warriors is easy mode in pvp

VoidNard.7206

How are warriors allowed to have so much sustain, damage and that much cc all at once? what are they bad at? Then you say "oh they are weak to ranged combat"..... like no, all they do is pull out their rifle and one shot you like a deadeye would. Where is the idea that some classes are strong at certain things and other classes are stronger at other things. You dont see this concept in pvp and its masking the game unbalanced, since everyone can everything, especially warriors. This game is so frustrating, pvp just sucks. No wonder nobody wants to play it.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:They really are. I'm doing the backpack thing and it requires you to win 5 matches on 3 different classes so I made a war with no idea how to play one and won 5 outta 8 matches and could destroy players and easily run away if I wanted too. Still need 5 on a third class now and struggling with ranger. So lesson is if you see something op don't complain just play that class.

Thats dumb...

yeah lets all play warrior! smart! forget balance!

@"VoidNard.7206" said:How are warriors allowed to have so much sustain, damage and that much cc all at once?

Because the majority of their builds damage output requires them to hug you for extensive periods of time, and most of their heavy or cc moves have startup frames so you can see them coming from a mile away.

what are they bad at?

Ranged combat/being kited.

Then you say "oh they are weak to ranged combat"..... like no, all they do is pull out their rifle and one shot you like a deadeye would.

They have one move that can hit you like a truck on rifle and it has a 1.75 second startup time and an obvious animation, which is well within human reaction speed.The gun flame variant has an even bigger telegraph, with them having to be zerkermode to even access it at all.

Both of these moves can be blocked or reflected.

Where is the idea that some classes are strong at certain things and other classes are stronger at other things.

See above.

You dont see this concept in pvp and its masking the game unbalanced, since everyone can everything, especially warriors. This game is so frustrating, pvp just sucks. No wonder nobody wants to play it.

People aren't angry at rifle warrior. You can dodge that with enough practice. People are angry at PVP because there are a bunch of things that are outside of reasonable expectations for avoiding, but kill shot/Rifle warrior is not one of them.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:They really are. I'm doing the backpack thing and it requires you to win 5 matches on 3 different classes so I made a war with no idea how to play one and won 5 outta 8 matches and could destroy players and easily run away if I wanted too. Still need 5 on a third class now and struggling with ranger. So lesson is if you see something op don't complain just play that class.

At low MMR, people don't know how to respond to telegraphs, and since warrior has the bluntest damage output, it is more devastating to people just starting pvp.At mid to high MMR the opposite is true, and people will avoid you/your key skills while doing damage from range.

@"VoidNard.7206" said:How are warriors allowed to have so much sustain, damage and that much cc all at once? what are they bad at? Then you say "oh they are weak to ranged combat"..... like no, all they do is pull out their rifle and one shot you like a deadeye would. Where is the idea that some classes are strong at certain things and other classes are stronger at other things. You dont see this concept in pvp and its masking the game unbalanced, since everyone can everything, especially warriors. This game is so frustrating, pvp just sucks. No wonder nobody wants to play it.

I hate fighting wars..but really the only problem is Rampage which will be fixed shortly, rest takes practice to fight properly. I have few suggestions for you :

-Make a warrior and fight other classes , you'll understand how you can counter war-Duel good/great warriors for as long as you can , you'll understand the most used tactics and how to anticipate them

@"VoidNard.7206" said:How are warriors allowed to have so much sustain, damage and that much cc all at once? what are they bad at? Then you say "oh they are weak to ranged combat"..... like no, all they do is pull out their rifle and one shot you like a deadeye would. Where is the idea that some classes are strong at certain things and other classes are stronger at other things. You dont see this concept in pvp and its masking the game unbalanced, since everyone can everything, especially warriors. This game is so frustrating, pvp just sucks. No wonder nobody wants to play it.

The gs + d/sh spellbreaker build, and rifle 1 shot build are two completely different things, and no warrior can run both at the same time. If you combine 2 builds from any class together they will be op. Warrior has always been one of easiest classes to start playing. Despite the poor state of balance, pvp is still mostly skill based. If you are dying constantly to average warrior players, and are unable to deal with rifle burst, you need to practice more or get a better understanding of the game. Its already generally understood that power creep causes nearly every class to be op in some way, and this is the main reason why pvp feels frustrating and broken.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

Thats dumb...

Not really. there's multiple classes that are op atm. It's how you find out if they are op or not. If you think it's op and you have no clue and are successful then it might be the class. If you think it's op and you try it and are still bad then it's you not the class. I'm not good at all but my exp with war was easy and yes im low rank so maybe why I did so good

My exp with warriors was as follows.Tryhard metabattle mesmer for a month, hardstuck gold.Make random core warrior, got to plat.Used spellbreaker, even fucking stronger.Decided to never use this overstat pile of brokenness.back to mesmer.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Thats dumb...

Not really. there's multiple classes that are op atm. It's how you find out if they are op or not. If you think it's op and you have no clue and are successful then it might be the class. If you think it's op and you try it and are still bad then it's you not the class. I'm not good at all but my exp with war was easy and yes im low rank so maybe why I did so good

My exp with warriors was as follows.Tryhard metabattle mesmer for a month, hardstuck gold.Make random core warrior, got to plat.Used spellbreaker, even kitten stronger.Decided to never use this overstat pile of brokenness.back to mesmer.

sounds made up, im semi hard stuck gold with spellbreaker, less so with core, because war tactic core has better carry potential(somehow your spellbreaker goes better then core is beyond my understanding)but i can easily get plat-plat2 with thief, holo and weaver(ele), side note i've not played ele more then 100 games in the past 3 years.unless u duo Q, which then renders your argument pointless.

