOU, but not for the tempest mains that were basically kicked out because no matter what we do or how much healing we pumped out or how much cc we dumped on you guys, y'all had a safety button. EVEN WHEN YOU ARE KNOCKED DOWN AND DAZED, you get a free AOE to cycle around you and we were always forced to back away until you were basically back at full charge and practically melt us. On top of your healing partner (Firebrand) that really gave us the full boot.

Scourge was one of the worst designed classes, period. It flipped PvP on its forehead with how mid-fights play out. Even with scourge at its low, people still play like a scourge is gonna come out of the woodworks because that's how much scourge beat into us that going melee against scourge was a punishment in its own right.

I'm all for hard counters, or even just soft counters, but scourge went too far for too long with it's compadres in both WvW AND PvP.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:See this is where I come in to say this.

It may have been fun for YOU, but not for the tempest mains that were basically kicked out

nah, firebrand being better in every way is what kicked tempest out

Anyway I liked Scourge because it was advertised as a support spec. (Woo I can play a support necromancer. A master of death is instead keeping people alive. How cool is that?) So that's how I played it. Mender amulet, Sage amulet, and even Magi amulet when it was a thing. It was fun while it worked. It doesn't work anymore, and that's very unfortunate.

It may have been fun for YOU, but not for the tempest mains that were basically kicked out because no matter what we do or how much healing we pumped out or how much cc we dumped on you guys, y'all had a safety button. EVEN WHEN YOU ARE KNOCKED DOWN AND DAZED, you get a free AOE to cycle around you and we were always forced to back away until you were basically back at full charge and practically melt us. On top of your healing partner (Firebrand) that really gave us the full boot.

Scourge was one of the worst designed classes, period. It flipped PvP on its forehead with how mid-fights play out. Even with scourge at its low, people still play like a scourge is gonna come out of the woodworks because that's how much scourge beat into us that going melee against scourge was a punishment in its own right.

I'm all for hard counters, or even just soft counters, but scourge went too far for too long with it's compadres in both WvW AND PvP.

I think you vastly overestimate scourge and underestimate firebrand. Scourge was a straight upgrade over core necro - then again, so was nearly every other elite spec, but that aside...FB was what made scourge so effective. Without it, scourge was much more manageable, except perhaps at the very beginning when scourge was deff OP, even on its own.

Anywho. Having double scourge against a team that didn't (and lacked a FB) used to be p much an instant win. Nowdays? I rarely see scourges anymore, and when I do they tend to get shredded. They got shredded most of the time anyway if there wasn't a FB around.

Really though, please don't blame scourge (too much) for what Firebrand did. Scourge is really hurting at the moment.

@Curennos.9307 said:

I think you vastly overestimate scourge and underestimate firebrand. Scourge was a straight upgrade over core necro - then again, so was nearly every other elite spec, but that aside...FB was what made scourge so effective. Without it, scourge was
much
more manageable, except perhaps at the very beginning when scourge was deff OP, even on its own.

Anywho. Having double scourge against a team that didn't (and lacked a FB) used to be p much an instant win. Nowdays? I rarely see scourges anymore, and when I do they tend to get shredded. They got shredded most of the time anyway if there wasn't a FB around.

Really though, please don't blame scourge (too much) for what Firebrand did. Scourge is really hurting at the moment.

They both played a heavy role in my eyes and both deserved to be equally gutted along with anything else that gets close to their power level. Having two classes practically dominant PvP in the begining of PoF and then permanently dominating WvW should have never been a thing, ever.

Most MMOs would have went under if there were classes that practically tier zero for as long scourge and FB reigned supreme.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

I think you vastly overestimate scourge and underestimate firebrand. Scourge was a straight upgrade over core necro - then again, so was nearly every other elite spec, but that aside...FB was what made scourge so effective. Without it, scourge was
much
more manageable, except perhaps at the very beginning when scourge was deff OP, even on its own.

They both played a heavy role in my eyes and both deserved to be equally gutted along with anything else that gets close to their power level. Having two classes practically dominant PvP in the begining of PoF and then permanently dominating WvW should have never been a thing, ever.

Most MMOs would have went under if there were classes that practically tier zero for as long scourge and FB reigned supreme.

Letting classes become so dominant they push others out of the meta is bad game design.

Then again, so is nerfing things into utter uselessness because they were strong at some point is also kinda crappy, too.

@Janna.9021 said:I understand the Nerf to the necro, i understand it was overpowered,

It really just wasn't though. The nerf was unwarranted.

@"Sovari.7246" said:Core necro skills especially the shroud feel really boring.. the fun factor is just not there. They should completely redo.. skill 2 and 5

Agreed. I think that if they sped up the Shroud #1 auto, and buffed Shroud #4 and #5 damage a bit, Core Necro Shroud would feel a bit less "lackluster."

@Curennos.9307 said:Really though, please don't blame scourge (too much) for what Firebrand did. Scourge is really hurting at the moment.

The problem was never Scourge as an individual entity. It was always very specifically how Barrier play stacked with FB Support play.

Scourge is still totally playable only needs 2 braincells more now. But if you miss the chill during playing Scourge aside from the need to kite when getting focused than you can switch to Reaper, it is actually busted, crazy easy to apply dmg and great sustain. Even Corenecro is playable at least in solo q. A support Ele then will make you unkillable almost more than a FB. At least worked perfect in ranked the few times i had that duo, didn't try that combo in Ats but it seems very strong. A good variant when no FB available.