Possible hints at future elite specs' weapons?

Uete.3805

Maybe I'm reading too much about this, but I believe the devs dropped a hint at what could be the next weapons for elite specs (if and when they get released). After the Icebrood Saga presentation, it looked like we wouldn't be getting any elite specs any soon. That is, until this interview came up, where Mike Z gives elite specs as an example of things that could be part of the Saga.

That morsel of information and today's patch have re-invigorated my passion for this game. And so I went to the wiki and found this image from their intial presentation. We can see Jhavi (she looks quite necromancer-y), Rytlock (Revenant extraordinaire) and Braham (the Guardian) sporting some weird weapons for their classes. Jhavi's using Axe Main-hand + Shield Off-hand, Rytlock is using Sohothin with both hands (albeit he tends to wield it like this in promotional materials) and Braham's using Mace Off-hand.

Could this be a sneaky teaser for upcoming elite specs? Honestly, Necro Shield, Renenant Greatsword and Guardian OH Mace don't look too interesting to me, but maybe some of you can come up with great ideas for specs that could weild those weapons? Let's all hope we get elite specs sooner rather than later!

Cheers all and enjoy the Prologue!

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:Naaah, pretty sure there was some interview recently where someone from anet (possibly Mark Z) said they're not currently working on the new especs. People linked that on the forum not long ago.

Show link. Because expansion been in work for a while, seem silly to not have elite specs for them also planned.

I don't have a link 'on hand'. You can look for it in "Guild Wars 2 discussion" part of the forum as much as I can, soo... Go for it. :D

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

@RedShark.9548 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:Necro could do with a defensive weapon like shield.

Only if this is a core weapon and the elite spec adds main hand Sword to pair with it.

Why would that be? Why not use dagger and shield, or scepter and shield?

because if Necro get a core Shield, I want an Elite Spec weapon that goes with it

Reading into it too much imo.Braham holding his mace (no shield) in this hand is likely done for artistic show.. would have been hidden behind Rytlock otherwise.. Braham has been depicted in past artwork with other weapons too such this picture where he appears to be weilding a long hilted 2 handed weapon.. possibly a hammer.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/9/97/Tangled_Paths_concept_art.jpg

Jhavi is interesting though being depicted with a shield, though she honestly gives off far more of a Warriors vibe than a Necromancer.Guess we'll see in game the kind of charcter she is, but it wouldn't be the first time NPC's have used weapons not of their class.Marjory had a Gs long before Reaper was a thing and Traherne before her, there's also a dungeon NPC duel wielding sceptors and Rytlock was using a Greatsword in the final instance of PoF.It's true that sometimes this does hint at potential elite spec weapons but it's often just means nothing.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Only if this is a core weapon and the elite spec adds main hand Sword to pair with it.

because if Necro get a core Shield, I want an Elite Spec weapon that goes with it

Shield would be the elite specc weapon... Why would necro get a core weapon, when nobody else does? Did i miss something?

Chronomancer got a shield, no other weapon.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Shield would be the elite specc weapon... Why would necro get a core weapon, when nobody else does? Did i miss something?

I assume we are talking about new Core Weapons potentially getting added. meaning weapons any elite spec can use like other core weapons. Not elite specs.Which only Elite specs can use those weapons.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

I assume we are talking about new Core Weapons potentially getting added. meaning weapons any elite spec can use like other core weapons. Not elite specs.Which only Elite specs can use those weapons.

Uh, maybe read the first sentence of the op's post again. He specifically talks about elite specs.

Edit: the words elite spec are said multiple times over his whole post :)