This is the problem with "easy to play classes". As a new player its easy to understand how to deal lots of dmg with it, which warrior absolutely can do.But that comes with a price, those skills have a big animation and time to windup, so are easy to dodge.

As a new player you are very likely to play against other new players who have no idea what they are doing AND what the enemy is doing, so they get their face bashed in by those easy to tell and slow attacks.

In higher ranks of pvp ppl know what the enemy can do and how he does it, they see animations and react to them.Thats were the simplicity of the class hurts itself, ppl wont eat each and every of those easy to see skills, even abuse those long animations, in which hes stuck, to burst him.

Sorry, as much as i hate seeing this term being used, but in this case its definately a "learn to play" issue. Especially if you have such big problems with rifle warrior.

And btw, warriors cant swap their entire build from melee to ranged in a match.

@Lighter.5631 said:

Thats dumb...

My exp with warriors was as follows.Tryhard metabattle mesmer for a month, hardstuck gold.Make random core warrior, got to plat.Used spellbreaker, even kitten stronger.Decided to never use this overstat pile of brokenness.back to mesmer.

sounds made up, im semi hard stuck gold with spellbreaker, less so with core, because war tactic core has better carry potential(somehow your spellbreaker goes better then core is beyond my understanding)but i can easily get plat-plat2 with thief, holo and weaver(ele), side note i've not played ele more then 100 games in the past 3 years.unless u duo Q, which then renders your argument pointless.

Isn't mesmer meant to be more face roll than warrior though? (Excluding power ofc)

@"Lighter.5631" said:sounds made up, im semi hard stuck gold with spellbreaker, less so with core, because war tactic core has better carry potential(somehow your spellbreaker goes better then core is beyond my understanding)but i can easily get plat-plat2 with thief, holo and weaver(ele), side note i've not played ele more then 100 games in the past 3 years.unless u duo Q, which then renders your argument pointless.

Man, you just say " i'm good with thief, holo and weaver but bad with warrior" nothing else =)

don't be upset, i'm bad with war too ;) (even if i play core war now with all my alt accounts)

@"Arheundel.6451" said:I hate fighting wars..but really the only problem is Rampage which will be fixed shortly, rest takes practice to fight properly. I have few suggestions for you :-Make a warrior and fight other classes , you'll understand how you can counter war-Duel good/great warriors for as long as you can , you'll understand the most used tactics and how to anticipate them

As a weaver, you frgot "Warrior's Cunning" (gonna be nerf soon) ;) (unless u still playing tempest as me)

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:sounds made up, im semi hard stuck gold with spellbreaker, less so with core, because war tactic core has better carry potential(somehow your spellbreaker goes better then core is beyond my understanding)but i can easily get plat-plat2 with thief, holo and weaver(ele), side note i've not played ele more then 100 games in the past 3 years.unless u duo Q, which then renders your argument pointless.

Man, you just say " i'm good with thief, holo and weaver but bad with warrior" nothing else =)

don't be upset, i'm bad with war too ;) (even if i play core war now with all my alt accounts)

thank you for disapproving their points...?

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Thats dumb...

Isn't mesmer meant to be more face roll than warrior though? (Excluding power ofc)

not sure what u mean by face roll, but mirage definitely has a learning gap for less skilled player imo, not denying how strong it is.

@Lighter.5631 said:

Thats dumb...

might be difference in playstyle, SPB gets better burst damage, easy adrenaline sustain, and extra "dodge" on f2. Those might just fill my way of play more, or it might be daggers extra mobility on f1 or m2/3.

Hello, I run rifle warrior currently, I'm part of the problem and I did all of the crimes against humanity.

If you die to me sitting on my knee motionless for literally 2 seconds after I very obviously spammed might for it and tried to make room for the move to land, it's not a bad play on my part. Melee warriors are that because their moveset is a very strong blend of evasive moves, mobility, block, CC and heavy-hitting damage. Me pew-pewing at you with rifle's awkward everything is not that at all. Leave my rifle alone, you monster.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Thats dumb...

depends what you mean by faceroll, you wont run into a teamfight on condi mirage and wipe 3-4 people within secounds. I have done it on warrior due to rampage couple of times even through i dont kid myself and know for a fact that im shit at warrior.

What class do you play and what mmr?

Warrior is the most basic strait forward class in the game , specs included.It's easier to pick up for reasons just stated and is also a easy noob stomper for same reasons.Against more experienced players the basic strait forward nature of the class becomes a large downside for obvious reason I don't need to mention. Yeah rampage was overturned but it's getting a very hard nerf next patch, to hard imo as huge coefficient decreases like the one intended usually don't end with satisfactory results on either side of the spectrum.Warrior shouldn't be rampaging into a group and killing the group with 2 shots obviously as no class should but one rampage skill plus rampage auto being the only 2 skills in the line that that do damage is silly. A warriors rampage would be more fitting only having 1 cc or 2 tops and the rest having more damage than standard skills but not the seemingly 2 or 3 times the dps of standard skills like it seems now.