Pub Guild Wars 2 Organized Fights

Sovereign.1093

This is an idea that popped in my head as I recall my old days fighting for private competitions in starcraft 2 sotis.

Why not have a public discord for opposing servers where players who want to do pub gvg can have players who want to do it discuss the match with the opposition and have fights.

and i mean not wvw capture pron but, have an organized 5 v 5 10v10 15 v 15 and not just guilds, you can rotate members and players provided in coms.

i.e.

we got server a b c go to discord and they name self i from a b or c

we want to do 10v10 or 10v10v10 so ppl in discord choose a driver base on vote.

2 person 3 people choosen chooses from their pool the players in their server to join the organized skirmish and play.

i mean this bypasses our wait for the alliance when we can do this now and organize.

although i hope this already exists. think about it.

get ppl from all sides in coms and have regular gvgs and doesnt have to be per guild but you can randomly choose ppl to so more ppl get into it.

best done in the guild arena so anyone can vote for a driver and all players from all interested servers can play.

you can organize this now.

go to discord. ppl who want to do it. talk.

choose 2 drivers.

drivers, choose your team mates.

who is left out. sorry hehe.

if there is enough ppl many can do this at the same time.

then fight. =)

make rules like.

1. ok no invis
  2. no more than 1 fb per 5 players
  3. only 1 scourge per 5
  4. no commander sniping
  5. commander dies, x team wins or y team
  6. no stacking runes of the grove

etc etc

what about the loot?

well... go pve for that. do this after you do dailies

i'll dedicate fridays for this for those interested. so, help me out. day before reset i'm sure ppl would like to duke it out and make friends. hehe.

it will be difficult to organize too but it has to start somewhere.

send me a mail if interested.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:should have no daredevil rule lol

hehe if you guys agree to it. =)

@Dawdler.8521 said:Then do it. Nothing stopping you.

Well except most people dont want to spend 2 hours organizing a 2m fight that will probably end in disappointment.

well most people play farmville in the day.

actually i will test drive this for a month for na. so for those interested. just send me mail. lets hope we can coordinate atleast 1 fight in na. and hopefully make new friends.

in the least 1 5v5 is a start imo. baby steps. from there, can probably use an existing discord etc. we'll see.

Just a tipMaybe make a shared Excel list for guilds, timeslote etc and tabs on different scales of fightsTry to coöperatie with guildleaders or representaties to fill in the sheets for their guildy

Gonna take a lot of time now but Will safe a lot of effort and communications through you

<3 hope IT works out a bit

@L A T I O N.8923 said:Just a tipMaybe make a shared Excel list for guilds, timeslote etc and tabs on different scales of fightsTry to coöperatie with guildleaders or representaties to fill in the sheets for their guildy

Gonna take a lot of time now but Will safe a lot of effort and communications through you

<3 hope IT works out a bit

yes. google sheets ftw. =) i recall being competitive in starcraft 2. and that sotis game was really fun, like dota and or lol.

it roughly took us 5 minutes or so to organize on fights and agree on rules.

i hope its doable here to since some players are indeed serious in somethings.

of course some will say casual x x x but, in house games are fun.

@Limodriver.4106 said:it will never work sinsce 99% of wvw players just want to blob ppl down with # they dont care about gvg fair fight.

not everyone will do it, but i've talked to a few who are willing - we may already have our first match this friday - but probably just 5v5 or something. we'll see. to those who want to blob up, well, not much i can do about it. :/ this is a community thing based on players agreement. an in house pub game that requires only consent. your server/guild won't matter here because anyone can go to team A or B.

You'll have to set it up to streamline any prep so people aren't loosing steam waiting and you'll have to be prepared to just make a call and run with it, or it becomes an ingame job like organized raids can become. In Age of Conan I felt like rage quitting after every guild siege but there was a harvesting and production payoff if you're crafters and gathers owned one of those plots in the border map. For awhile there had been cooperation in the planning between sides and within alliances to try to include people and to try to avoid drama but eventually I shook all that off and downsized to my guild+trusted floaters and honed our preparation and real time teamwork around whatever the game mechanics offered even if they were buggy and lacking.

I think you'd have better options for gvg in the long run if we try to inject the devs with solid ideas to ride in ontop of alliances because ultimately as populations move around the ingame systems are what will carry the backend regardless of how invigorated event planners can be. But I also think it's worth at least getting momentum on something, even if it starts out small and janky, to build a community around it. Good luck, sounds aggravating and fun. If it bombs here and there laugh it off and have fun with it and make corrections, better than nothing going on.

@kash.9213 said:You'll have to set it up to streamline any prep so people aren't loosing steam waiting and you'll have to be prepared to just make a call and run with it, or it becomes an ingame job like organized raids can become. In Age of Conan I felt like rage quitting after every guild siege but there was a harvesting and production payoff if you're crafters and gathers owned one of those plots in the border map. For awhile there had been cooperation in the planning between sides and within alliances to try to include people and to try to avoid drama but eventually I shook all that off and downsized to my guild+trusted floaters and honed our preparation and real time teamwork around whatever the game mechanics offered even if they were buggy and lacking.

I think you'd have better options for gvg in the long run if we try to inject the devs with solid ideas to ride in ontop of alliances because ultimately as populations move around the ingame systems are what will carry the backend regardless of how invigorated event planners can be. But I also think it's worth at least getting momentum on something, even if it starts out small and janky, to build a community around it. Good luck, sounds aggravating and fun. If it bombs here and there laugh it off and have fun with it and make corrections, better than nothing going on.

=) indeed. hope it would be a fun hour or two and becomes a regular thing not only for me but others too.

will hold our first try this friday philippine time 10pm it is plus 8gmt. or 12pm to 2pm server time.

putting in a two hour lag in case i need to woo my son to sleep. so i can organize the event. i will shout it out in la too, to see if ppl find interest.

come if free. spent time with me and my troops and lets have some in house organized team v team. (na only though).

if we can get atleast 10ppl in discord to coordinate this, it will catch on.

why friday?

day before reset. so we dont have that much wvw obligation.

Hey Sov. Kudos to you for putting this together!

Last year I set up 5 or 6 of these weekly brawls in both custom arenas and guild hall. It was usually 8v8-10v10s and open to players from any guild or server. One thing you need to keep in mind is that because there are no rewards, these sort of events only appeal to folks that are close to you, e.g., friends/guildies, players that want to try something new (will only show up once or twice before losing interest), and the "killer" player personality archetype. It's really difficult to grow these sort of homebrew events unless there's something truly compelling about the actual gameplay experience.

Unfortunately with current PvE balance (heavily overtuned warrior builds), rigidity of the meta (doing your own thing is suicide for your team), and a general pessimism towards anything competitive on NA (de-legitimizing competition means your guild isn't threatened by it), it's really hard stuff. I recommend finding someone you trust to regularly drive for the other team, striving for even fights and swapping members every X number of rounds, and doing whatever it takes to reduce downtime between rounds (including limiting class swapping).

Good luck.

@"expandas.7051" said:Hey Sov. Kudos to you for putting this together!

Last year I set up 5 or 6 of these weekly brawls in both custom arenas and guild hall. It was usually 8v8-10v10s and open to players from any guild or server. One thing you need to keep in mind is that because there are no rewards, these sort of events only appeal to folks that are close to you, e.g., friends/guildies, players that want to try something new (will only show up once or twice before losing interest), and the "killer" player personality archetype. It's really difficult to grow these sort of homebrew events unless there's something truly compelling about the actual gameplay experience.

Unfortunately with current PvE balance (heavily overtuned warrior builds), rigidity of the meta (doing your own thing is suicide for your team), and a general pessimism towards anything competitive on NA (de-legitimizing competition means your guild isn't threatened by it), it's really hard stuff. I recommend finding someone you trust to regularly drive for the other team, striving for even fights and swapping members every X number of rounds, and doing whatever it takes to reduce downtime between rounds (including limiting class swapping).

Good luck.

yes. it is not easy even from my guys >3< we plan to use the draft method so all can experience being on each others side and not be a premade team. thanks for your input :3